Paul M. Magwene, Associate Professor
Ph.D., University of Chicago, 1999
AB, Harvard College, 1993
Research Categories: Evolutionary Genomics, Systems Biology, and Bioinformatics
Areas of Interest:
- PK Strope, DA Skelly, SG Kozmin, G Mahadevan, EA Stone, PM Magwene, FS Dietrich and JH McCusker, The 100-genomes strains, an S. cerevisiae resource that illuminates its natural phenotypic and genotypic variation and emergence as an opportunistic pathogen., Genome research, vol. 25 no. 5 (May, 2015), pp. 762-774 [doi] [abs].
- PM Magwene, Revisiting Mortimer's Genome Renewal Hypothesis: heterozygosity, homothallism, and the potential for adaptation in yeast., Adv Exp Med Biol, vol. 781 (January, 2014), pp. 37-48 , [doi] [abs].
- K Gonzales, O Kayıkçı, DG Schaeffer, PM Magwene, Modeling mutant phenotypes and oscillatory dynamics in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae cAMP-PKA pathway., BMC systems biology, vol. 7 (May, 2013), pp. 40 [doi] [abs].
- JA Granek, D Murray, O Kayikçi, PM Magwene, The genetic architecture of biofilm formation in a clinical isolate of Saccharomyces cerevisiae., Genetics, vol. 193 no. 2 (2013), pp. 587-600 , [doi] [abs].
- PM Magwene, JJ Socha, Biomechanics of turtle shells: how whole shells fail in compression., J Exp Zool A Ecol Genet Physiol, vol. 319 no. 2 (2013), pp. 86-98 , [doi] [abs].