Alexander Rosenberg, Professor of Philosophy
PhD, The Johns Hopkins University, 1971
BA, City College of New York, 1967
Philosophy of Biology
Philosophy of Social Science
Philosophy of Science
Areas of Interest:
Philosophy of Biology,
Philosophy of Cognitive, Behavioral, & Social Science,
- A. Rosenberg, "Disenchanted Naturalism", in Contemporary Philosophical Naturalism and Its Implications, edited by Bana Bashour and Hans Muller (2013), pp. 30 pp., Routledge .
- A. Rosenberg, "Designing an alternative to the patent as a second best solution to the problem of intellectual property", in New Frontiers in the Philosophy of Intellectual Property, edited by Annabelle Lever (Summer, 2012), Cambridge University Press .
- A. Rosenberg, "How Jerry Fodor slid down the slippery slope to AntiDarwinism, and how we can avid the same fate", European Journal for the Philosophy of Science, vol. 2 no. 2 (May, 2012), pp. 1-17 [search], [doi] .
- A. Rosenberg, "Why do spatiotemporally restricted regularities explain in the social sciences?", British Journal for Philosophy of Science, vol. 63 no. 1 (January, 2012), pp. 1-26 [full], [doi] [abs].
- A. Rosenberg, "How physcis fakes design", in Evolutionary Biology: Coneptual, Ethical Religion Issues, edited by Thompson and Walsh (Winter, 2011), Cambridge U.P. .
Duke Biology Box 90338 Durham, NC 27708 Phone: 919-660-7372 Fax: 919-660-7293