Jennifer J. Swenson
- Schwantes, AM; Swenson, JJ; Jackson, RB, Quantifying drought-induced tree mortality in the open canopy woodlands of central Texas,
Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 181
pp. 54-64 [doi] .
- González-Roglich, M; Swenson, JJ, Tree cover and carbon mapping of Argentine savannas: Scaling from field to region,
Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 172
pp. 139-147 [doi] .
- SCHAFFER-SMITH, DANICA; SWENSON, JENNIFERJ; BÓVEDA-PENALBA, ANTONIOJ, Rapid conservation assessment for endangered species using habitat connectivity models,
Environmental conservation, vol. 43 no. 03
pp. 1-10 [doi] .
- González-Roglich, M; Swenson, JJ; Villarreal, D; Jobbágy, EG; Jackson, RB, Woody Plant-Cover Dynamics in Argentine Savannas from the 1880s to 2000s: The Interplay of Encroachment and Agriculture Conversion at Varying Scales,
Ecosystems, vol. 18 no. 3
pp. 481-492 [doi] .
- McDowell, NG; Coops, NC; Beck, PS; Chambers, JQ; Gangodagamage, C; Hicke, JA; Huang, CY; Kennedy, R; Krofcheck, DJ; Litvak, M; Meddens, AJ; Muss, J; Negrón-Juarez, R; Peng, C; Schwantes, AM; Swenson, JJ; Vernon, LJ; Williams, AP; Xu, C; Zhao, M; Running, SW; Allen, CD, Global satellite monitoring of climate-induced vegetation disturbances.,
Trends in Plant Science, vol. 20 no. 2
pp. 114-123 [doi] [abs].
- González-Roglich, M; Swenson, JJ; Jobbágy, EG; Jackson, RB, Shifting carbon pools along a plant cover gradient in woody encroached savannas of central Argentina,
Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 331
pp. 71-78 [doi] .
- Riegel, JB; Bernhardt, E; Swenson, J, Estimating Above-Ground Carbon Biomass in a Newly Restored Coastal Plain Wetland Using Remote Sensing,
PloS one, vol. 8 no. 6
(May, 2013) [doi] [abs].
- Swenson, JJ; Young, BE; Beck, S; Comer, P; Córdova, JH; Dyson, J; Embert, D; Encarnación, F; Ferreira, W; Franke, I; Grossman, D; Hernandez, P; Herzog, SK; Josse, C; Navarro, G; Pacheco, V; Stein, BA; Timaná, M; Tovar, A; Tovar, C; Vargas, J; Zambrana-Torrelio, CM, Plant and animal endemism in the eastern Andean slope: challenges to conservation.,
BMC Ecology, vol. 12
pp. 1 , [doi] [abs].
- Smart, L., Swenson, J.J., Christensen, N., Sexton, J.O., Vertical and spatial patterns of canopy structure in SE Pines: LiDAR applications for wildlife habitat.,
For Ecol Manage, vol. 281
pp. 100–110 [S0378112712003490] [abs].
- Smart, LS; Swenson, JJ; Christensen, NL; Sexton, JO, Three-dimensional characterization of pine forest type and red-cockaded woodpecker habitat by small-footprint, discrete-return lidar,
Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 281
pp. 100-110 [doi] [abs].
- Domec, JC; Sun, G; Noormets, A; Gavazzi, MJ; Treasure, EA; Cohen, E; Swenson, JJ; McNulty, SG; King, JS, A comparison of three methods to estimate evapotranspiration in two contrasting loblolly pine plantations: Age-related changes in water use and drought sensitivity of evapotranspiration components,
Forest Science, vol. 58 no. 5
pp. 497-512 [repository], [doi] [abs].
- Swenson, JJ; Carter, CE; Domec, JC; Delgado, CI, Gold mining in the Peruvian Amazon: global prices, deforestation, and mercury imports.,
PloS one, vol. 6 no. 4
pp. e18875 , [doi] [abs].
- Sexton, JO; Bax, T; Siqueira, P; Swenson, JJ; Hensley, S, A comparison of lidar, radar, and field measurements of canopy height in pine and hardwood forests of southeastern North America,
Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 257 no. 3
pp. 1136-1147 , [doi] [abs] [author's comments].
- Olander, LP; Gibbs, HK; Steininger, M; Swenson, JJ; Murray, BC, Reference scenarios for deforestation and forest degradation in support of REDD: A review of data and methods,
Environmental Research Letters, vol. 3 no. 2
pp. 025011-025011 [doi] [abs].
- Hernandez, PA; Franke, I; Herzog, SK; Pacheco, V; Paniagua, L; Quintana, HL; Soto, A; Swenson, JJ; Tovar, C; Valqui, TH; Vargas, J; Young, BE, Predicting species distributions in poorly-studied landscapes,
Biodiversity and Conservation, vol. 17 no. 6
pp. 1353-1366 [doi] [abs] [author's comments].
- Swenson, JJ; Waring, RH, Modelled photosynthesis predicts woody plant richness at three geographic scales across the north-western United States,
Global Ecology, vol. 15 no. 5
pp. 470-485 [doi] [abs].
- Swenson, JJ; Waring, RH; Fan, W; Coops, N, Predicting site index with a physiologically based growth model across Oregon, USA,
Canadian Journal of Forest Research, vol. 35 no. 7
pp. 1697-1707 [doi] [abs].
- Hansen, A; Waring, R; Phillips, L; Swenson, J; Loehle, C, Using biophysical factors to predict regional biodiversity potential in the pacific and inland northwest,
Nat Counc Paper Ind Air Stream Impr Inc, Tech Bull 39 no. 907
- Alig, RJ; Lewis, DJ; Swenson, JJ, Is forest fragmentation driven by the spatial configuration of land quality? The case of western Oregon,
Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 217 no. 2-3
pp. 266-274 [doi] [abs].
- Swenson, JJ; Waring, RH; Coops, N; Fan, W, Estimation of forest productivity across the Pacific and Inland Northwest with a physiologically based process model, 3-PG.,
Canadian Journal of Forest Research no. 35
pp. 1697-1707 .
- Butler, BJ; Swenson, JJ; Alig, RJ, Forest fragmentation in the Pacific Northwest: Quantification and correlations,
Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 189 no. 1-3
pp. 363-373 [doi] [abs].
- Swenson, JJ; Franklin, J, The effects of future urban development on habitat fragmentation in the Santa Monica Mountains,
Landscape Ecology, vol. 15 no. 8
pp. 713-730 [doi] [abs].
- Chiriboga, D.S., Swenson, J.J., Rodriguez, F., A experiência de uma organização de conservação com o manejo de sistemas de informações geográficas no Equador.,
in Geo-information and Environmental Monitoring in Latin America, edited by Moran E. & Batistella (eds.)
pp. 197-214, Editora Senac: São Paulo, Brazil. [author's comments].
Contact Jennifer J. Swenson
Durham, NC 27708