Joseph Di BonaClick here for a printer-ready version, or
download as a PDF file.
|213D West Duke Building
Durham, NC 27708
| (919) 660-3075 (office)
Areas of Research
PhD, University of California, Berkeley, 1967
Service to Program in Education
- Scholarship With a Civic Mission, Writer's Forum Chapel Hill Senior Center
- The Collision of Pedagogies in American Education, Charlottesville VA., October, 2005
- Role of Public In Recognizing 19th Century Free Black Artisans, Milton, NC, 7 December 2003
- Comparative Teacher Preparation with Finnish Educators Eija Kimonen and Raimo Nevalainen, North Carolina Central University. English Department, 10 October 2003
- Role of Charity in Educating Delinquent Youth, Netherlands, 5 April 2003
- Curricula Change for Global Citizenship, London, England, 3 April 2003
- J. Di Bona. My Heart Belongs To Sammy: A Kid Who Defies Convention. December, 2005.
- J. Di Bona. Critical Perspectives on Indian Education. New Delhi: Bahri Publications, 1989.
- J. Di Bona. One Teacher, One School. Delhi: Biblia Impex Pvt. Ltd., 1983. 309 pp. pp.
- J. Di Bona. A Is For Ambrosia. Durham: Privately Printed, 1975.
- J. Di Bona. The Context of Education in Indian Development. Durham, Duke University Program in Comparative Studies on Southern Asia, 1974. pp. vii, 229 pp.
- J. Di Bona. Change and Conflict. Indian Edition Lalvani Publishing House, Bombay, 1972. 236 pp. pp.
- J. Di Bona. "Media Destiny." 2003 A Three Act Play submitted for production.
- J. Di Bona. "Sheila." 2003 A Three Act Play on the underbelly of the public school system and its tragic consequences.
- J. Di Bona. "Quest." 2003 A Three Act Play about the search for identity.
Peer-reviewed journal articles under review
- J. Di Bona, D. Malone. "What elementary school principals say about diet and exercise." (2008).
Books in preparation
- J. Di Bona and undergraduates, David Evans and Matthew Zash. "THE EDUCATION OF TERRORISTS." Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, December, 2005
- J. Di Bona. "Is Teaching Obsolete." 2005
Other scholarly work submitted
- J. Di Bona. "Feeding the Hungry During WWII. In Challenges On the Home Front." Chapel Hill Press. (2004).
- J. Di Bona. "A Memoir From the Grave. In Challenges On the Home Front." Chapel Hill Press. (2004).
Articles in Journals
- J. Di Bona, Rittik Chaudhuri, Joshua Jean-Baptiste, Peter Menachem, and Megan Wurzburg. "Commercialism in North Carolina High Schools: A Survey of Principals' Perceptions." Peabody Journal of Education 78.2 (2003): 41-62.
- J. Di Bona and Eleanor Harrington-Austin. ""Bringing Multicultrualism to the Historically Black University in the United States"." Education Horizon 71.3 (1993): 50-57.
- J. Di Bona. "25 Years of change in an Indian University." Journal of Higher Education New Delhi 15 (1993): 65-79.
Last modified: 2012/11/13