Richard B. Searles, Professor Emeritus of Botany
Ph.D., University of California at Berkeley, 1965
B.A., Pomona College, 1958
Office Location: 049 Bio Sci Bldg, Durham, NC 27708
Office Phone: (919) 660-7336
Email Address: email@example.com
Research Categories: Seaweed flora of the Southeastern US and the Caribbean.
Current projects: Seaweed flora of Yucatan, Mexico
Recent Publications (search)
- Catalina Mendoza-Gonzalez, A; Elena Mateo-Cid, L; Searles, RB, Yucatan seaweeds from the offshore waters of Isla Mujeres, Ouintana Roo, Mexico, Botanica Marina, vol. 50 no. 5-6 (2007), pp. 280-287 [Gateway.cgi], [doi] [abs].
- Mateo-Cid, LE; Mendoza-Gonzalez, AC; Searles, RB, A checklist and seasonal account of the deepwater Rhodophyta around Cozumel island on the Caribbean coast of Mexico, Caribbean journal of science, vol. 42 no. 1 (2006), pp. 39-52 [Gateway.cgi] [abs].
- Mateo-Cid, LE; Mendoza-Gonzalez, AC; Searles, RB, New Mexican records of marine algae including Crouania mayae sp nov (Ceramiaceae, Rhodophyta), Caribbean journal of science, vol. 38 no. 3-4 (2002), pp. 205-221 [Gateway.cgi] .
- Mendoza-Gonzalez, AC; Mateo-Cid, LE; Searles, RB, New records of benthic marine algae from Isla Cozumel, Mexico: Phaeophyta and Chlorophyta, Bulletin of marine science, vol. 66 no. 1 (January, 2000), pp. 119-130 [Gateway.cgi] .
- Schneider, CW; Searles, RB, Notes on the marine algae of the Bermudas. 3. Avrainvillea sylvearleae, Discosporangium mesarthrocarpum, and Peyssonnelia valentinii, Journal of Phycology, vol. 34 no. 1 (February, 1998), pp. 180-188 [Gateway.cgi], [doi] .