Victoria E SzaboClick here for a printer-ready version, or
download as a PDF or Word file.
114 S. Buchanan Blvd.
ACT Warehouse, Bay 12
Durham, NC 27708
|Ph.D. in English||University of Rochester||2000|
|Certificate in Gender and Women's Studies||University of Rochester||1996|
|B.A. in English||Williams College||1990|
- Areas of Research
new media, visual studies, digital humanities, maps, virtual worlds, multimodal archives
- Areas of Interest
- virtual worlds
database driven narratives
- Professional Experience / Employment History
- Duke University
- Program Director, Information Science + Information Studies, August 01, 2006 - August 31, 2009
- Staff adminstrative director.
- Stanford University
- Academic Technology Manager and IHUM Lecturer, Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, 2001 - 2006
- Academic Technology program manager and team leader. Also Lecturer in the Introduction to the Humanities Program. http://ihum.stanford.edu
- Academic Technology Specialist, Introduction to the Humanities/Stanford University Libraries, 1999 - 2001
- Grinnell College
- Instructional Multimedia Specialist, 1997 - 1998
- Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
Co-Director, FHI GreaterThanGames Lab, Franklin Humanities Institute, April, 2011
Institute for Enabling Geospatial Scholarship, University of Virginia Scholar's Lab/NEH, May, 2010
Co-Convener, Interdisciplinary Working Group - Experiencing Virtual Worlds, Franklin Humanities Institute, 2009-2010; renewed for 2010-11
Grant: RENCI VIsualization Grant, Renaissance Computing Institute, 2010
- Recent Grant Support
- Franklin Humanities Institute GreaterThanGames Lab, Duke University, 2007/01-2014/06.
- Wired! - New Technologies and the Visual Arts: Reconfiguring Knowledge in the Digital Age, Franklin Humanities Institute, Duke University, 2011/07-2012/06.
- Publications (listed separately)
Last modified: 2012/05/02