Susan Willis |
Associate Professor of Literature and English
Office Location: Literature, Durham, NC 27708
Office Phone: (919) 668-6204
B.A., University of California at San Diego
- Ph.D., University of California at San Diego
Modern to Contemporary
Susan Willis is the author of Specifying: Black Women Writing the American Experience (University of Wisconsin Press, 1987) and a book on mass culture, A Primer For Daily Life (Routledge, 1990). She is co-author of Inside the Mouse: Work and Play at Walt Disney World (Duke University Press, 1995).
- Representative Publications
- S Willis, S Jameson, K Klugman and J Kuenz. Strip Cultures: Finding America in Las Vegas. manual. Duke University Press, 2015.
- S Willis. "John Muir's Sojourn in Bonaventure Cemetery." manualThe Good Gardener? Nature, Human, and the Garden. Ed. A Giesecke and N Jacobs. Artifice,
- S Willis. "Bitta-Blue Farm and the Summer of BP." manualEarth Perfect? Nature, Utopia and the Garden. Ed. A Giesecke and N Jacobs. Black Dog,
- S Willis. "The Whole World on a Plate." Situations Ed. Stanley Aronowitz. 111.1Center for the Study of Culture, Technology and Work,
(January, 2009): 151-164.
- S Willis. Cartas a Legba: Um Texto Encontrado. manual. Boitempo, May, 2008. [abs]