We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
- P.J. Cook and K.A. Goss. The Gun Debate: What Everyone Needs to Know. Oxford University Press, April, 2014. [available here]
- K.A. Goss. The Paradox of Gender Equality: How American Women's Groups Gained and Lost Their Public Voice. University of Michigan Press, 2013. [available here] [abs]
- K.A. Goss. Disarmed: The Missing Movement for Gun Control in America. 2006, 2009. [available here]
- K.A. Goss. "Does the United States Still Need a Women’s Movement?." Politics & Gender 10 (2014).
- K.A. Goss, M.T. Heaney. "Organizing Women as Women: Hybridity and Grassroots Collective Action in the 21st Century,." Perspectives on Politics 8.1 (March, 2010). [K.A. Goss & M.T. Heaney, "Organizing Women as Women"] [abs]
- K.A. Goss. "Civil Society and Civic Engagement: Towards a Multi-Level Theory of Policy Feedbacks." Journal of Civil Society 6.2 (2010): 119-143.
- K.A. Goss, D. Gastwirth, S. Parkash. "Research Service Learning: Making the Academy Relevant Again." Journal of Political Science Education 6.2 (2010). [Pre-Publication Manuscript] [abs] [author's comments]
- K.A. Goss. "Never Surrender? How Women’s Groups Abandoned Their Policy Niche in U.S. Foreign Policy Debates, 1916–2000." Politics & Gender 5.4 (December, 2009): 453-489. [abs]
- K.A. Goss. "Foundations of Feminism: How Philanthropic Patrons Shaped Gender Politics." Social Science Quarterly 88.5 (December, 2007): 1174-1191.
- K.A. Goss. "Policy, Politics, and Paradox: The Institutional Origins of the Great American Gun War." Fordham Law Review 73.2 (2004): 681-714.
- K.A. Goss. "Rethinking the Political Participation Paradigm: The Case of Women & Gun Control." Women & Politics 25.4 (2003): 83-118.
- K.A. Goss. "Volunteering and the Long Civic Generation." Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly 28.4 (December, 1999): 378-415.
Chapters in Books
- K.A. Goss. "Gender Identity and the Shifting Basis of U.S. Women’s Groups’ Advocacy, 1920-2000." Nonprofit Advocacy. Bokutakusha (Tokyo); Johns Hopkins (USA), Forthcoming 2012/13
- K.A. Goss and S.L. Shames. "Political Pathways to Child Care Policy: The Role of Gender in Statebuilding." Women and Politics around the World: Comparative History and Survey. ABC-CLIO, 2009
- K.A. Goss and Theda Skocpol. "Changing Agendas: The Impact of Feminism on American Politics." Gender and Social Capital.
Ed. Brenda O'Neill and Elisabeth Gidengil New York: Routledge, 2006
- K.A. Goss. "Altruism." Encyclopedia of Community. Great Barrington: Mass.: Berkshire Publishing Group, 2003
- K.A. Goss. "Social Capital in the Workplace." Encyclopedia of Community. Great Barrington, Mass.: Berkshire Publishing Group, 2003
- R.D. Putnam and K.A. Goss. "Introduction." Democracies in Flux: The Evolution of Social Capital in Contemporary Society. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002
- Robert D. Putnam with the assistance of K.A. Goss. "Section IV: So What?." Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community.
Ed. Robert D. Putnam New York: Simon & Schuster, 2000
- K.A. Goss. "Taking a Stand Against Sexism." The Compact Reader.
Ed. Jane E. Aaron 2nd ed.New York: St. Martin's Press, 1987 Also in Rise B. Axelrod and Charles R.
Cooper, The St. Martin's Guide to Writing,
2nd ed. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1988;
and J. Karl Nicholas and James R. Nicholl,
Effective Argument: A Writer's Guide with
Readings, 2nd ed. Boston: Allyn and Bacon,
- K.A. Goss. Review of The U.S. Women’s Jury Movements and Strategic Adaptation. Perspectives on Politics
- K.A. Goss. Review of Gendered Money: Financial Organization in Women’s Movements, 1880-1933,. Journal of Women, Politics & Policy 34.3
- K.A. Goss. Why Women Don't Run for Office. Georgetown Public Policy Review 11.2
(Spring, 2006): 27-33.
- K.A. Goss. book review of Gun Violence in America: The Struggle for Control. Political Science Quarterly 117.3
(Fall, 2002): 532-533.
- K.A. Goss. Turn Emotion Into Action. New York Times
(April 18, 2014). [turn-gun-violence-emotion-into-action]
- P.J. Cook and K.A. Goss. In School Rampages, the Weapon Matters. CNN.com
(April 11, 2014). [available here]
- K.A. Goss (interview). Up in Arms: The Political Science Behind Gun Control. Georgetown Public Policy Review
(March 25, 2013). [available here]
- K.A. Goss. Another View: How Military Leaders Can Change the Conversation on Guns. January, 2013
- K.A. Goss. Why We Need to Talk About Guns. Newsweek
- K.A. Goss. NRA’s Vision of ‘Genuine Monsters. CNN.com
- K.A. Goss & D. Dees. Rallying for Gun Reform. Tampa Bay Times; News & Observer (Raleigh)
- K.A. Goss. Taking Aim at the Gun Debate. Newark Star-Ledger; Atlanta Journal-Constitution; Raleigh News & Observer;
(June 14, 16, 18, 2010).
- K.A. Goss. Is Tenure a Matter of Life or Death?. Chronicle Review (Chronicle of Higher Education)
(February 21, 2010).
- K.A. Goss. Good Policy, Not Stories, Can Reduce Violence. Chronicle Review (Chronicle of Higher Education)
(May 4, 2007).
- K.A. Goss. Do Personal Stories Help Shape Good Policy?. Durham Herald-Sun
(April 22, 2007).
- K.A. Goss. A Family Affair. The Guardian (online)
(April 18, 2007).
- K.A. Goss. Grassroots Gun Control Effort Needed. Durham Herald-Sun
(December 3, 2006).
- K.A. Goss. The Missing Movement for Gun Control. The Chronicle Review (Chronicle of Higher Education)
(October 20, 2006).
- K.A. Goss. "Keeping Arms Behind Our Backs". Newark Star-Ledger; Atlanta Journal-Constitution; Des Moines Register; Raleigh News & Observer; Pittsburgh Post-Gazette; Jackson Clarion-Ledger
(October, 2006). [stm]
- R.D. Putnam and K.A. Goss. Picking Up the Pieces -- What Bush Needs to Do Now: Restore Faith in Civic Action. Newsday
(December 17, 2000).
- R.D. Putnam and K.A. Goss. It's About Time: Who Has Time to Enjoy Family Life, Connect with the Community or Be an Active Citizen?. San Francisco Chronicle
(September 24, 2000).
- K.A. Goss. "Better Together: Report of the Saguaro Seminar: Civic Engagement in America." Cambridge, Mass.. (December, 2000).
- Philip C. Cook and K.A. Goss. "A Selective Review of the Social-Contagion Literature." Terry Sanford Instiute Working Paper, Duke University. (1996).