We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
Misha Angrist, Associate Professor of the Practice, SSRI; Senior Fellow, Duke Science and Society; and Visiting Associate Professor of the Practice of Public Policy
Office Location: 229 North Building
Office Phone: (919) 684-2872
Duke Box: 910141
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Page: https://fds.duke.edu/db/Sanford/faculty/misha.angrist
Areas of Expertise
- Science, Access to health care
Ph.D. Genetics, Case Western Reserve University, 1996
M.F.A., Bennington Writing Seminars, 2001
M.S. Genetic Counseling, University of Cincinnati, 1990
B.A., Indiana University at Bloomington, 1985
- Angrist, M. "Genetic privacy needs a more nuanced approach." Nature 494.7435 (2013): 7. , [doi]
- Angrist, M. "Of Helices, HIPAA, Hairballs…and Humans." The Story Within: Personal Essays on Genetics and Identity.
Ed. Boesky, A. Johns Hopkins University Press, 2013
- Katsanis, N. and Cotten, M. and Angrist, M. "Exome and genome sequencing of neonates with neurodevelopmental disorders." Future Neurol 7 (2012): 655-658.
- Angrist, M. "You never call, you never write: why return of 'omic' results to research participants is both a good idea and a moral imperative." Per Med 8.6 (2011): 651-657. , [doi] [abs]
- Angrist, M. "Only connect: personal genomics and the future of American medicine." Mol Diagn Ther 14.2 (2010): 67-72. , [doi] [abs]