Jennifer J. Swenson
- Riegel, B, Bernhard, E., Swenson, J.J., Estimating above-ground carbon biomass in a newly restored coastal plain wetland using remote sensing,
(May, 2013) [abs].
- Swenson, J.J., B.E. Young, et al., Plant and animal endemism in the eastern Andean slope: Challenges to conservation,
- Smart, L., Swenson, J.J., Christensen, N., Sexton, J.O., Vertical and spatial patterns of canopy structure in SE Pines: LiDAR applications for wildlife habitat.,
For Ecol Manage, vol. 281
pp. 100–110 [S0378112712003490] [abs].
- Domec, J.C., G Sun, A. Noormets, M. Gavazzi, E.Treasure, E. Cohen, J.J. Swenson, S. McNulty, J. King, Water flux components and their responses to drought in two intensively managed coastal plain loblolly pine forests: method comparisons,
Forest Science, vol. 58
pp. 497-512 .
- Swenson, JJ, Carter, C., Domec, JC, Delgado, C., Gold Mining in the Peruvian Amazon: Global Prices, Deforestation, and Mercury Imports,
(2011) [info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0018875] [abs].
- J.O. Sexton, Bax, T., P. Siqueira, J.J. Swenson, S. Hensley, A comparison of LiDAR, radar, and field measurements for estimating canopy height in pine and hardwood forests of southeastern North America,
For Ecol Manage, vol. 257
pp. 1136-1147  [abs] [author's comments].
- Olander, L., Gibbs, H., Steininger, M. Swenson. J., Murray, B., Reference scenarios for deforestation and forest degradation in support of REDD: a review of data and methods,
Environmental Research Letters, vol. 3 no. 025011
- Hernandez, P.A., Franke, I., Herzog, S.K., Pacheco, V., Paniagua, L., Quintana, H.L., Soto H., A., Swenson, J.J. Tovar, C., Valqui, T. H., Vargas M., J. and Young, B.E., Predicting species distributions in poorly-studied landscapes.,
Biodiversity and Conservation, vol. 17 no. 6
pp. 1353-1366 [abs] [author's comments].
- Swenson, J.J. and R.H. Waring, Modeled photosynthesis predicts woody plant richness at three geographic scales across northwestern USA.,
Global Ecology and Biogeography, vol. 15 no. 6
pp. 470-485 .
- Swenson, J.J., R.H. Waring, N. Coops and W. Fan, Estimation of forest productivity across the Pacific and Inland Northwest with a physiologically based process model, 3-PG.,
Canadian Journal of Forest Research no. 35
pp. 1697-1707 .
- Alig, R., Lewis, D.J., and Swenson, J.J., Is forest fragmentation driven by the spatial configuration of land quality? The case of western Oregon,
Forest Ecology and Management no. 217
pp. 266-274 .
- Butler, B.J., J.J. Swenson, and R. Alig, Forest Fragmentation in the Pacific Northwest: Quantification and Correlations,
Forest Ecology and Management no. 189
pp. 363-373 .
- Swenson, J.J. and J.F. Franklin, The effects of future urban development on habitat fragmentation in the Santa Monica Mountains,
Landscape Ecology, vol. 15 no. 8
pp. 713-730 .
- Chiriboga, D.S., Swenson, J.J., Rodriguez, F., A experiência de uma organização de conservação com o manejo de sistemas de informações geográficas no Equador.,
in Geo-information and Environmental Monitoring in Latin America, edited by Moran E. & Batistella (eds.)
pp. 197-214, Editora Senac: São Paulo, Brazil. [author's comments].
Contact Jennifer J. Swenson
Durham, NC 27708