We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
Laura Roselle, Visiting Professor
Office Location: 139 Sanford Inst Building
Office Phone: (919) 613-7306
Duke Box: 90241
Email Address: email@example.com
Areas of Expertise
PhD, Stanford University, 1993
Teaching (Fall 2014):
- Pubpol 410.01, Policy journalism/media st
- Rubenstein 151, M 03:05 PM-05:35 PM
- A. Miskimmon, B. O'Loughlin, and L. Roselle,. Strategic Narratives, Communication Power and the New World Order. Routledge, 2013.
- L. Roselle. Media and the Politics of Failure: Great Powers, Communication Strategies, and Military Defeats.. Palgrave, 2011, 2006.
- L. Roselle and S. Spray. Research and Writing in International Relations. Longman, 2008.
- C. Gelpi, L. Roselle & B. Barnett. "Polarizing Patriots: Divergent Responses to Patriotic Imagery in News Coverage of Terrorism." American Behavioral Scientist 57.1 (2013): 8-45.
- with Brooke Barnett, Amy Reynolds & Sarah Oates. "Journalism & Terrorism Across the Atlantic: A Qualitative Content Analysis of CNN and BBC Coverage of 9/11 and 7/7." Feedback 49.6 (2008): 29-43.
- with Brooke Barnett. "Patriotism in the News: ‘Rally Round the Flag." Electronic News 21.1 (2008): 1-21.