Ph.D. Universite Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne (France) 2002
M.A. Universite Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne (France) 1998
B.A. Università Degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza (Italy) 1996
By appointmentTeaching (Fall 2019):
- Arthist 104.01, Exploring art and architecture
- Rubenstein 131, TuTh 03:05 PM-04:20 PM
- Arthist 245s.01, Women in visual arts
- Nasher 119, Tu 10:20 AM-12:50 PM
- Caviglia, S. History, painting, and the seriousness of pleasure in the age of Louis XV. Oxford University Studies in the Enlightenment, Liverpool University Press,
- Caviglia, S. "A Rococo Aesthetic: History Painting and the Self's Embodiment." What was History Painting and What is it Now? (October, 2019): 50-66.
- Atkinson, N; Caviglia, S. "Making sense of Rome in the eighteenth century: walking and the French aesthetic imagination." Word & Image vol. 34 no. 3 (July, 2018): 216-236. [doi]
- Body Narratives: Motion and Emotion in French Enlightenment. edited by Caviglia, SBrepols,
- Caviglia, S. "Rococo Classicisms: Mapping Corporeality." Classicisms. Edited
by Norman, LF; Leonard, A. (2017): 43-55.