- Atkins, JW. Roman Political Thought. Cambridge University Press,
248 pages. [abs]
- Atkins, JW. Cicero on Politics and the Limits of Reason: The Republic and Laws. Cambridge University Press,
.  [abs]
- Atkins, JW. "Non-domination and the libera res publica in Cicero's Republicanism." History of European Ideas vol. 44 no. 6, Informa UK Limited 756-773. [doi] [abs]
- Atkins, JW. "Natural Law and Civil Religion: De legibus, Book II"." Ciceros Staatsphilosophie. Edited
by Hoeffe, O. vol. 64 167-186.
- Atkins, JW. "Zeno's Republic, plato's Laws, and the early development of stoic natural law theory." Polis: the Journal for Ancient Greek Political Thought vol. 32 no. 1, BRILL 166-190. [doi] [abs]
- Atkins, JW. "Constitution and Empire in Roman Republican Thought." Rome Museums and World Civilizations Peyking University Press . Chinese translation
- Atkins, JW. "A revolutionary doctrine? Cicero's natural right teaching in Mably and Burke." Classical Receptions Journal vol. 6 no. 2, Oxford University Press (OUP) 177-197. [doi] [abs]
- Atkins, JW. "Euripides's orestes and the concept of conscience in Greek philosophy." Journal of the History of Ideas vol. 75 no. 1, Johns Hopkins University Press 1-22. [doi]
- Atkins, JW. "Cicero, Marcus Tullius (106–43 BCE)." The Encyclopedia of Political Thought. Edited
by Gibbons, M. WILEY-BLACKWELL 489-498.
- Atkins, JW. "Cicero on the Relationship between Plato’s Republic and Laws." Ancient Approaches to Plato’s Republic. Edited
by Sheppard, A. BICS Supplement 117 15-34.
- Atkins, JW. "Greek and Roman Political Philosophy." Oxford Bibliographies in "Classics". Edited
by Dee Clayman. Oxford University Press . (Li
- Atkins, JW. "The argument on De Re Publica and the Songe de Scipion (Dream of Scipio)." Les Études Philosophiques vol. 99 no. 4, CAIRN 455-469. [doi]
- Atkins, JW. "The officia of St. Ambrose's de officiis." Journal of Early Christian Studies vol. 19 no. 1, Johns Hopkins University Press 49-77. [Gateway.cgi], [doi] [abs]
Book & Monograph Reviews
- Atkins, JW, "Ethics and the Orator: The Ciceronian Tradition of Political Morality by Gary A. Remer". Political Theory
- Atkins, JW, Review of Catherine Steel, ed., The Cambridge Companion to Cicero (Cambridge, 2013).
- Atkins, JW, Cicero's Philosophica (Review of Yelena Baraz, A Written Republic. Cicero's Philosophical Politics). The Classical Review 63 2
417-419. [Gateway.cgi], [doi]
- with Rousselot, P. "A Young Researcher Tackles the De Republica." . Societe internationale des amis de Ciceron (SIAC),
5-7. Translated into French, Spanish, and Italian [abs]