We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
Rosemary M Fernholz, Senior Research Scholar and Lecturing Fellow in Public Policy, Duke Center for International Development
Office Location: 256 Rubenstein Hall
Office Phone: (919) 613-9217
Duke Box: 90237
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of Expertise
- International, International Development
Development Management, Social Policy, Indigenous Peoples
PhD, Harvard University, 1998
Teaching (Spring 2015):
- Pubpol 726.01, Innov and pol entrepreneurship
- Sanford 224, Tu 04:40 PM-07:10 PM
- Pubpol 789.04, Mini-seminars in idp
- Rubenstein 151, MW 11:45 AM-01:00 PM
- Pubpol 790.01, Special topics in idp
- Sanford 225, MW 11:45 AM-01:00 PM
- Pubpol 790.05, Special topics in idp
- Sanford 224, F 03:05 PM-05:35 PM
- R.M. Fernholz. ""Some Cross-cutting Lessons" co-author." Doing A Dam Better: The Lao People's Democratic Republic and the Story of Nam Theun 2.
Ed. I. Porter and J. Shivakumar The World Bank, 2011
- R.M. Fernholz. "From Community Action to Policy Making: Implications of Citizen Water Monitoring." (2010).
- R.M. Fernholz. "Infrastructure and Inclusive Development through 'Free, Prior and Informed Consent' of Indigenous Peoples." Physical Infrastructure Development: Balancing the Growth, Equity and Environmental Imperatives.
Ed. W. Ascher and C. Krupp Palgrave Macmillan, 2010
- R.M. Fernholz. ""Advocacy and Policy: Getting Political"; Institutions and Policy: Response and Transformation"; and Watershed Stewardship and Quality of Life" co-author." Community-Based Water Monitoring: A Practical Model for Global Watershed Stewardship.
Ed. W. Deutsch, S. Ruiz-Cordova, B. Duncan Global Water Watch Program, 2010
- R.M. Fernholz. "“Leading Change by Example and Spirit: Leadership Styles and Patterns Recognized by the Magsaysay Awards”." . Leadership for Development: What Globalization Demands of Leaders Fighting for Change.
Ed. Dennis Rondinelli and John Heffron 2009Kumarian Press, 2009