Susan Willis |
Associate Professor Emeritus of Literature and English
Office Location: Literature
B.A., University of California at San Diego
- Ph.D., University of California at San Diego
Modern to Contemporary
Susan Willis is the author of Specifying: Black Women Writing the American Experience (University of Wisconsin Press, 1987) and a book on mass culture, A Primer For Daily Life (Routledge, 1990). She is co-author of Inside the Mouse: Work and Play at Walt Disney World (Duke University Press, 1995).
- Representative Publications
- Willis, S; Jameson, S; Klugman, K; Kuenz, J. Strip Cultures: Finding America in Las Vegas. Duke University Press, 2015.
- Willis, S. "John Muir's Sojourn in Bonaventure Cemetery." The Good Gardener? Nature, Human, and the Garden. Ed. Giesecke, A; Jacobs, N. Artifice,
- Willis, S. "Bitta-Blue Farm and the Summer of BP." Earth Perfect? Nature, Utopia and the Garden. Ed. Giesecke, A; Jacobs, N. Black Dog,
- Willis, S. "The Whole World on a Plate." Ed. Stanley Aronowitz. 111.1Center for the Study of Culture, Technology and Work,
- Willis, S. Cartas a Legba: Um Texto Encontrado. Boitempo, May, 2008. [abs]
- More Information:
- retired 6/30/2016