- S. Beckwith. Shakespeare and the Grammar of Forgiveness. Cornell University Press. April, 2011.
- S. Beckwith and James Simpson (eds). Premodern Shakespeares. JMEMS. January, 2010.
- S Beckwith and J Simpson. Premodern Shakespeare.40 2010. 1-5 pp. [Gateway.cgi], [doi]
- S Beckwith. Signifying God: Social Relation and Symbolic Act in York’s Play of Corpus Christi. U of Chicago P, 2001, Paperback ed. 2003.
- S Beckwith. Christ’s Body: Identity, Culture and Society in Late Medieval Writings. Routledge, 1996.
- S. Beckwith and David Aers. Reform and Cultural Revolution. JMEMS
- JMEMS. Jan. 2003
- S. Beckwith and A. Wharton, eds.. --. JMEMS 32.2
- with D. Aers, eds.. Sacrifice: Medieval and Early Modern. JMEMS, special issue 31.3
- S. Beckwith and A. Wharton, eds.. --. JMEMS 30.2
- The Cultural Work of Medieval Theatre: Ritual Practice in England 1350-1600. JMEMS, special issue 29.1
- Catholicism and Catholicity: Eucharistic Communities in Historical and Contemporary Perspectives. Modern Theology 15.2
(Mar. 1999). (based on conference being held at Duke, April 17-19, under auspices of the Homeland Foundation)
- S. Beckwith and A. Wharton, eds.. --. JMEMS 29.2
- Catholicism and Catholicity: Eucharistic Communities in Historical and Contemporary Perspectives. Directions in Modern Theology, edited by Gregory Jones and James Buckley, Blackwell, 1999.
- S. Beckwith and A. Wharton, eds.. Body, Matter, Spirit. JMEMS, special issue 28.3
- Communities in Transition. JMEMS, special issue 28.2
Essays/Articles/Chapters in Books
- N Bauer, S Beckwith, A Crary, S Laugier, T Moi and L Zerilli. "Introduction." 46
- S. Beckwith. "Language Goes on Holiday: English Allegorical Drama and the Virtue Tradition." JOURNAL OF MEDIEVAL AND EARLY MODERN STUDIES Ed. Jennifer Herdt. 42.1
[Gateway.cgi], [doi] [author's comments]
- S. Beckwith. "William Shakespeare and Stanley Cavell: Acknowledgement, Confession and Tragedy." Stanley Cavell and Literary Studies. Continuum,
- with Beckwith/Aers. "The Eucharist." Cultural Reformations. Ed. James Simpson and Brian Cummings. Oxford University Press,
- S. Beckwith. "Acknowledgement and Confession in Cymbeline." Shakesepeare and Religion: Early Modern and Postmeodern Perspectives. University of Notre Dame Press,
- S. Beckwith. "Shakespeare’s Resurrections." Shakespeare and the Middle Ages. Ed. Curtis Perry and John Watkins. Oxford University Press,
- S. Beckwith. "Middle English Drama." The Cambridge Companion to Middle English Literature. Ed. Larry Scanlon. Cambridge University Press,
- S Beckwith. "Drama."
- D Aers and S Beckwith. "Discerning the Body."
- S. Beckwith. "Medieval Penance, Reformation Repentance and Measure for Measure." Reading the Medieval in Early Modern England. Ed. Gordon McMullan and David Matthews. Cambridge University Press,
193-204. [author's comments]
- S Beckwith. "Long review essay on Catholic Shakespeares." Medieval and Renaissance Drama in England
- S Beckwith. "Preserving, Conserving, Deserving the Past: A Meditation on Ruin in Postwar Britain in five Fragments.." A Place to Believe In: Locating Medieval Landscapes. Ed. Clare Lees and Gillian Overing. Penn State University Press, 2006,
- "The Play of Voice: Acknowledgment, Knowledge and Self-Knowledge in Measure for Measure." Spectacle and Public Performance in the Late Middle Ages and the Renaissance. Ed. Robert Stilman. Brill,
- S. Beckwith. "The Play of Voice: Knowledge, Acknowledgment and Judgement in Measure for Measure." Spectacle and Public Performance in Medieval Europe. Ed. Robert Stillma. Brill,
- S. Beckwith. "Repairs in the Dark: Medieval Penance and Reformation Repentance in Measure for Measure." Reading the Medieval in the Early Modern edited by David Mathews and Gordon MacMullan. Cambridge University Press,
- Sarah Beckwith. "Office,Role,Persona: Martin Marprelate’s Contribution to Theater History." Image and Imagination of the Religious Self in Late Medieval and Early Modern Europe edited by Walter Melion.
- Beckwith. "Preserving, Deserving, Conserving the Past: A Meditation in Fragments on Ruin as Relic in Post War England." eds, Lees and Overing. Ed. Clare Lees and Gillian Overby. State Press,
- "Stephen Greenblatt's Hamlet and the Forms of Oblivion." JMEMS
- S Beckwith. "Absent Presences: Resurrection Theatre in York." Festschrift for Derek Pearsall. Ed. D. Aers, Woodbridge, Boydell and Brewer.
- S Beckwith. ""Pytussely beholde": Duffy, Consolation and the Contemporary Past." Assays. Ed. P. Knapp.
