Associate Professor of History
Teaching (Spring 2020):
- Contact Info
- Location: 226 Carr Building
- Office Phone: 919-668-1625
- Office Fax: (919) 684-2832
- Email Address:
- Mailing Address: Box 90719, 226 Carr Building (East Campus)
114 Campus Drive
Durham, NC 27708
- HISTORY 790S-04.01, NORTH AMERICAN HISTORY (TOP)
- West Duke 108A, M 01:25 PM-03:55 PM
- M.A., Purdue University
- Ph.D., Purdue University, 1994
- B.A., Hampton University
U.S. History, Slavery, Emancipation and Civil War, Southern Women
- Recent Publications
- Glymph, T, "I'm a Radical Girl:" Black Women Unionists and the Politics of Civil War History,” Journal of the Civil War Era 8.3 (September 2018): 359-87.,
Journal of the Civil War Era 8.3 (September 2018): 359 87., vol. 8 no. 3
pp. 359-387, University of North Carolina Press .
- Glymph, T, “Invisible disabilities”: Black women in war and in freedom,
Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society, vol. 160 no. 3
pp. 237-246 .
- Glymph, T, “‘Invisible Disabilities’": Black Women in War and in Freedom,” Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society 160 (September 2016): 237-53.,
Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society, vol. 160
pp. 237-253, The American Philosophical Society .
- Glymph, T, A new world of women and a new language,
Frontiers: a Journal of Women Studies, vol. 36 no. 1
pp. 21-26, University of Nebraska Press [doi] .
- Glymph, T, Telling slavery: Archives of life and death, surveillance and control,
The William and Mary Quarterly, vol. 72 no. 4
pp. 680-685, The William and Mary Quarterly [doi] .