Huntington F Willard, Director, Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy and Professor of Biology
PhD, Yale University, 1979
Ph.D., Yale University, 1979
B.A., Harvard University, 1975
Office Location: 2376 CIEMAS
Office Phone: (919) 668-4477
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Page: http://www.genome.duke.edu/people/faculty//willard
Additional Web Page: http://labs.genome.duke.edu/WillardLab
Research Categories: Genome biology, human genetics and genomics
- J Basu, G Stromberg, G Compitello, HF Willard, G Van Bokkelen, Rapid creation of BAC-based human artificial chromosome vectors by transposition with synthetic alpha-satellite arrays., Nucleic acids research, vol. 33 no. 2 (2005), pp. 587-96 [doi] [abs].
- BP Chadwick, HF Willard, Multiple spatially distinct types of facultative heterochromatin on the human inactive X chromosome., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 101 no. 50 (December, 2004), pp. 17450-5 [doi] [abs].
- MK Rudd, HF Willard, Analysis of the centromeric regions of the human genome assembly., Trends in genetics : TIG, vol. 20 no. 11 (November, 2004), pp. 529-33 [doi] [abs].
- BR Grimes, J Babcock, MK Rudd, B Chadwick, HF Willard, Assembly and characterization of heterochromatin and euchromatin on human artificial chromosomes., Genome biology, vol. 5 no. 11 (2004), pp. R89 [doi] [abs].
- BP Chadwick, HF Willard, Chromatin of the Barr body: histone and non-histone proteins associated with or excluded from the inactive X chromosome., Human molecular genetics, vol. 12 no. 17 (September, 2003), pp. 2167-78 [doi] [abs].
- I Percec, JL Thorvaldsen, RM Plenge, CJ Krapp, JH Nadeau, HF Willard, MS Bartolomei, An N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea mutagenesis screen for epigenetic mutations in the mouse., Genetics, vol. 164 no. 4 (August, 2003), pp. 1481-94 [abs].
- HF Willard, Tales of the Y chromosome., Nature, vol. 423 no. 6942 (June, 2003), pp. 810-1, 813 [doi] .
- MK Rudd, MG Schueler, HF Willard, Sequence organization and functional annotation of human centromeres., Cold Spring Harbor symposia on quantitative biology, vol. 68 (2003), pp. 141-9 .
- BP Chadwick, HF Willard, Cell cycle-dependent localization of macroH2A in chromatin of the inactive X chromosome., The Journal of cell biology, vol. 157 no. 7 (June, 2002), pp. 1113-23 [doi] [abs].
- BR Grimes, AA Rhoades, HF Willard, Alpha-satellite DNA and vector composition influence rates of human artificial chromosome formation., Molecular therapy : the journal of the American Society of Gene Therapy, vol. 5 no. 6 (June, 2002), pp. 798-805 [doi] [abs].
- I Percec, RM Plenge, JH Nadeau, MS Bartolomei, HF Willard, Autosomal dominant mutations affecting X inactivation choice in the mouse., Science (New York, N.Y.), vol. 296 no. 5570 (May, 2002), pp. 1136-9 [doi] [abs].
- MG Schueler, AW Higgins, MK Rudd, K Gustashaw, HF Willard, Genomic and genetic definition of a functional human centromere., Science (New York, N.Y.), vol. 294 no. 5540 (October, 2001), pp. 109-15 [doi] [abs].
- HF Willard, Genomics and gene therapy. Artificial chromosomes coming to life., Science (New York, N.Y.), vol. 290 no. 5495 (November, 2000), pp. 1308-9 [abs].
- L Carrel, AA Cottle, KC Goglin, HF Willard, A first-generation X-inactivation profile of the human X chromosome., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 96 no. 25 (December, 1999), pp. 14440-4 [abs].
- L Carrel, HF Willard, Heterogeneous gene expression from the inactive X chromosome: an X-linked gene that escapes X inactivation in some human cell lines but is inactivated in others., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 96 no. 13 (June, 1999), pp. 7364-9 [abs].
Duke Biology Box 90338 Durham, NC 27708 Phone: 919-660-7372 Fax: 919-660-7293