Jennifer J. Swenson
- AM Schwantes, JJ Swenson and RB Jackson, Quantifying drought-induced tree mortality in the open canopy woodlands of central Texas,
Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 181
pp. 54-64 [doi] .
- DANICA SCHAFFER-SMITH, JENNIFERJ SWENSON and ANTONIOJ BÓVEDA-PENALBA, Rapid conservation assessment for endangered species using habitat connectivity models,
pp. 1-10 [doi] .
- M González-Roglich and JJ Swenson, Tree cover and carbon mapping of Argentine savannas: Scaling from field to region,
Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 172
pp. 139-147 [doi] .
- M González-Roglich, JJ Swenson, D Villarreal, EG Jobbágy and RB Jackson, Woody Plant-Cover Dynamics in Argentine Savannas from the 1880s to 2000s: The Interplay of Encroachment and Agriculture Conversion at Varying Scales,
Ecosystems, vol. 18 no. 3
pp. 481-492 [doi] .
- NG McDowell, NC Coops, PS Beck, JQ Chambers, C Gangodagamage, JA Hicke, CY Huang, R Kennedy, DJ Krofcheck, M Litvak, AJ Meddens, J Muss, R Negrón-Juarez, C Peng, AM Schwantes, JJ Swenson, LJ Vernon, AP Williams, C Xu, M Zhao, SW Running and CD Allen, Global satellite monitoring of climate-induced vegetation disturbances.,
Trends in plant science, vol. 20 no. 2
pp. 114-123 [doi] [abs].
- M González-Roglich, JJ Swenson, EG Jobbágy and RB Jackson, Shifting carbon pools along a plant cover gradient in woody encroached savannas of central Argentina,
Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 331
pp. 71-78 [doi] .
- JB Riegel, E Bernhardt and J Swenson, Estimating Above-Ground Carbon Biomass in a Newly Restored Coastal Plain Wetland Using Remote Sensing,
PLoS ONE, vol. 8 no. 6
(May, 2013) [doi] [abs].
- Smart, L., Swenson, J.J., Christensen, N., Sexton, J.O., Vertical and spatial patterns of canopy structure in SE Pines: LiDAR applications for wildlife habitat.,
For Ecol Manage, vol. 281
pp. 100–110 [S0378112712003490] [abs].
- LS Smart, JJ Swenson, NL Christensen and JO Sexton, Three-dimensional characterization of pine forest type and red-cockaded woodpecker habitat by small-footprint, discrete-return lidar,
Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 281
pp. 100-110 [doi] [abs].
- JC Domec, G Sun, A Noormets, MJ Gavazzi, EA Treasure, E Cohen, JJ Swenson, SG McNulty and JS King, A comparison of three methods to estimate evapotranspiration in two contrasting loblolly pine plantations: Age-related changes in water use and drought sensitivity of evapotranspiration components,
Forest Science, vol. 58 no. 5
pp. 497-512 [repository], [doi] [abs].
- JJ Swenson, BE Young, S Beck, P Comer, JH Córdova, J Dyson, D Embert, F Encarnación, W Ferreira, I Franke, D Grossman, P Hernandez, SK Herzog, C Josse, G Navarro, V Pacheco, BA Stein, M Timaná, A Tovar, C Tovar, J Vargas and CM Zambrana-Torrelio, Plant and animal endemism in the eastern Andean slope: challenges to conservation.,
BMC Ecol, vol. 12
pp. 1 , [doi] [abs].
- JJ Swenson, CE Carter, JC Domec and CI Delgado, Gold mining in the Peruvian Amazon: global prices, deforestation, and mercury imports.,
PLoS One, vol. 6 no. 4
pp. e18875 , [doi] [abs].
- JO Sexton, T Bax, P Siqueira, JJ Swenson and S Hensley, A comparison of lidar, radar, and field measurements of canopy height in pine and hardwood forests of southeastern North America,
Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 257 no. 3
pp. 1136-1147 , [doi] [abs] [author's comments].
- LP Olander, HK Gibbs, M Steininger, JJ Swenson and BC Murray, Reference scenarios for deforestation and forest degradation in support of REDD: A review of data and methods,
Environmental Research Letters, vol. 3 no. 2
(2008) [doi] [abs].
- PA Hernandez, I Franke, SK Herzog, V Pacheco, L Paniagua, HL Quintana, A Soto, JJ Swenson, C Tovar, TH Valqui, J Vargas and BE Young, Predicting species distributions in poorly-studied landscapes,
Biodiversity and Conservation, vol. 17 no. 6
pp. 1353-1366 [doi] [abs] [author's comments].
- JJ Swenson and RH Waring, Modelled photosynthesis predicts woody plant richness at three geographic scales across the north-western United States,
Global Ecology and Biogeography, vol. 15 no. 5
pp. 470-485 [doi] [abs].
- JJ Swenson, RH Waring, W Fan and N Coops, Predicting site index with a physiologically based growth model across Oregon, USA,
Canadian Journal of Forest Research, vol. 35 no. 7
pp. 1697-1707 [doi] [abs].
- A Hansen, R Waring, L Phillips, J Swenson and C Loehle, Using biophysical factors to predict regional biodiversity potential in the pacific and inland northwest,
NCASI Technical Bulletin no. 907
- RJ Alig, DJ Lewis and JJ Swenson, Is forest fragmentation driven by the spatial configuration of land quality? The case of western Oregon,
Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 217 no. 2-3
pp. 266-274 [doi] [abs].
- JJ Swenson, RH Waring, N Coops and W Fan, Estimation of forest productivity across the Pacific and Inland Northwest with a physiologically based process model, 3-PG.,
Canadian Journal of Forest Research no. 35
pp. 1697-1707 .
- BJ Butler, JJ Swenson and RJ Alig, Forest fragmentation in the Pacific Northwest: Quantification and correlations,
Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 189 no. 1-3
pp. 363-373 [doi] [abs].
- JJ Swenson and J Franklin, The effects of future urban development on habitat fragmentation in the Santa Monica Mountains,
Landscape Ecology, vol. 15 no. 8
pp. 713-730 [doi] [abs].
- Chiriboga, D.S., Swenson, J.J., Rodriguez, F., A experiência de uma organização de conservação com o manejo de sistemas de informações geográficas no Equador.,
in Geo-information and Environmental Monitoring in Latin America, edited by Moran E. & Batistella (eds.)
pp. 197-214, Editora Senac: São Paulo, Brazil. [author's comments].
Contact Jennifer J. Swenson
Durham, NC 27708