Donald H. Taylor, Associate Professor of Public Policy, Sanford School; and Associate Professor of Community and Family Medicine and Nursing, Duke Medical Center
Office Location: 112 Rubenstein Hall
Office Phone: (919) 613-9357
Duke Box: 90253
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Page: http://sites.duke.edu/donaldhtaylorjr/
Areas of Expertise
- Health Policy
- Aging, Long-Term Care
- Economics of Hospice/Palliative Care
PhD, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1995
M.P.A., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C., 1992
B.S.P.H. with honors, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C., 1990
Research Categories: Hospice and Palliative Care, Long Term Care, Health Policy and Comparative Health Systems
- D.H. Taylor. Balancing the Budget is a Progressive Priority. 2012. [978-1-4614-3663-8] [abs]
- D.H. Taylor, J. Ostermann, C.H. Van Houtwen, J. Tulsky, K. Steinhauser,. "What length of hospice use maximizes reduction in medical expenditures near death in the U.S. Medicare program?." Social Science and Medicine 66 (2007): 1466-1478. [pdf]
- D.H. Taylor, Jr., RM Cook-Deegan, S. Hiraki, JS Roberts, DG Blazer, RC Green. "Genetic Testing for Alzheimer's and Long-Term Care Insurance." Health Affairs 29.1 (2010): 102-108.
- Frank A. Sloan, Jan Ostermann, Gabriel Picone, Christopher J. Conover, and Donald H. Taylor, Jr.. The Price of Smoking. MIT Press, 2004.
- D.H. Taylor, Helen Hoenig. "The Effect of Equipment Usage and Residual Task Difficulty on Use of Personal Assistance, Days in Bed and Nursing Home Placement.." The Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 52.1 (2004): 72-79.
- D.H. Taylor, John Rattliff, P. Murali Doraiswamy, Frank A. Sloan. "Marked Increase in the Diagnosed Prevalence of Alzheimer's Disease between 1991 and 1999 in the United States.." Journal of Gerontology: Medical Sciences 59 (2004): M762-M766..
Check out my new book: Balancing the Budget is a Progressive Priority out on Springer Press 2012. This title is available on Amazon, Barnes& Noble, iTunes, etc.
Current Ph.D. Students