We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
Susan E. Hahn, Visiting Lecturer of Public Policy
Office Location: 595 Lasalle Street
Duke Box: 3445 Med Ctr
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of Expertise
MS, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts, 1996
BS, cum laude in Biology, George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia, 1991
Research Description: Investigating the non-traditional role of genetic counselors in research; genomic medicine application; genetic risk perception and communication; knowledge, attitudes, and awareness of the public to genetics and genomic medicine
- Hauser ER, Crossman DC, Granger CB, Haines JL, Jones CJ, Mooser V, McAdam B., Winkelmann BR, Wiseman AH, Muhlestein JB, Bartel AG, Dennis CA, Dowdy E, Estabrooks S, Eggleston K., Francis S, Roche K, Clevenger PW, Huang L, (other authors listed. "A genomewide scan for early-onset coronary artery diease in 438 families: the GENECARD Study." American Journal of Human Genetics 75.3 (2004): 436-47. (Pedersen B, Schmidt S, Haynes C, West C,
West S, Asper D, Booze M, Sharma S,
Sundseth S, Middleton
L, Roses AD, Hauser MA, Vance JM, Pericak-
Vance MA, Kraus WE)
- Estabrooks, S. "Genetic Testing." Genetics. Thomson Gale, New York, 2003: 96-101.
- Estabrooks, S. "Genetic Counselor." Genetics. Thomson Gale, New York, 2003: 91-92.
- Estabrooks, S. "Fertilization." Genetics. Thomson Gale, New York, 2003: 33-36.
- Estabrooks S, Melvin E. "Abstracts from the Twentieth Annual Conference of the National Society of Genetic Counselors (Washington, District of Columbia)." Journal of Genetic Counseling 10.6 (November, 2001): 433-526.