A. Jonathan ShawClick here for a printer-ready version, or
download as a PDF or Word file.
|Box 90338, Durham, NC 27708-0338
|| (919) 660-7344 (office)
|Ph.D.||University of Michigan at Ann Arbor||1983|
|M.S.||University of Alberta (Canada)||1980|
- Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
Richard Spruce Award, International Association of Bryologiists, December, 2010
William Starling Sullivant Award, American Bryological and Lichenological Society
- Recent Grant Support
- DISSERTATION RESEARCH: Diversity and Functions of Interactions Between the Liverwort Marchantia Polymorpha and its Fungal Endophytes, National Science Foundation, 1501826, 2015/06-2017/05.
- ARTS: Collaborative Research: A Model Systematic Treatment of a Hyper-Diverse Line, National Science Foundation, 2012/04-2017/03.
- Applying methods for the study of plant microbe interactions, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 4000136975, 2015/02-2016/12.
- Collaborative Research:AToL: Assembling the Pleurocarp Tree of Life: Resolving the Rapid Radiation Using Genomics and, National Science Foundation, DEB-1239980, 2013/01-2016/12.
- ARTS: Collaborative Research: A model systematic treatment of a hyper-diverse lineage descended from early land plants (Frullania, Frullaniaceae, Marchantiophyta)., 1146168, 2012/04-2015/03.
- REVSYS: Systematics and evolution of the "Pacific Rim Clade", National Science Foundation, DEB-0918998, 2006/03-2014/07.
- Selected Recent Invited Talks
- Evolution and Biogeography of peatmosses (Sphagnum), Smith College, 20 December 2013
- Evolution and Biogeography of peatmosses (Sphagnum), Brazilian Botanical Congress, Key-Note Address, 20 December 2013
- Biogeography and Evolution of Sphagnum, Ohio State University, May 5, 2012
- Biography of Northern Hemisphere Peatmosses, Norwgian University of Science and Technology, January, 2012
- Diversity and evolution of peatmosses (Sphagnum), Oak Ridge National Laboratory, March 2011
- Biogeography and population genetics of peatmosses (Sphagnum), International Botanical Congress, Melbourne Australia, August 06, 2011
- Phylogeny of liverworts, International Botanical Congress, Melbourne Australia, August 05, 2011
- The Evolution of Sphagnum, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, November 19, 2010
- Symposium Introduction, Highlands Biological Station, 21 December 2007
- Plant Science seminar, North Carolina State University, November 16, 2006
- Evolution program seminar, Shanghai Normal University, September 22, 2006
- Molecular approach to biodiversity patterns in peatmosses (Sphagnum), Michigan State University, October, 2005
- Molecular biodiversity of peatmosses, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, 5 January 2005
- Phylogeny and Biodiversity of Mosses, University of Goettingen, Germany, September, 2004
- Keynote address: Systematics and biodiversity of peatmosses (Sphagnum), Uppsala Sweden and Trondheim, Norway, 10 August 2002
- Biogeography of the genus Sphagnum, Norwgian University of Science and Technology, January 2026, 2012
- Publications (listed separately)
Last modified: 2016/12/02