Publications of Julie Reynolds :chronological alphabetical combined bibtex listing:search PubMed.
- J.A. Reynolds, How do I write a scientific paper? A college student's primer on fundamentals and tips for success (1999), Burgess Publishing, Edina, Minnesota .
- Reynolds, J, How do I write a scientific paper? A college student’s primer on fundamentals and tips for success (1999), Burgess Publishing .
- Dowd, JE; Roy, CP; Thompson, RJ; Reynolds, JA, “On Course” for Supporting Expanded Participation and Improving Scientific Reasoning in Undergraduate Thesis Writing, Journal of Chemical Education, vol. 92 no. 1 (January, 2015), pp. 39-45 [doi] .
- Dowd, JE; Connolly, MP; Thompson, RJ; Reynolds, JA, Improved Reasoning in Undergraduate Writing through Structured Workshops, The Journal of economic education, vol. 46 no. 1 (January, 2015), pp. 14-27 [doi] .
- Dowd, JE; Duncan, T; Reynolds, JA, Concept Maps for Improved Science Reasoning and Writing: Complexity Isn't Everything., CBE-Life Sciences Education, vol. 14 no. 4 (January, 2015), pp. ar39 [doi] [abs].
- Reynolds, JA; Lowman, MD, Promoting ecoliteracy through research service-learning and citizen science, Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, vol. 11 no. 10 (2013), pp. 565-566 [doi] .
- Abraham, JK; Reynolds, JA, Human diversity in science, Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, vol. 11 no. 3 (2013), pp. 115- [doi] .
- Reynolds, JA; Thaiss, C; Katkin, W; Thompson, RJ, Writing-to-learn in undergraduate science education: a community-based, conceptually driven approach., CBE-Life Sciences Education, vol. 11 no. 1 (2012), pp. 17-25 , [doi] [abs].
- Goldberg, R; Caves, K; Reynolds, JA, Improving the quality of writing in a capstone engineering design course, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings (2011), American Society for Engineering Education [fetch] [abs].
- III, C; FS, ; Power, ME; Pickett, STA; Freitag, A; Reynolds, JA; Jackson, RB; Lodge, DM; Duke, C; Collins, SL; Power, AG; Bartuska, A, Earth Stewardship: science for action to sustain the human-earth system, Ecosphere, vol. 2 no. 8 (2011), pp. art89 [doi] .
- Reynolds, JA; Thompson, RJ, Want to improve undergraduate thesis writing? Engage students and their faculty readers in scientific peer review., CBE-Life Sciences Education, vol. 10 no. 2 (2011), pp. 209-215 , [doi] [abs].
- Reynolds, JA; Ahern-Dodson, J, Promoting science literacy through Research Service-Learning, an emerging pedagogy with significant benefits for students, faculty, universities, and communities, Journal of College Science Teaching, vol. 39 no. 6 (2010) [abs].
- Reynolds, J, When communicating with diverse audiences, use VELCRO to make science stick, Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America, vol. 90 no. 3 (2009), pp. 297-304  [abs].
- Reynolds, J; Smith, R; Moskovitz, C; Sayle, A, BioTAP: A systematic approach to teaching scientific writing and evaluating undergraduate theses, BioScience (BioOne), vol. 59 no. 10 (2009), pp. 896-903 [doi] [abs].
- Reynolds, JA; Moskovitz, C, Calibrated Peer Review™ assignments in science courses: Are they designed to promote critical thinking and writing skills?, Journal of College Science Teaching, vol. 38 no. 2 (2008), pp. 60-66 [abs].
- Reynolds, JA; Russell, V, Can You Hear Us Now?: A comparison of peer review quality when students give audio versus written feedback, Writing Across the Curriculum Journal, vol. 19 (2008), pp. 29-44 [pdf] [abs].
- Reynolds, J; Vogel, S, Precisely! A writing exercise for science and engineering classes, Journal of College Science Teaching, vol. 36 no. 5 (2007), pp. 30-33 [pqdlink] [abs].
- Reynolds, JA; Wilen, JE, The sea urchin fishery: Harvesting, processing, and the market, Marine Resource Economics, vol. 15 no. 2 (2000), pp. 115-126 [abs].
- Reynolds, JA, Quantifying habitat associations in marine fisheries: A generalization of the Kolmogorov-Smirnov statistic using commercial logbook records linked to archived environmental data, Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, vol. 60 no. 4 (2003), pp. 370-378 [doi] [abs].
- Leadley, PW; Reynolds, JA; Thomas, JF; Reynolds, JF, Effects of CO 2 Enrichment on Internal Leaf Surface Area in Soybeans, Botanical Gazette, vol. 148 no. 2 (June, 1987), pp. 137-140 [doi] .
- Lemons, P; Reynolds, JA; Curtin, A; Bissell, A, Improving Critical-Thinking Skills in Introductory Biology Through Quality Practice and Metacognition, in Using Reflection and Metacognition to Improve Student Learning, edited by M. Kaplan, N. Silver, D. LaVaque-Manty, & D. Meizlish, (2013), pp. 232 pages, Stylus Publishing, LLC [abs].
- Thaiss, C; Reynolds, JA, How Writing-to-Learn Practices Improve Student Learning: Connecting Research and Practice through a Consideration of Mechanisms of Effect, in Changing the Conversation about Higher Education, edited by Thompson, RJ (2013), pp. 216 pages, Rowman & Littlefield [abs].
- Reynolds, J, Disciplinary-Specific Thesis Assessment Protocol: A validated rubric that promotes student learning and faculty development, in Changing the Conversation about Higher Education, edited by Thompson, RJ (2013), pp. 216 pages, Rowman & Littlefield [abs].
- Ye, J; Reynolds, JF; Reynolds, JA; Herrick, JE; Wu, J; Chuluun, T; Li, F-M; Long, R, New Ecology Education: Preparing Students for the Complex Human- Environmental Problems of Dryland East Asia, in Dryland East Asia (DEA): Land Dynamics Amid Social And Climate Change, edited by Chen, J; Wan, S; Henebry, G; Qi, J; Gutman, G; Sun, G; Kappas, M (2013), pp. 470 pages, Walter de Gruyter [abs].
- J.A. Reynolds and R. Thompson, Improving the Quality of Undergraduate Theses by Teaching the Conventions of Scientific Writing and Professional Peer Review, Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education, vol. 11 no. 1 (2010), pp. 97 [pdf_18] [abs].
- Beck, C; Klemow, K; Paulson, J; Bernstein, A; Lam, M; Middendorf, G; Reynolds, J; Belanger, K; Cardelus, C; Cid, C; Doshi, S; Gerardo, N; Jablonski, L; Kimmel, H; Lowman, M; Macrae-Crerar, A; Pohlad, B; Roode, JD; Thomas, C, Add ecology to the pre-medical curriculum, Science, vol. 335 no. 6074 (2012), pp. 1301- [doi] .