Paula D. McClain, Vice Provost for Graduate Education, Dean of the Graduate School, Professor of Political Science, Law and Public Policy Studies
Office Location: 402 Perkins Library
Office Phone: (919) 681-1560
Duke Box: 90067
Email Address: email@example.com
Areas of Expertise
- Social Policy, Race/Ethnicity
PhD, Howard University, 1977
Postdoctoral Fellowship, Analysis Center, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1982
University of Michigan, Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research, 1979
University of Michigan, Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research, 1978
M.A., Howard University, 1974
B.A., Howard University, 1972
Research Description: Research: Racial minority group politics, particularly interminority political and social competition; urban politics and crime
- P.D. McClain and Joseph Stewart, Jr.. "Can We All Get Along?" Racial and Ethnic Minorities in American Politics 6th edition. (Boulder: Westview Press, 2014), 2014.
- P.D. McClain and Steven C. Tauber. American Government in Black and White, 2nd edition. (New York: Oxford University Press, 2014), 2014.
- P.D. McClain. Review Symposium, Winner-Take-All Politics: How Washington Made the Rich Richer--And Turned its Back on the Middle Class, by Jacob S. Hacker and Paul Pierson. Perspectives on Politics 9.3
(September, 2011): 651-654.
- P.D. McClain, Gerald F. Lackey, Efrén O. Peréz, Niambi M. Carter, Jessica Johnson Carew, Eugene Walton, Jr., Candis S. Watts, Monique L. Lyle and Shayla C. Nunnally.. "Intergroup Relations in Three Southern Cities.." .Just Neighbors? Research on African American and Latino Relations in the United States..
Ed. Edward Telles, Gaspar Rivera-Salgado and Sylvia Zamora, editors. Russell Sage Foundation, 2011
- James Alt, Simone Chambers, Geoffrey Garrett, Margaret Levi, Paula D. McClain. The Encyclopedia of Political Science. Washington, DC: Congressional Quarterly Press, 2010, October, 2010. (This encylclopedia consists of five volumes with a total of 1801 pages.)