Robert L Wilbur, Professor Emeritus
PhD, University of Michigan, 1952
Office Location: 052 Bio Sci Bldg
Office Phone: 919-660-7324, 919-660-7317
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Categories: Systematics of vascular plants
Research Description: I have concentrated my research efforts in the floras of the southeastern United States and Central America. In Costa Rica I have been involved in a floristic study of the plants in the rain forest at the Organization for Tropical Studies Research Station at La Selva. Taxa of particular interest are the tropical Campanulaceae and the Central American species of the Ericaceae and Gentianaceae.
- R.L. Wilbur, Notes on the box huckleberry, Gaylussacia brachycera (Michaux) A. Gray, and its unexpected presence in North Carolina. (with S. Bloodworth)., Rhodora, vol. 106 (2004) .
- R.L. Wilbur, What is the correct name for the bristly greenbrier?, Rhodora, vol. 105 (2003), pp. 250-259 .
- R.L. Wilbur, The correct names for the biovulate, herbaceous-stemmed Smilaxes of North America., Brittonia, vol. 55 (2003) .
- R.L. Wilbur, The identity and history of Myrica caroliniensis (Myricaceae), Rhodora, vol. 104 (2002), pp. 31-41 .
- R.L. Wilbur, Thomas Walter's oaks from the coastal region of South Carolina, Rhodora, vol. 104 (2002), pp. 134-150 .