We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
- Cook, PJ; Goss, KA. The Gun Debate: What Everyone Needs to Know. Oxford University Press, April, 2014. 280 pages pp. [available here] [abs]
- Goss, KA. The Paradox of Gender Equality. University of Michigan Press, December, 2012. 240 pages pp. [abs]
- Goss, KA. The paradox of gender equality: How American women's groups gained and lost their public voice. The Paradox of Gender Equality: How American Women's Groups Gained and Lost Their Public Voice. University of Michigan Press, 2013. 1-240 pp. [available here] [abs]
- K.A. Goss. Disarmed: The Missing Movement for Gun Control in America. 2006, 2009. [available here]
- Goss, KA. Disarmed: The Missing Movement for Gun Control in America. Princeton University Press, 2006. [abs]
- Goss, KA. "Defying the odds on gun regulation: The passage of bipartisan mental health laws across the states.." American Journal of Orthopsychiatry 85.3 (May, 2015): 203-210. [doi]
- Goss, KA. "Does the United States Still Need a Women's Movement? Introduction." Politics and Gender 10.2 (June, 2014): 265-301. [Gateway.cgi], [doi]
- Goss, KA. "Response to Holly McCammon’s review of The Paradox of Gender Equality: How American Women’s Groups Gained and Lost Their Public Voice." Perspectives on Politics 12.01 (March, 2014): 187-188. [doi]
- Goss, KA. "Disarmed: The missing movement for gun control in America." Disarmed: The Missing Movement for Gun Control in America (December, 2010): 1-282. [abs]
- Goss, KA; Heaney, MT. "Organizing Women as Women: Hybridity and Grassroots Collective Action in the 21st Century,." Perspectives on Politics 8.1 (March, 2010). [repository] [abs]
- Goss, KA. "Civil society and civic engagement: Towards a multi-level theory of policy feedbacks." Journal of Civil Society 6.2 (2010): 119-143. [doi] [abs]
- Goss, KA; Gastwirth, DA; Parkash, SG. "Research service-learning: Making the academy relevant again." Journal of Political Science Education 6.2 (2010): 117-141. [repository], [doi] [abs] [author's comments]
- Goss, KA. "Never Surrender? How Women's Groups Abandoned Their Policy Niche in US Foreign Policy Debates, 1916-2000." Politics and Gender 5.4 (December, 2009): 453-489. [Gateway.cgi], [doi] [abs]
- Goss, KA. "Foundations of feminism: How philanthropic patrons shaped gender politics." Social Science Quarterly 88.5 (December, 2007): 1174-1191. [doi] [abs]
- Goss, KA. "Policy, politics, and paradox: The institutional origins of the great American gun war." Fordham law review / edited by Fordham law students 73.2 (2004): 681-714.
- Goss, KA. "Rethinking the Political Participation Paradigm: The Case of Women and Gun Control." Women and Politics 25.4 (2003): 83-118. [doi] [abs]
- Goss, KA. "Volunteering and the long civic generation." Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly 28.4 (December, 1999): 378-415. [abs]
Chapters in Books
- Goss, KA. "Policy Plutocrats: How America’s Wealthy Seek to Influence Governance." July, 2016: 442-448. [doi]
- Goss, K. "Gender identity and the shifting basis of advocacy by US women’s groups, 1920–2000." Nonprofits and Advocacy: Engaging Community and Government in an Era of Retrenchment.
Ed. Pekkanen, RJ; Smith, SR; Tsujinaka, Y JHU Press, January, 2014: 170-201.
- Jazwinski, SM; Yashin, AI. "Introduction." 2014: VII-XII.
- K.A. Goss. "Gender Identity and the Shifting Basis of U.S. Women’s Groups’ Advocacy, 1920-2000." Nonprofit Advocacy. Bokutakusha (Tokyo); Johns Hopkins (USA), Forthcoming 2012/13
- Goss, KA; Shames, SL. "Political Pathways to Child Care Policy: The Role of Gender in Statebuilding." Women and Politics around the World: Comparative History and Survey. ABC-CLIO, 2009
- Goss, KA; Skocpol, T. "Changing agendas: The impact of feminism on American politics." Gender and Social Capital.
