We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
Michael C. Munger, Professor of Political Science and Economics and Director of Philosophy, Politics and Economics Program
Office Location: 330 Perkins Library
Office Phone: +1 919 660 4300, +1 919 660 4301
Duke Box: 90204
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Page: http://www.duke.edu/~munger/
Areas of Expertise
- American Government and Politics, Congressional Decision-making and Reform
Ph.D., Washington University, 1984
MA, Washington University, 1982
M.A., Washington University, 1981
B.A., Davidson College, 1980
Research Categories: American Politics and Methods
Ideology of racism in the antebellum south, An investigation of spatial location games using human subjects
Research Description: Research: Election strategies; campaign finance; methods and American institutions
Teaching (Fall 2015):
- Polsci 145.01, Intro to political economy
- White 107, MW 11:45 AM-01:00 PM
- Polsci 536.01, Choosing in groups
- See instru, MW 03:05 PM-04:20 PM
- Polsci 715.01, Core in political institutions
- Gross hall 111, Tu 06:15 PM-08:45 PM
- J. D. Grynaviski and M.C. Munger. "Did Southerners Favor Slavery? Inferences from an Analysis of Prices in New Orleans, 1805-1860." Public Choice (2015).
- H.G. Brennan and M.C. Munger. "â€œThe Soul of James Buchanan.â€." Independent Reivew 18.3 (Winter, 2013): 331-342.
- D. Gerard, W, Keech, and M.Munger. "The Political Economy of Sustainability (with David Gerard and William Keech)." Chapter in Introduction to Sustainable Engineering, Cliff Davidson (ed). Prentice-Hall.. January 2015
- M.C. Munger. "Kaldor-Hicks Coercion, Coasian Bargaining, and the State." Coercion and Social Welfare in Contemporary Public Policy.
Ed. Jorge Martinez and Stanley Winer Cambridge University Press, November 2014
- J. P. Couyoumdjian and M.C. Munger. "The Entrepreneurial Virtues." Philosophy of Character.
Ed. Iskra Fileva Oxford University Press, November 2014
Current Ph.D. Students