We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
Donald H. Taylor, Professor of Sanford School of Public Policy and Fuqua School of Business and Assistant Professor of Community and Family Medicine and Associate Professor of School of Nursing and Affiliate of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society and Affiliate, Duke Global Health Institute of Duke Global Health Institute and Member of Duke Can
Office Location: 302 Towerview Rd., 112 Rubenstein Hall, Durham, NC 27708
Office Phone: (919) 613-9357
Duke Box: 90253
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Page: http://sites.duke.edu/donaldhtaylorjr/
Areas of Expertise
- Health Policy
- Aging, Long-Term Care
- Economics of Hospice/Palliative Care
Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1995
M.P.P., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
B.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1990
B.S.P.H. with honors, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C., 1990
Research Categories: Hospice and Palliative Care, Long Term Care, Health Policy and Comparative Health Systems
- Taylor, DH. Balancing the Budget is a Progressive Priority. 2012. [978-1-4614-3663-8] [abs]
- Taylor, DH; Ostermann, J; Van Houtven, CH; Tulsky, JA; Steinhauser, K. "What length of hospice use maximizes reduction in medical expenditures near death in the US Medicare program?." Social Science & Medicine 65.7 (October, 2007): 1466-1478. , [doi] [abs]
- Taylor, DH; Cook-Deegan, RM; Hiraki, S; Roberts, JS; Blazer, DG; Green, RC. "Genetic testing for Alzheimer's and long-term care insurance.." Health Affairs 29.1 (January, 2010): 102-108. , [doi] [abs]
- Frank A. Sloan, Jan Ostermann, Gabriel Picone, Christopher J. Conover, and Donald H. Taylor, Jr.. The Price of Smoking. MIT Press, 2004.
- Taylor, DH; Hoenig, H. "The effect of equipment usage and residual task difficulty on use of personal assistance, days in bed, and nursing home placement.." Journal of American Geriatrics Society 52.1 (2004): 72-79.  [abs]
- Taylor, DH; Rattliff, J; Doraiswamy, PM; Sloan, FA. "Marked Increase in the Diagnosed Prevalence of Alzheimer's Disease between 1991 and 1999 in the United States.." Journal of Gerontology: Medical Sciences 59 (2004): M762-M766..
Check out my new book: Balancing the Budget is a Progressive Priority out on Springer Press 2012. This title is available on Amazon, Barnes& Noble, iTunes, etc.
Current Ph.D. Students