We've launched a new site so please go to People & Research for current information on our faculty and staff.
- PJ Luong and E Weinthal. "Oil Is Not a Curse: Ownership Structure and Institutions in Soviet Successor States." August, 2010 [abs]
- P. Jones Luong and E. Weinthal. "Oil is not a Curse: Ownership Structure and Institutions in Soviet Successor States (New York: Cambridge University Press).." 2010
- E. Weinthal. "State Making and Environmental Cooperation: Linking Domestic and International Politics in Central Asia." Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2002 * Recipient of the 2003 Chadwick Alger Prize of the International Organization Section of the International Studies Association.
* Recipient of the 2003 Lynton Keith Caldwell Prize for the best book on environmental politics published in the past 3 years from the American Political Science Association
- D. Gallagher and E.S. Weinthal. "Corporate Social Responsibility: Out of the Shadows of Environmental Regulation." Paul Steinberg and Stacy Vandeveer, eds, Comparative Environmental Politics (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press) 2012.
- E. Weinthal and A. Vengosh. "Water and Conflict: Moving from the Global to the Local." R. Parker and M. Sommer, editors, Routledge Handbook of Global Public Health December, 2010.
- E Weinthal, N Zawahri and J Sowers. "Securitizing Water, Climate, and Migration in Israel, Jordan, and Syria." International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics 15.3 (September, 2015): 293-307. [doi]
- MF Johnson, C Hannah, L Acton, R Popovici, KK Karanth and E Weinthal. "Network environmentalism: Citizen scientists as agents for environmental advocacy." Global Environmental Change 29 (November, 2014): 235-245. [doi]
- E Weinthal. "Oil for food: the global food crisis and the Middle East." Journal of Natural Resources Policy Research 6.4 (October, 2014): 297-298. [doi]
- T Rango, A Vengosh, M Jeuland, R Tekle-Haimanot, E Weinthal, J Kravchenko, C Paul and P McCornick. "Fluoride exposure from groundwater as reflected by urinary fluoride and children's dental fluorosis in the Main Ethiopian Rift Valley.." The Science of the total environment 496 (October, 2014): 188-197. [doi] [abs]
- K. O’Neill, E. Weinthal, K. Marion Suiseeya, S. Bernstein, A. Cohen, M. Stone, and B. Cashore. "Methods and Global Environmental Governance." ANNUAL REVIEW OF ENVIRONMENT AND RESOURCES, VOL 38 38 (2013): 441-471. [Gateway.cgi], [doi]
- DR Gallagher and E Weinthal. "Business-state relations and the environment: The evolving role of corporate social responsibility." (December, 2012): 143-170.
- P. Faeth and E.S. Weinthal. "How Access to Clean Water Prevents Conflict." Solutions 3.1 (2012): 70-76. 
- E. Weinthal, J. Troell, and M. Nakayama. "Water and post-conflict peacebuilding: Introduction." Water International 36.2 (2011): 143-153. [doi] [abs]
- N. Zawahri, J. Sowers, and E. Weinthal. "The politics of assessment: water and sanitation MDGs in the Middle East.." Dev Change 42.5 (2011): 1153-1178.  [abs]
- J. Sowers, A. Vengosh and E. Weinthal. "Climate change, water resources, and the politics of adaptation in the Middle East and North Africa." Climatic Change 104.3-4 (2011): 599-627. [available here], [doi] [abs]
- K. Lawlor, E. Weinthal, and L. Olander. "Institutions and policies to protect rural livelihoods in REDD + regimes." Global Environmental Politics 10.4 (2010): 1-11. [doi]
- S. Starobin and E. Weinthal. "The search for credible information in social and environmental global governance: The Kosher label." Business and Politics 12.3 (2010). [art8], [doi] [abs]
- E. Weinthal and K. Watters. "The Transformation of Environmental Activism in Central Asia: From Dependent to Interdependent Activism." Environmental Politics 19.5 (2010): 782-807. [doi] [abs]
- B. Hudson and E.S. Weinthal. "Seeing the Global Forest for the Trees: How US Federalism can coexist with Global Governance of Forests." Journal of Natural Resources Policy Research (2009).
- B. Daniels, E. Weinthal and B. Hudson. "Is an exemption from US groundwater regulations a loophole or a noose?." Policy Sciences 41.3 (2008): 205-220. [doi] [abs]
- E Weinthal, A Vengosh, A Marei, A Gutierrez and W Kloppmann. "Authors' reply." Ground Water 45.6 (2007): 662-663. [doi]
- P. Jones Luong & E. Weinthal. "Rethinking the resource curse: Ownership structure, institutional capacity, and domestic constraints." Annual Review of Political Science 9 (2006): 241-263. [doi] [abs]
- E. Weinthal & P. Jones Luong. "Combating the resource curse: An alternative solution to managing mineral wealth." Perspectives on Politics 4.1 (2006): 35-53. [the%20Resource%20Curse.pdf], [doi] [abs]
- Weinthal, E., Vengosh, A. Marie, A., Gutierrez A, & Kloppmann, W.. "The water crisis in the gaza strip: prospects for resolution.." Ground Water 43.5 (2005): 653-660. , [doi] [abs]
- E. Weinthal, Y. Parag, A. Vengosh, A. Muti, & W. Kloppmann, ". "The EU Drinking Water Directive: The Boron standard and scientific uncertainty." European Environment 15.1 (2005): 1-12. [doi] [abs]
- A Vengosh, E Weinthal and W Kloppmann. "Natural boron contamination in Mediterranean groundwater." Geotimes 49.5 (2004): 20-25. [abs]
- P. Jones Luong & E. Weinthal. "Contra Coercion: Russian Tax Reform, Exogenous Shocks, and Negotiated Institutional Change." American Political Science Review 98.1 (2004): 139-152. [abs]
- E. Weinthal. "From Environmental Peacemaking to Environmental Peacekeeping." Environmental Change and Security Project Report 10 (2004): 19-22.
- E. Weinthal & Y. Parag. "Two Steps Forward, One Step Backward: Societal Capacity and Israel's Implementation of the Barcelona Convention and the Mediterranean Action Plan." Global Environmental Politics 3.1 (2003): 51-71. [abs]
- P. Jones Luong & E. Weinthal. "New friends, new fears in Central Asia." Foreign Affairs 81.2 (March-April, 2002): 61-70.
- E. Weinthal & A. Marei. "One resource two visions: The prospects for Israeli-Palestinian water cooperation." Water International 27.4 (2002): 460-467. [abs]
- P. Jones Luong & E. Weinthal. "Prelude to the Resource Curse: Oil and Gas Development Strategies in Central Asia and Beyond." Comparative Political Studies 34.4 (May, 2001): 367-399. [abs]
- E. Weinthal. "Sins of omission: Constructing negotiating sets in the Aral Sea Basin." Journal of Environment and Development 10.1 (March, 2001): 50-79. [abs]
- E. Weinthal & P. Jones Luong. "Energy wealth and tax reform in Russia and Kazakhstan." Resources Policy 27.4 (2001): 215-223. [doi] [abs]
- PJ Luong and E Weinthal. "The NGO Paradox: Democratic goals and non-democratic outcomes in Kazakhstan." Europe - Asia Studies 51.7 (1999): 1267-1284. [doi] [abs]