Dalene K. Stangl, Professor of the Practice of Statistics and Director of Undergraduate Education and Associate Chair, Department of Statistical Science
Duke Box: 90251
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Page: http://www.stat.duke.edu/~dalene
Areas of Expertise
- Health Policy
- Access to health care
- Provider Decision Making
PhD, Carnegie Mellon University, 1991
M.A., University of Iowa, Iowa City, 1980
BS, Iowa State University, Ames, 1978
Research Categories: Bayesian Statistical Methods, Statistical Applications in Health-related Research, Statistics Education
Research Description: Bayesian statistical methods and decision-making; applications in health, policy and the social sciences
Teaching (Fall 2013):
- Sta 101-1.01, Statistics (bass connections)
- Perkins 2-065, MW 03:05 PM-04:20 PM
- Sta 101-1.07l, Statistics (bass connections)
- Old chem 101, Th 11:45 AM-01:00 PM
- Sta 101-1.08l, Statistics (bass connections)
- Old chem 101, Th 01:25 PM-02:40 PM
- Stangl, D.K.. "A Review of Bayesian Approaches to Clinical Trials and Health Care Evaluations." Journal of the American Statistical Association (2009).
- Stangl, D.K.. "Using CHANCE to Engage Undergraduates in the Study of Statistics." Chance Winter (2008).
- Stangl, D.K.. "A Review of Encyclopedia of Statistics in the Behavioral Sciences." Journal of the American Statistical Association (2008).
- Stangl, D.K.. "A Review of Introductory Applied Biostatistics." The American Statistician (2008).
- D.K. Stangl. "A Review of Uncertain Judgements: Eliciting Experts' Probabilities." Journal of the American Statistical Association (2008).