Alex Gunderson, Biology Grad Student
MS, College of William and Mary, 2007
BS, Minnesota State University, Mankato, 2004
Areas of Interest:
Behavioral ecology, Thermal ecology (Leal lab).
- Leal, M and A.R. Gunderson, Rapid change in the thermal tolerance of a tropical lizard, The American Naturalist, vol. 180 (2012), pp. 815-822 .
- Gunderson, A. and M. Leal, Geographic variation in vulnerability to climate warming in a tropical Caribbean lizard, Functional Ecology, vol. 26 (2012), pp. 783-793 .
- Gunderson, A.R., J. Siegel, M. Leal, Tests of the contribution of acclimation to geographic variation in water loss rates of the West Indian lizard Anolis cristatellus, Journal of Comparative Physiology B, vol. 181 (2011), pp. 965-972 .
- Gunderson, A.R., M.H. Forsyth, and J.P. Swaddle, Evidence that plumage bacteria influence feather coloration and body condition of eastern bluebirds, Sialia sialis., Journal of Avian Biology, vol. 40 (2009), pp. 440-447 .
- Gunderson, A.R., Feather-degrading bacteria: a new frontier in avian and host-parasite research?, Auk, vol. 125 no. 4 (2008), pp. 972-979 .
- Gunderson, A.R., A.M. Frame, J.P. Swaddle and M.H. Forsyth, Resistance of melanized feathers to bacterial degradation: is it really so black and white?, Journal of Avian Biology, vol. 39 (2008), pp. 539-545 .
Duke Biology Box 90338 Durham, NC 27708 Phone: 919-660-7372 Fax: 919-660-7293