We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
Dalene K. Stangl, Professor of the Practice of Statistics and Director of Undergraduate Education and Associate Chair, Department of Statistical Science
Duke Box: 90251
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Page: http://www.stat.duke.edu/~dalene
Areas of Expertise
- Health Policy
- Access to health care
- Provider Decision Making
Ph.D., Carnegie Mellon University, 1991
M.A., Carnegie Mellon University, 1988
M.A., University of Iowa, 1980
B.S., Iowa State University, 1978
Research Categories: Bayesian Statistical Methods, Statistical Applications in Health-related Research, Statistics Education
Research Description: Bayesian statistical methods and decision-making; applications in health, policy and the social sciences
- NL Schramm-Sapyta, MC Cauley, DK Stangl, S Glowacz, KA Stepp, ED Levin and CM Kuhn. "Role of individual and developmental differences in voluntary cocaine intake in rats.." Psychopharmacology (Berl) 215.3 (June, 2011): 493-504. , [doi] [abs]
- Stangl, D.K.. "A Review of Bayesian Approaches to Clinical Trials and Health Care Evaluations." Journal of the American Statistical Association (2009).
- D.K. Stangl. "A Review of Uncertain Judgements: Eliciting Experts' Probabilities." Journal of the American Statistical Association (2008).
- Stangl, D.K.. "A Review of Introductory Applied Biostatistics." The American Statistician (2008).
- Stangl, D.K.. "A Review of Encyclopedia of Statistics in the Behavioral Sciences." Journal of the American Statistical Association (2008).
Current Ph.D. Students
- Laura Gunn
- Sining Chen
- Stephen Ponisciak
- Viridiana Lourdes
- Lurdes Inoue
- Raquel Prado
- Claudia Tebaldi
- Melissa Smith
- Erik Moledor
- Alyson Wilson
- Chenchang Li
- Jiang Qian
- Ram Gopolan
- Zhenging Lin