We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
- P. Jones Luong and E. Weinthal. "Oil is not a Curse: Ownership Structure and Institutions in Soviet Successor States (New York: Cambridge University Press).." 2010
- E. Weinthal. "State Making and Environmental Cooperation: Linking Domestic and International Politics in Central Asia." Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2002 * Recipient of the 2003 Chadwick Alger Prize of the International Organization Section of the International Studies Association.
* Recipient of the 2003 Lynton Keith Caldwell Prize for the best book on environmental politics published in the past 3 years from the American Political Science Association
- D. Gallagher and E.S. Weinthal. "Corporate Social Responsibility: Out of the Shadows of Environmental Regulation." Paul Steinberg and Stacy Vandeveer, eds, Comparative Environmental Politics (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press) 2012.
- E. Weinthal and A. Vengosh. "Water and Conflict: Moving from the Global to the Local." R. Parker and M. Sommer, editors, Routledge Handbook of Global Public Health 2010.
- K. O’Neill, E. Weinthal, K. Marion Suiseeya, S. Bernstein, A. Cohen, M. Stone, and B. Cashore. "Methods and Global Environmental Governance." Annual Review of Environment & Resources 38 (2013): 441-471.
- P. Faeth and E.S. Weinthal. "How Access to Clean Water Prevents Conflict." Solutions 3.1 (2012): 70-76. 
- J. Sowers, A. Vengosh and E. Weinthal. "Climate Change, Water Resources, and the Politics of Adaptation in the Middle East and North Africa." Climatic Change 104.3-4 (2011): 599-627. [available here]
- N. Zawahri, J. Sowers, and E. Weinthal. "The Politics of Assessment: Water and Sanitation MDGs in the Middle East." Development & Change 42.5 (2011): 1153–1178.
- E. Weinthal, J. Troell, and M. Nakayama. "Water and Post-Conflict Peacebuilding: Introduction." Water International 36.2 (2011): 143-53.
- E. Weinthal and K. Watters. "The Transformation of Environmental Activism in Central Asia: From Dependent to Interdependent Activism." Environmental Politics 19.5 (2010): 782-807.
- S. Starobin and E. Weinthal. "The Search for Credible Information in Social and Environmental Global Governance: The Kosher Label." Business and Politics 12.3 (2010). [art8]
- K. Lawlor, E. Weinthal, and L. Olander. "Institutions and Policies to Protect Rural Livelihoods in REDD+ Regimes." Global Environmental Politics 10.4 (2010): 1-11.
- B. Hudson and E.S. Weinthal. "Seeing the Global Forest for the Trees: How US Federalism can coexist with Global Governance of Forests." Journal of Natural Resources Policy Research (2009).
- B. Daniels, E. Weinthal and B. Hudson. "Is an Exemption from U.S. Groundwater Regulations a Loophole or Noose?." Policy Sciences 41 (2008): 205-220.
- P. Jones Luong & E. Weinthal. "Rethinking the Resource Curse: Ownership Structure, Institutional Capacity, and Domestic Constraints." Annual Review of Political Science 9 (2006): 241-263.
- E. Weinthal & P. Jones Luong. "Combating the Resource Curse: An Alternative Solution to Managing Mineral Wealth." Perspectives on Politics 4.1 (2006): 35-53. [the%20Resource%20Curse.pdf]
- E. Weinthal, Y. Parag, A. Vengosh, A. Muti, & W. Kloppmann, ". "The EU Drinking Water Directive: The Boron Standard and Scientific Uncertainty." European Environment 15.1 (2005): 1-12.
- Weinthal, E., Vengosh, A. Marie, A., Gutierrez A, & Kloppmann, W.. "The Water Crisis in the Gaza Strip: Prospects for remediation." Ground Water 43 (2005): 653-660. [pdf]
- E. Weinthal. "From Environmental Peacemaking to Environmental Peacekeeping." Environmental Change and Security Project Report 10 (2004): 19-22.
- P. Jones Luong & E. Weinthal. "Contra Coercion: Russian Tax Reform, Exogenous Shocks and Negotiated Institutional Change." American Political Science Review 98.1 (2004): 139-152.
- E. Weinthal & Y. Parag. "Two Steps Forward, One Step Backward: Societal Capacity and Israel's Implementation of the Barcelona Convention and Mediterranean Action Plan." Global Environmental Politics 3.1 (2003): 51-71.
- P. Jones Luong & E. Weinthal. "New Friends, New Fears in Central Asia." Foreign Affairs (March-April, 2002).
- E. Weinthal & A. Marei. "One Resource, Two Visions: The Prospects for Israeli-Palestinian Water Cooperation." Water International 27.4 (2002).
- P. Jones Luong & E. Weinthal. "Prelude to the Resource Curse: Oil and Gas Development Strategies in Central Asia and Beyond." Comparative Political Studies 34.4 (May, 2001): 367-399.
- E. Weinthal. "Sins of Omission: Constructing Negotiating Sets in the Aral Sea Basin." Journal of Environment and Development (March, 2001).
- E. Weinthal & P. Jones Luong. "Energy Wealth and Tax Reform in Russia and Kazakhstan." Resources Policy 27.4 (2001): 215-223.