David R. Smith, James B. Duke Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Professor of Physics
Office Location: 130 Hudson Hall
Office Phone: 919-660-5252
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD, University of California, San Diego, 1994
BS, University of California, San Diego, 1988
Areas of Interest:
- H. T. Chen and S. Palit and T. Tyler and C. M. Bingham and J. M. O. Zide and J. F. O'hara and D. R. Smith and A. C. Gossard and R. D. Averitt and W. J. Padilla and N. M. Jokerst and A. J. Taylor, Hybrid metamaterials enable fast electrical modulation of freely propagating terahertz waves,
Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93 no. 9
(September, 2008) [abs].
- J. J. Mock and R. T. Hill and A. Degiron and S. Zauscher and A. Chilkoti and D. R. Smith, Distance-dependent plasmon resonant coupling between a gold nanoparticle and gold film,
Nano Letters, vol. 8 no. 8
pp. 2245 -- 2252 [abs].
- D. S. Sebba and J. J. Mock and D. R. Smith and T. H. Labean and A. A. Lazarides, Reconfigurable core-satellite nanoassemblies as molecularly-driven plasmonic switches,
Nano Letters, vol. 8 no. 7
pp. 1803 -- 1808 [abs].
- M. Rahm and D. A. Roberts and J. B. Pendry and D. R. Smith, Transformation-optical design of adaptive beam bends and beam expanders,
Optics Express, vol. 16 no. 15
pp. 11555 -- 11567 [abs].
- T. Driscoll and S. Palit and M. M. Qazilbash and M. Brehm and F. Keilmann and B. G. Chae and S. J. Yun and H. T. Kim and S. Y. Cho and N. M. Jokerst and D. R. Smith and D. N. Basov, Dynamic tuning of an infrared hybrid-metamaterial resonance using vanadium dioxide,
Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93 no. 2
(July, 2008) [abs].