We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
Elizabeth Snyder-Fickler, Research Scientist, Center for Child and Family Policy
Office Location: 2024 W Main St C220
Office Phone: (919) 668-3288
Duke Box: 90539
Email Address: email@example.com
Areas of Expertise
Ph.D., University of Louisville, 2004
Research Categories: Program Evaluation, Education, Child Maltreatment, Child and Youth Mental Health
Research Description: Liz Snyder is trained as an experimental psychologist, with a focus on cognitive development. Since joining the Center in 2006, her work has focused on evaluating program, practice, and service effectiveness for at-risk children and families. Her projects include:
- The evaluation of a comprehensive family assessment process to improve child welfare outcomes in Alamance County;
- A SAMHSA child mental health initiative serving transition age youth (16-21) in Durham, North Carolina;
- The evaluation of the East Durham Children’s Initiative, which seeks to transform outcomes for children who reside in a 120-block area east of downtown Durham, NC; and
- The evaluation of a system of care infrastructure grant awarded to the North Carolina Division of Social Services.
Prior to coming to the Center, she was a post-doctoral fellow at the Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. During that time her research and training experiences involved both the Carolina Interdisciplinary Large-Scale Policy Research Training and the National Early Intervention Longitudinal Study.
- Snyder, E., Lawrence, C.N., Weatherholt, T., Rosanbalm, M.K., & Rabiner, D.. "The East Durham Children's Initiative: Year two evaluation." December, 2013
- Snyder, E.,Lawrence, C.N., Rosanbalm, M.K., & Nagy, P.. "Comprehensive Family Assessment: The impact of motivational interviewing and coaching on child welfare outcomes." Children and Youth Services Review (Submitted, December, 2013).
- Snyder, E., Rosanbalm, M.K., & Weatherholt, T.. "Comprehensive Family Assessment final report: A process, practice and outcome evaluation." September, 2013
- Lawrence, C.N. & Snyder, E.. "BECOMING Evaluation Report: Year One Implementation." July, 2013
- Lawrence, C.N. & Snyder, E.. "BECOMING Blueprinting and Learning Process Summary Report." January, 2013