Chantal D. Reid, Assistant Professor of the Practice
PhD, Duke University, 1990
MS, San Diego State University, 1985
BS, McGill University, 1981
Office Location: BioSci: 058
Office Phone: (919) 660-7378
Email Address: email@example.com
Ecology and Population Biology
Research Categories: Physiological ecology and global change
Research Description: As a physiological ecologist, my primary interests are to understand how environmental stresses on leaf gas exchange and plant carbon allocation control carbon gain, plant growth and reproduction. My research focuses on environmental factors likely to be affected by global change, particularly direct effect of carbon dioxide (CO2) and tropospheric ozone (O3) on physiology, and indirect effects on species interactions and distribution. My current research addresses two topics: i) the effects of environmental stress, including elevated CO2, on stomatal function, plant growth, and carbon allocation, and ii) controls on establishment of an invading species.
- Weisenberger A.G., Kross B., Lee S., McKisson J., McKisson J.E., Xi W., Zorn C., Howell C.R., Crowell A.S., Reid C.D., Smith M., Nuclear physics detector technology applied to plant biology research., Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, vol. 718 (2013), pp. 157–159 .
- Weisenberger AG, Kross B, Lee SJ, McKisson J, McKisson JE, Xi W, Zorn C, Reid CD, Howell CR, Crowell AS, Cumberbatch L, Fallin B, Stolin A, Smith MF., PhytoBeta imager: a positron imager for plant biology., Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 57 (2012), pp. 4195-4210  .
- Weisenberger AG, Dong H, Kross B, Lee SJ, McKisson J, McKisson JE, Xi W, Zorn, C, Howell CR, Crowell AS, Cumberbatch L, Reid CD, Smith MF, Stolin A., Development of PhytoPET: A Plant Imaging PET System., 2011 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium Conference Record (NSS/MIC), vol. 2011 (2011) .
- Weisenberger A.G., Stolin A, Kross B, Lee SJ, Majewski S, McKisson J, McKisson JE, Xi W, Zorn C, Howell CR, Crowell AS, Reid CD, Smith MF, Compact beta particle/positron imager for plant biology., IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium Conference Record (NSS/MIC), vol. 2010 (2010), pp. 1752-1754. .
- with Kiser M. R., Reid C. D., Crowell A. S., Phillips R. P., Howell C. R., Exploring the transport of plant metabolites using positron emitting radiotracers, HFSP Journal, vol. 2 no. 4 (August 2008), pp. 189-204 [author's comments].