Shailesh Chandrasekharan, Associate Professor and Director, Graduate Studies
Office Location: 253 Physics
Office Phone: (919) 660-2462
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Page: http://www.phy.duke.edu/~sch/
Theoretical nuclear physics
Theoretical particle physics and string theory
Theoretical condensed matter physics
Doctor of Philosophy, Columbia, 1995
B. Tech, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India, 1989
Research Categories: Theoretical Nuclear and Particle Physics
Quantum Critical Behavior in Fermion Systems, Using the generalized fermion bag algorithm, Applications to Graphene and Unitary Fermi Gas.
Research Description: Prof. Chandrasekharan is interested in non-perturbative aspects of Quantum Field Theories. His research focuses on Lattice Field Theories with emphasis on strongly correlated fermionic systems. He develops novel Monte-Carlo algorithms to study these problems.
Areas of Interest:
Quantum Field Theories, Lattice formulations,
Critical Phenomena and Monte Carlo Algorithms.
- Chandrasekharan, Shailesh, Fermion Bag Solutions to Sign Problems,
Proceedings of Science, vol. Lattice2012
pp. 224 .
- Chandrasekharan, Shailesh, Solutions to sign problems in lattice Yukawa models,
Phys. Rev. D, vol. 86
pp. 021701, American Physical Society [PhysRevD.86.021701], [doi] .
- Chandrasekharan, Shailesh and Li, Anyi, Fermion bag solutions to some sign problems in four-fermion field theories,
Phys. Rev. D, vol. 85
pp. 091502, American Physical Society [PhysRevD.85.091502], [doi] .
- Chandrasekharan, Shailesh and Li, Anyi, Fermion Bags, Duality, and the Three Dimensional Massless Lattice Thirring Model,
Phys. Rev. Lett., vol. 108
pp. 140404, American Physical Society [PhysRevLett.108.140404], [doi] .
- S. Chandrasekharan and A. Li, The generalized fermion bag approach,
Proceedings of Science, vol. Lattice 2011
pp. 058 .
- Current Ph.D. Students
- Postdocs Mentored
- Anyi Li (2009 - 2011)
- Jose A. Hoyos Neto (2007 - 2009)
- Ji-Woo Lee (2003/09-2005/08)
- Jaebeom Yoo (2003/09-2005/08)
- Costas Strouthos (2003/01-2004/01)
- David H. Adams (2001/12-2002/08)
- James C Osborn (1999/09-2001/08)