We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
- PJ Cook and KA Goss. The Gun Debate: What Everyone Needs to Know. manual. Oxford University Press, April, 2014. 280 pages pp. [available here] [abs]
- KA Goss. The Paradox of Gender Equality. manual. University of Michigan Press, December, 2012. 240 pages pp. [abs]
- KA Goss. The paradox of gender equality: How American women's groups gained and lost their public voice. The Paradox of Gender Equality: How American Women's Groups Gained and Lost Their Public Voice. University of Michigan Press, 2013. 1-240 pp. [available here] [abs]
- K.A. Goss. Disarmed: The Missing Movement for Gun Control in America. 2006, 2009. [available here]
- KA Goss. Disarmed: The Missing Movement for Gun Control in America. manual. Princeton University Press, 2006. [abs]
- KA Goss. "Defying the odds on gun regulation: The passage of bipartisan mental health laws across the states.." The American journal of orthopsychiatry 85.3 (May, 2015): 203-210. [doi]
- KA Goss. "Does the United States Still Need a Women's Movement? Introduction." POLITICS & GENDER 10.2 (June, 2014): 265-301. [Gateway.cgi], [doi]
- KA Goss and MT Heaney. "Organizing Women as Women: Hybridity and Grassroots Collective Action in the 21st Century,." Perspectives on Politics 8.1 (March, 2010). [DukeSpace] [abs]
- KA Goss. "Disarmed: The missing movement for gun control in America." Disarmed: The Missing Movement for Gun Control in America (2010): 1-282. [abs]
- KA Goss. "Civil society and civic engagement: Towards a multi-level theory of policy feedbacks." Journal of Civil Society 6.2 (2010): 119-143. [doi] [abs]
- KA Goss, DA Gastwirth and SG Parkash. "Research service-learning: Making the academy relevant again." Journal of Political Science Education 6.2 (2010): 117-141. [DukeSpace], [doi] [abs] [author's comments]
- KA Goss. "Never Surrender? How Women's Groups Abandoned Their Policy Niche in US Foreign Policy Debates, 1916-2000." POLITICS & GENDER 5.4 (December, 2009): 453-489. [Gateway.cgi], [doi] [abs]
- KA Goss. "Foundations of feminism: How philanthropic patrons shaped gender politics." Social Science Quarterly 88.5 (December, 2007): 1174-1191. [doi] [abs]
- KA Goss. "Policy, politics, and paradox: The institutional origins of the great American gun war." Fordham Law Review 73.2 (2004): 681-714.
- KA Goss. "Rethinking the Political Participation Paradigm: The Case of Women and Gun Control." Women and Politics 25.4 (2003): 83-118. [doi] [abs]
- KA Goss. "Volunteering and the long civic generation." Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly 28.4 (December, 1999): 378-415. [abs]
Chapters in Books
- KA Goss. "Gender Identity and the Shifting Basis of Advocacy by US Women's Groups, 1920-2000." Nonprofits and Advocacy.
Ed. RJ Pekkanen and SR Smith and Y Tsujinaka JHU Press, June, 2014: 320 pages.
- SM Jazwinski and AI Yashin. "Introduction." 2014: VII-XII.
- K.A. Goss. "Gender Identity and the Shifting Basis of U.S. Women’s Groups’ Advocacy, 1920-2000." Nonprofit Advocacy. Bokutakusha (Tokyo); Johns Hopkins (USA), Forthcoming 2012/13
- KA Goss and SL Shames. "Political Pathways to Child Care Policy: The Role of Gender in Statebuilding." Women and Politics around the World: Comparative History and Survey. ABC-CLIO, 2009
- KA Goss and T Skocpol. "Changing agendas: The impact of feminism on American politics." Gender and Social Capital.
Ed. Brenda O'Neill and Elisabeth Gidengil New York: Routledge, 2006: 323-356. [doi]
- KA Goss. "Social Capital in the Workplace." Encyclopedia of Community. Great Barrington, Mass.: Berkshire Publishing Group, 2003
- KA Goss. "Altruism." Encyclopedia of Community. Great Barrington: Mass.: Berkshire Publishing Group, 2003
- R.D. Putnam and K.A. Goss. "Introduction." Democracies in Flux: The Evolution of Social Capital in Contemporary Society. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002
- Robert D. Putnam with the assistance of K.A. Goss. "Section IV: So What?." Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community.
