Mohammad W. Ahmed, Adjunct Associate Professor
Office Location: 416 Tunl, Durham, NC 27708
Office Phone: (919) 660-2630
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Page: http://www.tunl.duke.edu
Experimental nuclear physics
Ph.D., University of Houston, 1999
B.S., University of Houston, 1994
Research Description: Study of few nucleon systems with hadronic and gamma-ray probes. Primary experiments involve study of the Gerasimov-Drell-Hern sum rule for the deuteron, Photodisintegration of the deuteron below pion-threshold, Compton scattering on nuclear targets, and Pion-Nucleon scattering using photo-pion production at the High Intensity Gamma Ray Source (HIGS). The efforts at Triangle University Nuclear Laboratory (TUNL) includes determination of the analyzing power of the astrophysically important n-p capture reaction, and partial wave amplitudes for the GDH integrand. In addition, Dr. Ahmed is also the co-lead in the developement of the data acquisition systems at TUNL/HIGS.
- Spraker, MC; Ahmed, MW; Blackston, MA; Brown, N; III, FRH; Henshaw, SS; Perdue, BA; Prior, RM; Seo, P-N; Stave, S; Weller, HR, The B-11(p,alpha)Be-8 -> alpha plus alpha and the B-11(alpha,alpha)B-11 Reactions at Energies Below 5.4 MeV,
Journal of Fusion Energy, vol. 31 no. 4
pp. 357-367 [Gateway.cgi], [doi] .
- Raut, R; Tornow, W; Ahmed, MW; Crowell, AS; Kelley, JH; Rusev, G; Stave, SC; Tonchev, AP, Photodisintegration cross section of the reaction (4)He(γ,p)(3)H between 22 and 30 MeV.,
Physical Review Letters, vol. 108 no. 4
pp. 042502 , [doi] [abs].
- Mueller, JM; Ahmed, MW; Davis, B; Hall, JM; Henshaw, SS; Johnson, MS; Karwowski, HJ; Markoff, D; Myers, LS; Perdue, BA; Stave, S; Tompkins, JR; Tuffley, MJ; Weller, HR, Measurement of prompt neutron polarization asymmetries in photofission of U-235,U-238, Pu-239, and Th-232,
Physical Review C - Nuclear Physics, vol. 85 no. 1
pp. 014605 [Gateway.cgi], [doi] .
- Tornow, W; al, MWAE, Photodisintegration cross section of the reaction 4He(g,n)3He at the giant dipole resonance peak, W. Tornow, M. W. Ahmed et. al.,
Physical Review, vol. C 85
pp. 061001 .
- al, LSMMWAE, Compton Scattering from 6Li,
Physical Review, vol. C 86
pp. 044614 .
- Current Ph.D. Students