Publications of Julie Reynolds :chronological alphabetical combined bibtex listing:search PubMed.
- J Reynolds, How do I write a scientific paper? A college student’s primer on fundamentals and tips for success (June, 2015), Burgess Publishing .
- J.A. Reynolds, How do I write a scientific paper? A college student's primer on fundamentals and tips for success (1999), Burgess Publishing, Edina, Minnesota .
- J Reynolds, When communicating with diverse audiences, use VELCRO to make science stick, Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America, vol. 90 no. 3 (2009), pp. 297-304  [abs].
- JE Dowd, CP Roy, RJ Thompson and JA Reynolds, “On Course” for Supporting Expanded Participation and Improving Scientific Reasoning in Undergraduate Thesis Writing, Journal of Chemical Education, vol. 92 no. 1 (January, 2015), pp. 39-45 [doi] .
- JE Dowd, MP Connolly, RJ Thompson and JA Reynolds, Improved Reasoning in Undergraduate Writing through Structured Workshops, The Journal of Economic Education, vol. 46 no. 1 (January, 2015), pp. 14-27 [doi] .
- JA Reynolds and MD Lowman, Promoting ecoliteracy through research service-learning and citizen science, Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, vol. 11 no. 10 (2013), pp. 565-566 [doi] .
- C III, FS, ME Power, STA Pickett, A Freitag, JA Reynolds, RB Jackson, DM Lodge, C Duke, SL Collins, AG Power and A Bartuska, Earth Stewardship: science for action to sustain the human-earth system, Ecosphere, vol. 2 no. 8 (January, 2013), pp. art89 [doi] .
- JA Reynolds and J Ahern-Dodson, Promoting science literacy through Research Service-Learning, an emerging pedagogy with significant benefits for students, faculty, universities, and communities, Journal of College Science Teaching, vol. 39 no. 6 (2010) [abs].
- J Reynolds and S Vogel, Precisely! A writing exercise for science and engineering classes, Journal of College Science Teaching, vol. 36 no. 5 (January, 2013), pp. 30-33 [pqdlink] [abs].
- JA Reynolds and C Moskovitz, Calibrated Peer Review™ assignments in science courses: Are they designed to promote critical thinking and writing skills?, Journal of College Science Teaching, vol. 38 no. 2 (2008), pp. 60-66 [abs].
- JA Reynolds and V Russell, Can You Hear Us Now?: A comparison of peer review quality when students give audio versus written feedback, Writing Across the Curriculum Journal, vol. 19 (2008), pp. 29-44 [pdf] [abs].
- JA Reynolds and JE Wilen, The sea urchin fishery: Harvesting, processing, and the market, Marine Resource Economics, vol. 15 no. 2 (2000), pp. 115-126 [abs].
- JK Abraham and JA Reynolds, Human diversity in science, Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, vol. 11 no. 3 (2013), pp. 115- [doi] .
- JA Reynolds, C Thaiss, W Katkin and RJ Thompson, Writing-to-learn in undergraduate science education: a community-based, conceptually driven approach., CBE Life Sci Educ, vol. 11 no. 1 (2012), pp. 17-25 , [doi] [abs].
- JA Reynolds and RJ Thompson, Want to improve undergraduate thesis writing? Engage students and their faculty readers in scientific peer review., CBE Life Sci Educ, vol. 10 no. 2 (2011), pp. 209-215 , [doi] [abs].
- R Goldberg, K Caves and JA Reynolds, Improving the quality of writing in a capstone engineering design course, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings (2011), American Society for Engineering Education [fetch] [abs].
- J Reynolds, R Smith, C Moskovitz and A Sayle, BioTAP: A systematic approach to teaching scientific writing and evaluating undergraduate theses, BioScience, vol. 59 no. 10 (2009), pp. 896-903 [doi] [abs].
- JA Reynolds, Quantifying habitat associations in marine fisheries: A generalization of the Kolmogorov-Smirnov statistic using commercial logbook records linked to archived environmental data, Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, vol. 60 no. 4 (2003), pp. 370-378 [doi] [abs].
- PW Leadley, JA Reynolds, JF Thomas and JF Reynolds, Effects of CO$_2$ Enrichment on Internal Leaf Surface Area in Soybeans, Botanical Gazette, vol. 148 no. 2 (June, 1987), pp. 137-137 [doi] .
- C Thaiss and JA Reynolds, How Writing-to-Learn Practices Improve Student Learning: Connecting Research and Practice through a Consideration of Mechanisms of Effect, in Changing the Conversation about Higher Education, edited by RJ Thompson (2013), Rowman & Littlefield [abs].
- J Reynolds, Disciplinary-Specific Thesis Assessment Protocol: A validated rubric that promotes student learning and faculty development, in Changing the Conversation about Higher Education, edited by RJ Thompson (2013), Rowman & Littlefield [abs].
- P Lemons, JA Reynolds, A Curtin and A Bissell, Improving Critical-Thinking Skills in Introductory Biology Through Quality Practice and Metacognition, in Using Reflection and Metacognition to Improve Student Learning, edited by M. Kaplan, N. Silver, D. LaVaque-Manty, & D. Meizlish (2013), Stylus Publishing, LLC [abs].
- J Ye, JF Reynolds, JA Reynolds, JE Herrick, J Wu, T Chuluun, F-M Li and R Long, New Ecology Education: Preparing Students for the Complex Human- Environmental Problems of Dryland East Asia, in Dryland East Asia (DEA): Land Dynamics Amid Social And Climate Change, edited by J Chen and S Wan and G Henebry and J Qi and G Gutman and G Sun and M Kappas (2013), Walter de Gruyter [abs].
- J.A. Reynolds and R. Thompson, Improving the Quality of Undergraduate Theses by Teaching the Conventions of Scientific Writing and Professional Peer Review, Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education, vol. 11 no. 1 (2010), pp. 97 [pdf_18] [abs].
- C Beck, K Klemow, J Paulson, A Bernstein, M Lam, G Middendorf, J Reynolds, K Belanger, C Cardelus, C Cid, S Doshi, N Gerardo, L Jablonski, H Kimmel, M Lowman, A Macrae-Crerar, B Pohlad, JD Roode and C Thomas, Add ecology to the pre-medical curriculum, Science, vol. 335 no. 6074 (2012), pp. 1301- [doi] .