Ed. Robert D. Putnam New York: Simon & Schuster, 2000
- RD Putnam and KA Goss. "Section IV: So What? (With the assistance of KA Goss)." Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community.
Ed. RD Putnam New York: Simon & Schuster, 2000
- KA Goss. "Taking a Stand Against Sexism." The Compact Reader.
Ed. JE Aaron 2nd ed.New York: St. Martin’s Press, 1987 Also in Rise B. Axelrod and Charles R.
Cooper, The St. Martin's Guide to Writing,
2nd ed. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1988;
and J. Karl Nicholas and James R. Nicholl,
Effective Argument: A Writer's Guide with
Readings, 2nd ed. Boston: Allyn and Bacon,
- KA Goss. Review of The U.S. Women"s Jury Movements and Strategic Adaptation. Perspectives on Politics
- KA Goss. Review of Gendered Money: Financial Organization in Women's Movements, 1880-1933,. Journal of Women, Politics & Policy 34.3
- KA Goss. Review: Why Women Don’t Run for Office. Georgetown Public Policy Review 11.2
(Spring, 2006): 27-33.
- KA Goss. Review: Gun Violence in America: The Struggle for Control. Political Science Quarterly 117.3
(Fall, 2002): 532-533.
- KA Goss. Two years after Sandy Hook, the gun control movement has new energy. Washington Post - MonkeyCage Blog
(December, 2014). [available here]
- PJ Cook and KA Goss. In School Rampages, the Weapon Matters. CNN.com
(April 11, 2014). [available here]
- KA Goss. Turn Emotion Into Action. New York Times
(April 18, 2014). [turn-gun-violence-emotion-into-action]
- KAG interview. Up in Arms: The Political Science Behind Gun Control. Georgetown Public Policy Review
(March 25, 2013). [available here]
- KA Goss. Why We Need to Talk About Guns. Newsweek
- KA Goss. Another View: How Military Leaders Can Change the Conversation on Guns. manual
- KA Goss and D Dees. Rallying for Gun Reform. Tampa Bay Times; News & Observer (Raleigh)
- KA Goss. NRA's Vision of Genuine Monsters. CNN.com
- KA Goss. Is Tenure a Matter of Life or Death?. Chronicle Review (Chronicle of Higher Education)
(February 21, 2010).
- KA Goss. Taking Aim at the Gun Debate. Newark Star-Ledger; Atlanta Journal-Constitution; Raleigh News & Observer;
(June 14, 16, 18, 2010).
- KA Goss. Good Policy, Not Stories, Can Reduce Violence. Chronicle Review (Chronicle of Higher Education)
(May 4, 2007).
- KA Goss. A Family Affair. The Guardian (online)
(April 18, 2007).
- KA Goss. Do Personal Stories Help Shape Good Policy?. Durham Herald-Sun
(April 22, 2007).
- KA Goss. Grassroots Gun Control Effort Needed. Durham Herald-Sun
(December 3, 2006).
- KA Goss. "Keeping Arms Behind Our Backs". Newark Star-Ledger; Atlanta Journal-Constitution; Des Moines Register; Raleigh News & Observer; Pittsburgh Post-Gazette; Jackson Clarion-Ledger
(October, 2006). [stm]
- KA Goss. The Missing Movement for Gun Control. The Chronicle Review (Chronicle of Higher Education)
(October 20, 2006).
- RD Putnam and KA Goss. Picking Up the Pieces – What Bush Needs to Do Now: Restore Faith in Civic Action. Newsday
(December 17, 2000).
- RD Putnam and KA Goss. It’s About Time: Who Has Time to Enjoy Family Life, Connect with the Community or Be an Active Citizen?. San Francisco Chronicle
(September 24, 2000).
- KA Goss. "Better Together: Report of the Saguaro Seminar: Civic Engagement in America." manual Cambridge, Mass.. (December, 2000).
- KA Goss and P Cook. "A Selective Review of the Social-Contagion Literature." manual Terry Sanford Instiute Working Paper, Duke University. (1996).