- S Beckwith. "The Present of Past Things: The York Corpus Christi Theatre as a Contemporary Theater of Memory." Journal of Medieval and Early Modern Studies
- S Beckwith. "Sacrum Signum: Sacramentality and Dissent in York’s Theatre of Corpus Christi." Dissent in the Middle Ages. Ed. Rita Copeland. Cambridge UP,
- S Beckwith. "Ritual, Theatre and Social Space in York’s Play of Corpus Christi." Bodies and Disciplines: Intersections of Literature and History in Fifteenth Century England. Ed. Barbara Hanawalt and David Wallace. U of Minnesota P,
- S Beckwith. "Passionate Regulation: Enclosure, Ascesis and the Feminist Imaginary." SAQ 93.4
- S Beckwith. "Making the World in York and the York Corpus Christi Cycle." Framing Medieval Bodies. Ed. Sarah Kay and Miri Rubin. Manchester UP,
- S Beckwith. "Problems of Authority in Late Medieval English Mysticism: Language, Agency and Authority in The Book of Margery Kempe." Exemplaria 4
(1 Mar. 1992): 171-199.
- S Beckwith. "Ritual, Church and Theatre: Medieval Dramas of the Sacramental Body." Culture and History: Essays on English Communities, Identities and Writing 1350-1600. Ed. David Aers, Hemel Hempstead. Harvester,
- S Beckwith. "The Power of Devils and the Hearts of Men: Notes Towards a Drama of Witchcraft." Shakespeare and the Changing Curriculum. Ed. Nigel Wheale and Lesley Aers. Routledge,
- S Beckwith. "A Very Material Mysticism: The Medieval Mysticism of Margery Kempe." Medieval Literature: History, Criticism and Ideology. Ed. David Aers.
- S Beckwith. Are there any women in Shakespeare's plays?: Fiction, representation, and reality in feminist criticism. New Literary History 46.2
(January, 2015): 241-260.
- N Bauer, S Beckwith, A Crary, S Laugier, T Moi and L Zerilli. Feminist Investigations and Other Essays Introduction. NEW LITERARY HISTORY 46.2
(2015): V-XIII. [Gateway.cgi]
- D Aers and S Beckwith. Reform and cultural revolution: Introduction. JOURNAL OF MEDIEVAL AND EARLY MODERN STUDIES 35.1
(2005): 3-11. [Gateway.cgi], [doi]
- S Beckwith. Review of Michal Kobialka’s This is My Body: Representational Practices in the Early Middle Ages. Theatre Journal
- D Aers and S Beckwith. Hermeneutics and ideology: Introduction (Religious writing in the medieval and early modern periods). JOURNAL OF MEDIEVAL AND EARLY MODERN STUDIES 33.2
(2003): 211-213. [Gateway.cgi], [doi]
- S Beckwith. Stephen Greenblatt's 'Hamlet' and the forms of oblivion (Exploring the hermeneutics of the new historicism in early modern English literature). JOURNAL OF MEDIEVAL AND EARLY MODERN STUDIES 33.2
(2003): 261-280. [Gateway.cgi], [doi]
- D Aers and S Beckwith. Introduction - Sacrifice: Medieval and Early Modern. JOURNAL OF MEDIEVAL AND EARLY MODERN STUDIES 31.3
(2001): 443-444. [Gateway.cgi], [doi]
- S Beckwith. The body broken: The Calvinist doctrine of the Eucharist and the symbolization of power in sixteenth-century France. CHURCH HISTORY 69.1
(March, 2000): 183-185. [Gateway.cgi], [doi]
- S Beckwith. Review of Covert Operations: Secrecy in Middle English Literature. Studies in the Age of Chaucer. 1999.
- S Beckwith. Introduction - The cultural work of medieval theater: Ritual practice in England, 1350-1600. JOURNAL OF MEDIEVAL AND EARLY MODERN STUDIES 29.1
(1999): 1-5. [Gateway.cgi]
- S Beckwith. Review of The Body Broken: the Calvinist Doctrine of the Eucharist and the Symbolization of Power in Sixteenth Century France. Church History. 1998.
- S Beckwith. English communities in transition, 1350-1600 - Introduction. JOURNAL OF MEDIEVAL AND EARLY MODERN STUDIES 28.2
(1998): 257-262. [Gateway.cgi]
- S Beckwith. Review of Texts of the Passion: Latin Devotional Literature and Medieval Society. Studies in Philology. 1996
- S Beckwith. Review of Love and Marriage in the Middle Ages by George Duby; Consent and Coercion to Sex and Marriage in Ancient and Medieval Societies, edited by Angeliki E. Laiou; Wife and Widow in Medieval England, edited by Sue Sheridan Walker. Medievalia et Humanistica
- S Beckwith. Review of Feminist Approaches to the Medieval Body. ed. Sarah Stanbury and Linda Lomperis. Speculum. 1995
- S Beckwith. Review of The New Medievalism. ed. Marina Borwnlee, Kevin Brownlee and Stephen Nichols. Envoi: A Review Journal of Medieval Literature. 3.21993
- S Beckwith. Kingsley and the Women. Review of Kingsley Amis’s ’The Old Devils,’ New Socialist.45
- S Beckwith. Women sing the Blues. Review of Wilfrid Mellers’ Angels of the Night, Women’s Review.14/15
- S Beckwith. Steven Berkoff’s Theatre of the Grotesque. Review of Sink the Belgrano, New Socialist.42
- S Beckwith. Schlock up your Daughters. Review of recent ’exploitation’ cinema, New Socialist.40
- S Beckwith. Women beware Barker. Review of Howard Barker’s Women Beware Women, New Socialist.39
- S Beckwith. Review of Geoff Dyer’s Ways of Telling: The Works of John Berger. City Limits.276
- S Beckwith. "The Mind’s Retreat From the Face." (January, 2003).
- S Beckwith. "Skepticism and the Tasks of Theater: Stanley Cavell and the Commitments of Speech." SAQ (January, 2003).
- S Beckwith. "Program notes for Adrian Noble’s Royal Shakespeare Company production of Macbeth for Barbican, Stratford, US tour.." (1993).
- "How to Do Words with Things: Medieval Theatre and the Sacrament of the Word." (). forthcoming; a book of essays on medieval theatre