Donald H. Taylor
Office Location: 112 Rubenstein Hall
Office Phone: (919) 613-9357
Office Fax: (919) 684-6246
Web Page: http://theincidentaleconomist.com/
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1995
- M.P.P., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- B.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1990
- B.S.P.H. with honors, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C., 1990
- Research Interests: Hospice and Palliative Care, Long Term Care, Health Policy and Comparative Health Systems
Teaching (Fall 2016):
- Taylor, DH, Balancing the Budget is a Progressive Priority
(2012) [978-1-4614-3663-8] [abs].
- Taylor, DH; Ostermann, J; Van Houtven, CH; Tulsky, JA; Steinhauser, K, What length of hospice use maximizes reduction in medical expenditures near death in the US Medicare program?,
Social Science & Medicine, vol. 65 no. 7
pp. 1466-1478 , [doi] [abs].
- Taylor, DH; Cook-Deegan, RM; Hiraki, S; Roberts, JS; Blazer, DG; Green, RC, Genetic testing for Alzheimer's and long-term care insurance.,
Health Affairs, vol. 29 no. 1
pp. 102-108 , [doi] [abs].
- Frank A. Sloan, Jan Ostermann, Gabriel Picone, Christopher J. Conover, and Donald H. Taylor, Jr., The Price of Smoking
(2004), MIT Press .
- Taylor, DH; Hoenig, H, The effect of equipment usage and residual task difficulty on use of personal assistance, days in bed, and nursing home placement.,
Journal of American Geriatrics Society, vol. 52 no. 1
pp. 72-79  [abs].
- Taylor, DH; Rattliff, J; Doraiswamy, PM; Sloan, FA, Marked Increase in the Diagnosed Prevalence of Alzheimer's Disease between 1991 and 1999 in the United States.,
Journal of Gerontology: Medical Sciences, vol. 59
pp. M762-M766. .
- PUBPOL 335.01, COMPAR HEALTH CARE SYS
- Sanford 07, TuTh 01:25 PM-02:40 PM
- HLTHMGMT 716.201, MGMT OF HEALTH SYSTEM & POLICY
- TBA, Tu 05:30 PM-07:30 PM
- PUBPOL 825.01, TOPICS IN HEALTH POLICY
- Sanford 05, W 04:40 PM-07:10 PM