Jonathan ShawClick here for a printer-ready version, or
download as a PDF or Word file.
|Rm 139 Bio Phy Bldg
| (919) 660-7344 (office)
|PhD||University of Michigan||1983|
- Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
Richard Spruce Award, International Association of Bryologiists, December, 2010
- Recent Grant Support
- Digitization TCN: Collaborative Research: North American Lichens and Bryophytes: Sensitive Indicators of Environmental Quality and Change, National Science Foundation, EF-1115001, 2011/07-2015/06.
- ARTS: Collaborative Research: A model systematic treatment of a hyper-diverse lineage descended from early land plants (Frullania, Frullaniaceae, Marchantiophyta)., 1146168, 2012/04-2015/03.
- REVSYS: “Systematics and evolution of the Pacific Rim clade of Sphagnum section Subsecunda, National Science Foundation, 2009/09-2012/09.
- Selected Recent Invited Talks
- Evolution and Biogeography of peatmosses (Sphagnum), Smith College, 20 December 2013
- Evolution and Biogeography of peatmosses (Sphagnum), Brazilian Botanical Congress, Key-Note Address, 20 December 2013
- Biogeography and Evolution of Sphagnum, Ohio State University, May 5, 2012
- Biography of Northern Hemisphere Peatmosses, Norwgian University of Science and Technology, January, 2012
- Diversity and evolution of peatmosses (Sphagnum), Oak Ridge National Laboratory, March 2011
- Biogeography and population genetics of peatmosses (Sphagnum), International Botanical Congress, Melbourne Australia, August 06, 2011
- Phylogeny of liverworts, International Botanical Congress, Melbourne Australia, August 05, 2011
- The Evolution of Sphagnum, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, November 19, 2010
- Symposium Introduction, Highlands Biological Station, 21 December 2007
- Plant Science seminar, North Carolina State University, November 16, 2006
- Evolution program seminar, Shanghai Normal University, September 22, 2006
- Molecular approach to biodiversity patterns in peatmosses (Sphagnum), Michigan State University, October, 2005
- Molecular biodiversity of peatmosses, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, 5 January 2005
- Phylogeny and Biodiversity of Mosses, University of Goettingen, Germany, September, 2004
- Keynote address: Systematics and biodiversity of peatmosses (Sphagnum), Uppsala Sweden and Trondheim, Norway, 10 August 2002
- Biogeography of the genus Sphagnum, Norwgian University of Science and Technology, January 2026, 2012
- Publications (listed separately)
Last modified: 2013/12/20