We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
Dalene K. Stangl, Professor of the Practice and Sanford School of Public Policy
Duke Box: 90251
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Page: http://www.stat.duke.edu/~dalene
Areas of Expertise
- Health Policy
- Access to health care
- Provider Decision Making
Ph.D., Carnegie Mellon University, 1991
M.A., Carnegie Mellon University, 1988
M.A., University of Iowa, 1980
B.S., Iowa State University, 1978
Research Categories: Bayesian Statistical Methods, Statistical Applications in Health-related Research, Statistics Education
Research Description: Bayesian statistical methods and decision-making; applications in health, policy and the social sciences
- NL Schramm-Sapyta, MC Cauley, DK Stangl, S Glowacz, KA Stepp, ED Levin and CM Kuhn. "Role of individual and developmental differences in voluntary cocaine intake in rats.." Psychopharmacology (Berl) 215.3 (June, 2011): 493-504. , [doi] [abs]
- DK Stangl. "A Review of Bayesian Approaches to Clinical Trials and Health Care Evaluations." Journal of the American Statistical Association (2009).
- DK Stangl. "A Review of Uncertain Judgements: Eliciting Experts' Probabilities." Journal of the American Statistical Association (2008).
- DK Stangl. "A Review of Introductory Applied Biostatistics." The American Statistician (2008).
- DK Stangl. "A Review of Encyclopedia of Statistics in the Behavioral Sciences." Journal of the American Statistical Association (2008).
Current Ph.D. Students
- Laura Gunn
- Sining Chen
- Stephen Ponisciak
- Viridiana Lourdes
- Lurdes Inoue
- Raquel Prado
- Claudia Tebaldi
- Melissa Smith
- Erik Moledor
- Alyson Wilson
- Chenchang Li
- Jiang Qian
- Ram Gopolan
- Zhenging Lin