|Office Location:|| |
|Email Address: || |
|Web Page: || |
|Ph.D. Cultural Anthropology||2012|
anthropology of religion and secularism; sovereignty; miracles; demonology; media and aesthetics; ethics and sensibility; philosophy and critical theory; political theologies; science studies; intellectual history; ethnographic writing
- Dissertation Title:
- The Miraculous Life: Scenes from the Charismatic Encounter in Northern Ghana
- Representative Publications
Chair: The Miraculous Life: Scenes from the Charismatic Encounter in Northern Ghana
- B. Goldstone. The Miraculous Life: Scenes from the Charismatic Encounter in Northern Ghana. 2012. [graduate-student-brian-goldstone] [abs]
- B. Goldstone. "The Event of African Pentecostalism." African Studies Review (2011). (forthcoming)
- B. Goldstone. "The Miraculous Life." The Johannesburg Salon. Edited
by Achille Mbembe & Lara Allen. vol. 4 (2011): 81-96. [pdf]
- B. Goldstone (with Stanley Hauerwas). "Disciplined Seeing: Forms of Christianity and Forms of Life." South Atlantic Quarterly vol. 109 no. 4 (2010): 765-790. (Special Issue on "Global Christianity, Global Critique," edited by Matthew Engelke and Joel Robbins) [765.full.pdf+html]
- B. Goldstone. 2011. "Secularism, 'Religious Violence,' and the Liberal Imaginary." Secularism and Religion-Making. Edited
by Markus Dressler and Arvind Mandair. (2011): 104-124. [books]
- B. Goldstone. "Critique of Abysmal Reasoning." Theory & Event vol. 11 no. 2 (2008).
- B. Goldstone. "Violence and the Profane: Islam, Liberal Democracy, and the Limits of Secular Discipline." Anthropological Quarterly vol. 80 no. 1 (2007): 207-37.
- B. Goldstone. "On Democratic Secularism." Borderlands vol. 5 no. 2 (2006).
- B. Goldstone. "Dilemmas of Culture in African Schools: Youth, Nationalism, and the Transformation of Knowledge." Anthropological Quarterly vol. 79 no. 1 (2006): 159-64.