Michael Barnes, Supervisor, Greenhouse
MS, Cornell University, 2008
BS, Clemson University, 2002
AA, Spartanburg Community College, 2001
AS, Spartanburg Community College, 1997
Office Location: 130 Science Drive, Rm 137, Duke Box 90388, Durham, NC 27708
Office Phone: 919-660-7265
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Publications (search)
- E Jackson Brian, D Wright Robert and C Barnes Michael, “Methods of Constructing a Pine Tree Substrate from Various Wood Particle Sizes, Organic Amendments, and Sand for Desired Physical Properties and Plant Growth.”, HortScience, vol. 45 no. 1 (January, 2010), pp. 103-112 .
- Wright, Robert D., Jackson, Brian E., and Barnes, Michael C., "White Pine as a Pine Tree Substrate.”, in Proceedings-Southern Nursery Association Research Conference., vol. 54 (Summer,2009) .
- D Wright Robert, E Jackson Brian, C Barnes Michael and F Browder Jake, “The Landscape Performance of Annual Bedding Plants Grown in Pine Tree Substrate.”, HortTechnology, vol. 19 (2009), pp. 78-82 .
- E Jackson Brian, D Wright Robert and C Barnes Michael, “Pine Tree Substrate, Nitrogen Rate, Particle Size, and Peat Amendment Affect Poinsettia Growth and Substrate Physical Properties.”, HortScience, vol. 43 no. 7 (December, 2008), pp. 2155-2161 .
- Wright, Robert D., Jackson, Brian E., and Barnes, Michael C., “Pine Tree Substrate Construction for Optimal Water-Holding Capacity and Air Space.”, Proceedings - Southern Nursery Association Research Conference., vol. 53 (Summer, 2008), pp. 52-54 .
Certified Arborist, Certification:SO-6256A. International Society of Arboriculture. Certified Professional Horticulturist, Certification:30055, America Society for Horticultural Science. Commercial Pesticide Applicator, License: 026-27853. North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Landscape Industry Certified Manager-Interior: 285722. Professional Landcare Network. Worker Protection Standard’s Designated Trainer, United States Environmental Protection Agency.