We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
James W. Vaupel, Research Professor and Founding Director, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research
Office Location: Bay A-105, SSRI (DuPRI) Erwin Square Mill
Duke Box: 90420
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Page: http://user.demogr.mpg.de/jwv/
Areas of Expertise
- Health Policy
- Aging, Long-Term Care
- Social Policy, Demography
PhD, Kennedy School, Harvard University, 1978
M.P.P. Policy Analysis, Harvard University, 1972
B.A. Mathematical Statistics, Harvard University, 1967
Research Description: Research: Demography of aging; mortality at advanced ages; environmental and genetic plasticity of mortality rates
- Christensen, K. and G. Doblhammer and R. Rau and J. W. Vaupel. "Ageing and health: authors' reply." Lancet 375 (2010): 26-27.
- Rebke, M. and T. Coulson and P. H. Becker and J. W. Vaupel. "Reproductive improvement and senescence in a long-lived bird." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America published online April 8.2010 (2010).
- Vaupel, J. W.. "Biodemography of human ageing." Nature 464 (2010): 536-542.
- Oksuzyan, A. and H. Maier and M. McGue and J. W. Vaupel and K. Christensen. "Sex differences in the level and rate-of-change of physical function and grip strength in the Danish 1905-cohort study." (2010).
- Gunn, David A. and H. Rexbye and C. E. M. Griffiths and P. G. Murray and A. Fereday and S. D. Catt and C. C. Tomlin and B. H. Strongitharm and D. I. Perrett and M. Catt and A. E. Mayes and A. G. Messenger and M. R. Green and F. V. D. Ouderaa and J. W. Vaupel and K. Christensen. "Why Some Women Look Young for Their Age." PLoS ONE 4.12 (2009).