Donald H. Taylor
Office Location: 112 Rubenstein Hall
Office Phone: (919) 613-9357
Office Fax: (919) 684-6246
Web Page: http://theincidentaleconomist.com/
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1995
- M.P.P., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- B.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1990
- B.S.P.H. with honors, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C., 1990
- Research Interests: Hospice and Palliative Care, Long Term Care, Health Policy and Comparative Health Systems
- DH Taylor, Balancing the Budget is a Progressive Priority,
(2012) [978-1-4614-3663-8] [abs].
- DH Taylor, J Ostermann, CH Van Houtven, JA Tulsky and K Steinhauser, What length of hospice use maximizes reduction in medical expenditures near death in the US Medicare program?,
Soc Sci Med, vol. 65 no. 7
pp. 1466-1478 , [doi] [abs].
- DH Taylor, RM Cook-Deegan, S Hiraki, JS Roberts, DG Blazer and RC Green, Genetic testing for Alzheimer's and long-term care insurance.,
Health Aff (Millwood), vol. 29 no. 1
pp. 102-108 , [doi] [abs].
- Frank A. Sloan, Jan Ostermann, Gabriel Picone, Christopher J. Conover, and Donald H. Taylor, Jr., The Price of Smoking
(2004), MIT Press .
- DH Taylor and H Hoenig, The effect of equipment usage and residual task difficulty on use of personal assistance, days in bed, and nursing home placement.,
J Am Geriatr Soc, vol. 52 no. 1
pp. 72-79  [abs].
- DH Taylor, J Rattliff, PM Doraiswamy and FA Sloan, Marked Increase in the Diagnosed Prevalence of Alzheimer's Disease between 1991 and 1999 in the United States.,
Journal of Gerontology: Medical Sciences, vol. 59
pp. M762-M766. .