F.M. Kirby Research Fellow and Professor of Marketing and Psychology
CCFP Faculty Fellow
- Unintended and Nonconscious Consequences of Marketing Actions
- Decision Making in Restricted Choice Environments
- PhD Marketing Columbia University - 1995
- M.B.A. Marketing and Finance The Ivey School, The University of Western Ontario - 2005
- M.Phil Marketing Columbia University - 1994
- BS Chemistry The University of Western Ontario - 1988
- Irmak, Caglar, Block, L.G. & Fitzsimons, G.J. (Accepted, November, 2005).
The Placebo Effect in Marketing: Sometimes You Just Have to Want It to Work. Journal of Marketing Research, 42. (in press).
- Tavassoli, N.T. & Fitzsimons, G.J. (Submitted, 2005). Stability of Spoken and Typed Attitudes.
- Zemack-Rugar, Y., Bettman, J.R. & Fitzsimons, G.J. (Submitted, 2005). Effects of Nonconscious Emotion on Self-Control.
- Zemack-Rugar, Y, Fitzsimons, G.J. & Lehmann, D.R. (Submitted, 2005). You're Not the Boss of Me: Reactance-Induced Backlash to Persuasion Attempts.
- Fitzsimons, G.J., Nunes, J. & Williams, P. (Accepted, 2005). License to Sin: The Liberating Role of Reporting Expectations. Journal of Consumer Research. (conditionally accepted).
- School Psychology Speaker Series, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC., 29 August 2005
- Marketing Speaker Series, University of South Carolina, 29 August 2005
- Marketing Camp, Washington State University, 29 August 2005
- Marketing Speaker Series, University of California - Berkeley, 29 August 2005
- Marketing Speaker Series, University of Chicago, 29 August 2005
- Curriculum Vitae
Office: Fuqua School of Business
Phone: (919) 660-7793
Fax: (919) 681-6245
Duke Box 90120, Durham, NC 27708-0120