We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
Frank A. Sloan, J. Alexander McMahon Professor of Health Policy and Management and Professor of Economics
Office Location: 236 Social Sciences Building
Office Phone: (919) 613-9358
Email Address: email@example.com
Areas of Expertise
- Health Policy
- Aging, Long-Term Care
Ph.D., Harvard University, 1969
A.B. (high honors in Economics), Oberlin College, Oberlin, Ohio, 1964
Research Description: Research: Health economics; health policy; addiction research; medical malpractice; aging research
Teaching (Fall 2015):
- Econ 756.01, Graduate health economics i
- Social sciences 111, W 06:15 PM-08:45 PM
- F.A. Sloan with L. Chepke. Medical Malpractice. MIT Press, 2008.
- F.A. Sloan, co-edited with H. Kasper. Incentives and Choice in Health Care. MIT Press, 2008.
- F.A. Sloan, co-edited with Hellen Gellband. Cancer Control Opportunities in Low- and Middle-Income Countries. Washington: The National Academies Press, 2007.
- F.A. Sloan with J. Ostermann, G. Picone, C. Conover, and D.H. Taylor, Jr.. The Price of Smoking. MIT Press, 2004.
- F.A. Sloan with V.K. Smith and D.H. Taylor, Jr.. The Smoking Puzzle: Information, Risk Perception, and Choice. Harvard University Press, 2003. (Awarded Honorable Mention, Research
Communication Award, July 2004 by the
American Agricultural Economics Association)
- F.A. Sloan with Stout, E., Whetten-Goldstein, K., and Liang, L.. Drinkers, Drivers, and Bartenders: Balancing Private Choices and Public Accountability. University of Chicago Press, 2000. 115-42 pp.
- Valuing Health Care: Costs, Benefits, and Effectiveness of Pharmaceuticals and Other Medical Technologies.
Edited by Frank A. Sloan. Cambridge: New York and Melbourne: Cambridge University Press, 1995. xi, 273 pp.