Dalene K. Stangl, Professor of the Practice of Statistics and Director of Undergraduate Education and Associate Chair, Department of Statistical Science
Duke Box: 90251
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Page: http://www.stat.duke.edu/~dalene
Areas of Expertise
- Health Policy
- Access to health care
- Provider Decision Making
PhD, Carnegie Mellon University, 1991
M.A., University of Iowa, Iowa City, 1980
BS, Iowa State University, Ames, 1978
Research Categories: Bayesian Statistical Methods, Statistical Applications in Health-related Research, Statistics Education
Research Description: Bayesian statistical methods and decision-making; applications in health, policy and the social sciences
Teaching (Summer1 2013):
- Sta 501s.01, Teaching ap statistics
- Old chem 025, MTuWTh 11:30 AM-01:00 PM
- Stangl, D.K.. "A Review of Bayesian Approaches to Clinical Trials and Health Care Evaluations." Journal of the American Statistical Association (2009).
- Stangl, D.K.. "Using CHANCE to Engage Undergraduates in the Study of Statistics." Chance Winter (2008).
- Stangl, D.K.. "A Review of Encyclopedia of Statistics in the Behavioral Sciences." Journal of the American Statistical Association (2008).
- Stangl, D.K.. "A Review of Introductory Applied Biostatistics." The American Statistician (2008).
- D.K. Stangl. "A Review of Uncertain Judgements: Eliciting Experts' Probabilities." Journal of the American Statistical Association (2008).