We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
Laura Roselle, Visiting Professor
Office Location: 139 Sanford Inst Building
Office Phone: (919) 613-7306
Duke Box: 90241
Email Address: email@example.com
Areas of Expertise
PhD, Stanford University, 1993
Typical Courses Taught:
- Pubpol 202, Policy journalism/media st
- A Miskimmon, B O'Loughlin and L Roselle. Strategic narratives: Communication power and the new world order. Routledge, January, 2014. 1-224 pp. [doi] [abs]
- L Roselle. Media and the Politics of Failure: Great Powers, Communication Strategies, and Military Defeats.. Palgrave, 2011, 2006.
- L Roselle and S Spray. Research and Writing in International Relations. Longman, 2008.
- C Gelpi, L Roselle and B Barnett. "Polarizing Patriots: Divergent Responses to Patriotic Imagery in News Coverage of Terrorism." AMERICAN BEHAVIORAL SCIENTIST 57.1 (January, 2013): 8-45. [Gateway.cgi], [doi]
- with B Barnett, A Reynolds and S Oates. "Journalism & Terrorism Across the Atlantic: A Qualitative Content Analysis of CNN and BBC Coverage of 9/11 and 7/7." Feedback 49.6 (2008): 29-43.
- with Brooke Barnett. "Patriotism in the News: ‘Rally Round the Flag." Electronic News 21.1 (2008): 1-21.