Fernando R. Fernholz, Associate Professor of the Practice of Public Policy, Duke Center for International Development
Office Location: 276 Rubenstein Hall
Office Phone: (919) 613-9237
Duke Box: 90237
Email Address: email@example.com
Areas of Expertise
- Applied Economics
- International Development
- Macroeconomic Management and Policy
- Trade and Debt Policy
- Public Finance, International Finance
PhD, Boston University, 2000
Master of Public Administration, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, 1985
Master of Science, Dipl.Ing. Bauingenieurwesen (Civil Engineering), Rheinisch Wesfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen, Germany, 1974
Research Categories: International Development Policy, Public Finance, Economic Growth and Development, Debt, Program and Project Appraisal, Privatization and Regulation
Research Description: Research: Public finance; international economics; applied macroeconomics; trade, external debt and finance; public enterprises; economic development; investment appraisal and risk analysis
Teaching (Spring 2014):
- Pubpol 790.13, Special topics in idp
- Rubenstein 151, TuTh 11:45 AM-01:00 PM
- F.R. Fernholz. "Chapter 24, (MulticriteriaAnalysis).." Capital Budgeting Valuation.Financial Analysis for Today’s Investment Projects..
Ed. H. Kent Baker, Philip English, Editors, 2011John Wiley & Sons, Inc., June, 2011 [abs]
- F.R. Fernholz. "Enhancing the Government of Jamaica’s System for Prioritizing Public Investment Projects." (Submitted, January 20, 2009). [abs]
- F.R. Fernholz Co Author. "Technical Paper for World Hunger Series 2007: Hunger and Health." World Hunger Series 2007: Hunger and Health (Spring, 2008).
- F.R. Fernholz, Co-Author. “School Feeding Programs in Latin America: A Review of WFP Interventions in Ecuador, Honduras and Bolivia”..
Edited by World Food Program. June 2005..
- F.R. Fernholz. "Case Study: Risk Assessment of Infectious Disease Intervention in Latin America." Plan International. (February 2008).