- Ph.D., University of Rochester, 1977
- M.A., Michigan State University, 1970
- M.S., California Institute of Technology, 1969
- B.S., Rochester Institute of Technology, 1966
Literature, Science and Technology
Recent Publications (More Publications)
Articles in a Journal
Articles in a Collection
- NK Hayles. "Quirks of the Quantum: Postmodernism and Contemporary American Literature." NOVEL-A FORUM ON FICTION 48.1 (May, 2015): 148-150. [Gateway.cgi], [doi]
- "Greg Egan'sandContributions to the Millennial Reassessment of Consciousness and the Cognitive Nonconscious." Science Fiction Studies 42.1 (March, 2015): 56-77. [doi]
- NK Hayles. "Brain imaging and the epistemology of vision: Daniel Suarez's daemon and freedom." MFS - Modern Fiction Studies 61.2 (January, 2015): 320-334.
- NK Hayles. "RFID: Human Agency and Meaning in Information-Intensive Environments." Throughout MIT Press, November, 2015.
- NK Hayles. "Beyond Human Scale: Steve Tomasula's "The Book of Portraiture"." Steve Tomasula: The Art and Science of New Media Fiction Bloomsbury, 2015.