Donald H. Taylor
Office Location: 112 Rubenstein Hall
Office Phone: (919) 613-9357
Office Fax: (919) 684-6246
Web Page: http://theincidentaleconomist.com/
- PhD, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1995
- M.P.A., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C., 1992
- B.S.P.H. with honors, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C., 1990
- Research Interests: Hospice and Palliative Care, Long Term Care, Health Policy and Comparative Health Systems
- D.H. Taylor, Balancing the Budget is a Progressive Priority
(2012) [978-1-4614-3663-8] [abs].
- D.H. Taylor, J. Ostermann, C.H. Van Houtwen, J. Tulsky, K. Steinhauser,, What length of hospice use maximizes reduction in medical expenditures near death in the U.S. Medicare program?,
Social Science and Medicine, vol. 66
pp. 1466-1478 [pdf] .
- D.H. Taylor, Jr., RM Cook-Deegan, S. Hiraki, JS Roberts, DG Blazer, RC Green, Genetic Testing for Alzheimer's and Long-Term Care Insurance,
Health Affairs, vol. 29 no. 1
pp. 102-108 .
- Frank A. Sloan, Jan Ostermann, Gabriel Picone, Christopher J. Conover, and Donald H. Taylor, Jr., The Price of Smoking
(2004), MIT Press .
- D.H. Taylor, Helen Hoenig, The Effect of Equipment Usage and Residual Task Difficulty on Use of Personal Assistance, Days in Bed and Nursing Home Placement.,
The Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, vol. 52 no. 1
pp. 72-79 .
- D.H. Taylor, John Rattliff, P. Murali Doraiswamy, Frank A. Sloan, Marked Increase in the Diagnosed Prevalence of Alzheimer's Disease between 1991 and 1999 in the United States.,
Journal of Gerontology: Medical Sciences, vol. 59
pp. M762-M766. .