Research Professor, Sanford School of Public Policy, and Faculty Affiliate, Center for Child and Family Policy
Jennifer Lansford's research focuses on the development of aggression and other behavior problems in youth, with an emphasis on how family and peer contexts contribute to or protect against these outcomes. She examines how experiences with parents (e.g., physical abuse, discipline, divorce) and peers (e.g., rejection, friendships) affect the development of children's behavior problems, how influence operates in adolescent peer groups, and how cultural contexts moderate links between parents' discipline strategies and children's behavior problems.
Her work at the Center includes the projects Childhood Risk Factors and Young Adult Competence, funded by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development; Intergenerational Transmission of Treatment Effects; and Optimizing Prevention of Costly Adult Outcomes.
Youth Violence Prevention, Peer Influence, Parenting
- Ph.D. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor - 2000
- M.A. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor - 1997
- B.A. Duke University - 1995
Recent Publications (More Publications)
- Lansford, JE; Odgers, CL; Bradley, RH; Godwin, J; Copeland, WE; Rothenberg, WA; Dodge, KA (2023). The HOME-21: A revised measure of the home environment for the 21st century tested in two independent samples.. Psychol Assess, 35(1), 1-11. [doi] [abs]
- Zietz, S; Cheng, E; Lansford, JE; Deater-Deckard, K; Di Giunta, L; Dodge, KA; Gurdal, S; Liu, Q; Long, Q; Oburu, P; Pastorelli, C; Skinner, AT; Sorbring, E; Steinberg, L; Tapanya, S; Tirado, LMU; Yotanyamaneewong, S; Alampay, LP; Al-Hassan, SM; Bacchini, D; Chang, L; Bornstein, MH (2022). Positive parenting, adolescent adjustment, and quality of adolescent diet in nine countries.. Journal of Adolescence, 94(8), 1130-1141. [doi] [abs]
- Zietz, S; Lansford, JE; Liu, Q; Long, Q; Oburu, P; Pastorelli, C; Sorbring, E; Skinner, AT; Steinberg, L; Tapanya, S; Tirado, LMU; Yotanyamaneewong, S; Alampay, LP; Al-Hassan, SM; Bacchini, D; Bornstein, MH; Chang, L; Deater-Deckard, K; Di Giunta, L; Dodge, KA; Gurdal, S (2022). A Longitudinal Examination of the Family Stress Model of Economic Hardship in Seven Countries.. Children and Youth Services Review, 143, 106661. [doi] [abs]
- Lansford, JE; Godwin, J; Copeland, WE; Dodge, KA; Odgers, CL; Rothenberg, WA; Rybińska, A; Conduct Problems Prevention Research Group, (2022). Fast Track intervention effects on family formation.. J Fam Psychol. [doi] [abs]
- Alampay, LP; Godwin, J; Lansford, JE; Oburu, P; Bornstein, MH; Chang, L; Deater-Deckard, K; Rothenberg, WA; Malone, PS; Skinner, AT; Pastorelli, C; Sorbring, E; Steinberg, L; Tapanya, S; Uribe Tirado, LM; Yotanyamaneewong, S; Al-Hassan, SM; Bacchini, D; Di Giunta, L; Dodge, KA; Gurdal, S (2022). Change in Caregivers' Attitudes and Use of Corporal Punishment Following a Legal Ban: A Multi-Country Longitudinal Comparison.. Child Maltreatment, 27(4), 561-571. [doi] [abs]
Phone: (217) 722-0965
Fax: (919) 684-3731
Duke Box 90545, Durham, NC 27708-0545