Ed. Brenda O'Neill and Elisabeth Gidengil New York: Routledge, 2006: 323-356. [doi]
- Goss, KA. "Social Capital in the Workplace." Encyclopedia of Community. Great Barrington: Mass.: Berkshire Publishing Group, 2003
- Goss, KA. "Altruism." Encyclopedia of Community. Great Barrington: Mass.: Berkshire Publishing Group, 2003
- R.D. Putnam and K.A. Goss. "Introduction." Democracies in Flux: The Evolution of Social Capital in Contemporary Society. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002
- Robert D. Putnam with the assistance of K.A. Goss. "Section IV: So What?." Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community.
Ed. Robert D. Putnam New York: Simon & Schuster, 2000
- Putnam, RD; Goss, KA. "Section IV: So What? (With the assistance of KA Goss)." Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community.
Ed. Putnam, RD New York: Simon & Schuster, 2000
- Goss, KA. "Taking a Stand Against Sexism." The Compact Reader.
Ed. Aaron, JE 2nd ed.New York: St. Martin’s Press, 1987 Also in Rise B. Axelrod and Charles R.
Cooper, The St. Martin's Guide to Writing,
2nd ed. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1988;
and J. Karl Nicholas and James R. Nicholl,
Effective Argument: A Writer's Guide with
Readings, 2nd ed. Boston: Allyn and Bacon,
- Goss, KA. Review of The U.S. Women"s Jury Movements and Strategic Adaptation. Perspectives on Politics
- Goss, KA. Review of Gendered Money: Financial Organization in Women's Movements, 1880-1933,. Journal of Women, Politics & Policy 34.3
- Goss, KA. Review: Why Women Don’t Run for Office. Georgetown Public Policy Review 11.2
(Spring, 2006): 27-33.
- Goss, KA. Review: Gun Violence in America: The Struggle for Control. Political Science Quarterly 117.3
(Fall, 2002): 532-533.
- Goss, KA. Two years after Sandy Hook, the gun control movement has new energy. Washington Post - MonkeyCage Blog
(December, 2014). [available here]
- Cook, PJ; Goss, KA. In School Rampages, the Weapon Matters. CNN.com
(April 11, 2014). [available here]
- Goss, KA. Turn Emotion Into Action. New York Times
(April 18, 2014). [turn-gun-violence-emotion-into-action]
- interview, KAG. Up in Arms: The Political Science Behind Gun Control. Georgetown Public Policy Review
(March 25, 2013). [available here]
- Goss, KA. Why We Need to Talk About Guns. Newsweek
- Goss, KA. Another View: How Military Leaders Can Change the Conversation on Guns. January, 2013
- Goss, KA; Dees, D. Rallying for Gun Reform. Tampa Bay Times; News & Observer (Raleigh)
- Goss, KA. NRA's Vision of Genuine Monsters. CNN.com
- Goss, KA. Is Tenure a Matter of Life or Death?. Chronicle Review (Chronicle of Higher Education)
(February 21, 2010).
- Goss, KA. Taking Aim at the Gun Debate. Newark Star-Ledger; Atlanta Journal-Constitution; Raleigh News & Observer;
(June 14, 16, 18, 2010).
- Goss, KA. Good Policy, Not Stories, Can Reduce Violence. Chronicle Review (Chronicle of Higher Education)
(May 4, 2007).
- Goss, KA. A Family Affair. The Guardian (online)
(April 18, 2007).
- Goss, KA. Do Personal Stories Help Shape Good Policy?. Durham Herald-Sun
(April 22, 2007).
- Goss, KA. Grassroots Gun Control Effort Needed. Durham Herald-Sun
(December 3, 2006).
- Goss, KA. "Keeping Arms Behind Our Backs". Newark Star-Ledger; Atlanta Journal-Constitution; Des Moines Register; Raleigh News & Observer; Pittsburgh Post-Gazette; Jackson Clarion-Ledger
(October, 2006). [stm]
- Goss, KA. The Missing Movement for Gun Control. The Chronicle Review (Chronicle of Higher Education)
(October 20, 2006).
- Putnam, RD; Goss, KA. Picking Up the Pieces – What Bush Needs to Do Now: Restore Faith in Civic Action. Newsday
(December 17, 2000).
- Putnam, RD; Goss, KA. It’s About Time: Who Has Time to Enjoy Family Life, Connect with the Community or Be an Active Citizen?. San Francisco Chronicle
(September 24, 2000).
- Goss, KA. "Better Together: Report of the Saguaro Seminar: Civic Engagement in America." Cambridge, Mass.. (December, 2000).
- Goss, KA; Cook, P. "A Selective Review of the Social-Contagion Literature." Terry Sanford Instiute Working Paper, Duke University. (1996).