- Office Hours:
- On Leave
- Ph.D. Princeton University, 1987
- M.A. Princeton University, 1983
- B.A. Wellesley College, 1980
- Senior Associate Member, 1989, 1992 American School of Classical Studies, 1998
- Student Associate Member, American School of Classical Studies, 1985
- Zertifikat, Deutsch als Fremdsprache, Goethe Institut, Rothenburg o.d.Tauber, 1984
- 12 College Exchange (Foreign Study in Europe), Dartmouth College, 1979
Excavation and Archaeological Experience
- Morgantina Project, (with Malcolm Bell, University of Virginia), Co-Director, Sicily, 1990 to present
- Princeton Cyprus Expedition, (Princeton University), Polis Chrysochou, Cyprus, 1983
- Agora Excavations, (American School of Classical Studies), Athens, Greece, 1982
- Halieis Excavations, (Indiana University), Study Assistant, Porto Cheli, Greece, 1980
- Halieis Excavations, (Indiana University), Trenchmaster, Porto Cheli, Greece, 1979
Mediterranean archaeology, especially the late Bronze and Iron Ages; ceramic studies; the archaeology of identity.
Representative Publications (More Publications)
- Co-Director, Morgantina Excavations
Vice President for Research & Academic Affairs, Archaeological Institute of America
- Antonaccio, CM. An Archaeology of Ancestors: Greek Tomb and Hero Cult. Rowman & Littlefield,
- Antonaccio, CM. "Origins, culture, and identity in classical antiquity." Worlds Elide. Edited
by Euben, P; Bassi,, K. Lexington Press (2010): 4-17.
- Antonaccio, CM. "The Western Mediterranean." The Blackwell Companion to the Ancient World (Basil Blackwell). Edited
by Raaflaub, K; Wees, HV. Blackwell (2009): 314-329.
- Antonaccio, CM. "(Re) Defining Ethnicity: Culture, Material Culture, and Identity." Visual Culture and Social Identity in the Ancient Mediterranean. Edited
by Hodos, T; Hales, S. Cambridge University Press (2009): 32-53.
- Antonaccio, CM. "Colonization: Greece on the Move." The Cambridge Companion to Archaic Greece. Edited
by H.A. Shapiro. Cambridge University Press (2007): 201-224. [doi] [abs]
- Antonaccio, CM. "Elite mobility in the west." Pindar’s Poetry, Patrons and Festivals: from Archaic Greece to the Roman Empire. Edited
by Morgan, C. Oxford University press (2006): 265-285.
- Antonaccio, C. "Religion, basileis and heroes." Ancient Greece: From the Mycenaean Palaces to the Age of Homer. Edited
by Lemos, I; Deger-Jalkotzy, I. University of Edinburgh Press (July, 2006): 381-396.
- Antonaccio, CM. "Excavating Colonization." Ancient Colonization: Analogy, Similarity and Difference. Edited
by Hurst, H; Owen, S. Duckworth (2005): 97-113.