Curtis J. Richardson
- Flanagan, N., and C.J. Richardson, A multi-scale approach to prioritize wetland restoration for watershed-level water quality,
Wetlands Ecology and Management, vol. 18
pp. 695–706 [pdf] [abs].
- C.J. Richardson, The Everglades: North America’s subtropical wetland.,
Wetlands Ecology and Management, vol. 18
pp. 517–542 [pdf] [abs].
- J.M. Unghire, A.E. Sutton-Grier, N.E. Flanagan, and C.J. Richardson, Spatial impacts and wetland restoration on riparian soil properties in the North Carolina Piedmont,
(2010) [pdf] [abs].
- Sutton-Grier, A.E., M.A. Kenney, and C.J. Richardson, Examining the relationship between ecosystem structure and function using structural equation modeling: A case study examining denitrification potential in restored wetland soils.,
Ecological Modelling, vol. 221 no. 5
pp. 761–768 [pdf] [abs].
- Bernhardt, E.S., B.P. Colman, M.F. Hochella, Jr., B.J. Cardinale, R.M. Nisbet, C.J. Richardson, and L. Yin, An ecological perspective on nanomaterial impacts in the environment,
Journal of Environmental Quality no. 39
pp. 1954-1965 [abs].
- Bruland, G.L., C.J. Richardson, W.L. Daniels, Microbial and geochemical responses to organic matter amendments in a created wetland,
(2009) (29 (4):1153-1165.) .
- Osland, M.J., J.W. Pahl, and C.J. Richardson, Native bamboo (Arundinaria gigantean) establishment and growth after the removal of an invasive non-native shrub (Ligustrum sinense): implications for restoration,
(2009) (74 (3):247-258.) .
- C.J. Richardson, Wetlands of Mass Destruction,
(2009) (26 (4)36-41.) .
- Sundareshwar, P.V., C J. Richardson, R.A Gleason, P.J. Pellechia, and S. Honomichl, Nature versus nurture: Functional assessment of restoration effects on wetland services using Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy,
Geophysical Research Letters
- Sutton-Grier, A.E., M. Ho, and C.J. Richardson, Organic amendments improve soil conditions and denitrification in a restored riparian wetland,
- Hartman, W.H., C.J. Richardson, R. Vilgalys, and G.L. Bruland., Environmental and anthropogenic controls over bacterial communities in wetland soils,
PNAS, vol. 105 no. 46
pp. 17842-17847 .
- Richardson, C.J. and N. A. Hussain, Restoring the Garden of Eden: An Ecological Assessment of the Marshes of Iraq,
BioScience, vol. 56
pp. 477-489 .
- Bruland, G.L., and C.J. Richardson, An assessment of the phosphorus retention capacity of wetlands in the Painter Creek Watershed, Minnesota USA,
Water, Air, and Soil Pollution, vol. 171
pp. 169-184 .
- Bruland, G.L., and C.J. Richardson, Comparison of soil organic matter in created, retored and paired natural wetlands in North Carolina,
Wetlands Ecology and Management, vol. 14
pp. 245-251 .
- C.J. Richardson, P. Reiss, N.A. Hussain, A.J. Alwash & D.J. Pool, The restoration potential of the Mesopotamian marshes of Iraq,
Science, vol. 307
pp. 1307-1311 .
- P. Benzing & C.J. Richardson, CaCO3 Causes Underestimation of NaOH Extractable Phosphorus in Sequential Fractionations,
Soil Science, vol. 170 no. 10
pp. 802-809 .
- G.L. Bruland & C.J. Richardson, Hydrologic, edaphic, and vegetative responses to Microtopographic reestablishment in a restored wetland,
Restoration Ecology, vol. 13 no. 3
pp. 1-9 .
- G.L. Bruland & C.J. Richardson, Spatial variability of soil properties in created, restored, and paired natural wetlands,
Soil Science Society of America Journal, vol. 69
pp. 273-284 .
- R.S. King, C.J. Richardson, D.L. Urban & E.A. Romanowicz, Spatial dependency of vegetationâ€“Environment Linkages in an anthropogenically influenced wetland ecosystem,
Ecosystems, vol. 7
pp. 75-97 .
- C.J. Richardson, Pocosins: Evergreen shrub bogs of the southeast,
in Wetland Habitats of North America: Ecology and Conservation Concerns. D. Batzer and A. Baldwin, eds. University of California Press.
- C.J. Richardson, The Everglades Experiments: Lessons for Ecosystem Restoration
pp. 698, Springer .
- C.J. Richardson, The status of Mesopotamian marsh restoration in Iraq: A case study of transboundary water issues and internal water allocation problems.,
in Korhonen-Kurki, K., and M. Fox (eds.). Towards New Solutions in Managing Environmental Crisis: Proceedings of the USA–Iran–Finland Environmental Workshop, 14-15.9.2009, Haikko, Finland. Helsinki, University, Helsinki.
pp. 59-72 [pdf] .
- Richardson, C.J., and P. Vaithiyanathan, Biogeochemical Dynamics II. Cycling and storage of phosphorus in wetlands.,
in Maltby, E. and T. Barker (eds). The Wetlands Handbook. Wiley-Blackwell.
- J. Vymazal & C.J. Richardson, The relationship between soil, water nutrients and biomass of Cladium jamaicense and Typha latifolia in the northern Everglades,
in Nutrients in Natural and Constructed Wetlands, edited by J. Vymazal
(2003), Leiden: Backhuys Publishers .
- C.J. Richardson & K. Nunnery, Ecological functional assessment (EFA): A new approach to determining wetland health,
in Transformations of Nutrients in Natural and Constructed Wetlands, edited by J. Vymazal
pp. 95-112, Leiden: Backhuys Publishers .
- C.J. Richardson & J. Vymazal, Sampling macrophytes in wetlands (Chapter 14),
in Bioassessment and Management of North American Freshwater Wetlands, edited by R. Rader, D.P. Butzer & Scott A. Wissinger
pp. 297-338, New York: John Wiley & Sons .
Contact Curtis J. Richardson
Durham, NC 27708
fax: (919) 613-8101