Mohammad W. Ahmed, Adjunct Associate Professor
Office Location: 416 Tunl, Durham, NC 27708
Office Phone: (919) 660-2630
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Page: http://www.tunl.duke.edu
Experimental nuclear physics
Ph.D., University of Houston, 1999
B.S., University of Houston, 1994
Research Description: Study of few nucleon systems with hadronic and gamma-ray probes. Primary experiments involve study of the Gerasimov-Drell-Hern sum rule for the deuteron, Photodisintegration of the deuteron below pion-threshold, Compton scattering on nuclear targets, and Pion-Nucleon scattering using photo-pion production at the High Intensity Gamma Ray Source (HIGS). The efforts at Triangle University Nuclear Laboratory (TUNL) includes determination of the analyzing power of the astrophysically important n-p capture reaction, and partial wave amplitudes for the GDH integrand. In addition, Dr. Ahmed is also the co-lead in the developement of the data acquisition systems at TUNL/HIGS.
- W Tornow and MWAE al, Photodisintegration cross section of the reaction 4He(g,n)3He at the giant dipole resonance peak, W. Tornow, M. W. Ahmed et. al.,
Physical Review, vol. C 85
pp. 061001 .
- LSMMWAE al, Compton Scattering from 6Li,
Physical Review, vol. C 86
pp. 044614 .
- MABMWABA Perdue, HRWBBRE Pywell, WAWRISKB Norum and KWJLSFMVGPYKWBD Sawatzky, First observation of the splittings of the E1 p-wave amplitudes in low energy deuteron photodisintegration and its implications for the Gerasimov-Drell-Hearn Sum Rule integrand,
Phys. Rev., vol. C78 no. 034003
(January, 2013) .
- MW Ahmed, MA Blackston, BA Perdue, W Tornow, HR Weller, B Norum, B Sawatzky, RM Prior and M Spraker, Study of Near-Threshold Deuteron Photodisintegration: An Indirect Determination of the
Gerasimov-Drell-Hearn (GDH) Sum Rule and Forward Spin Polarizability ($\gamma_0$) for the Deuteron
at Low Energies,
Phys. Rev. C77, 044005
(January, 2013) .
- A Sabourov, MW Ahmed, MA Blackston, AS Crowell, CR Howell, K Joshi, SO Nelson, BA Perdue, K Sabourov, A Tonchev and HR Weller, The 7Li(d-vector,n0)8Be and 7Li(d-vector,n1)8Be reactions below 160 keV,
Physical Review, vol. C74
pp. 064611 .
- Current Ph.D. Students