Dewey T Lawson, Adjunct Professor
Office Location: Room 184
Office Phone: (919) 688-3249, (919) 660-2518
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Page: http://www.phy.duke.edu/~dtl/
Ph.D., Duke University, 1972
Research Categories: Acoustics
Research Description: Acoustics has been the common thread connecting Prof. Lawson's various research interests, which have included phonon scattering in solid helium-4, zero sound propagation in normal and superfluid phases of liquid helium-3, restoration of human hearing through direct electrical stimulation of the inner ear and brainstem, the psychophysics of music perception, and musical acoustics.
Teaching (Spring 2014):
- Physics 89s.01, First-year seminar (top)
- Perkins 2-060, TuTh 03:05 PM-04:20 PM
- E Buss, HC Pillsbury, CA Buchman, CH Pillsbury, MS Clark, DS Haynes, RF Labadie, S Amberg, PS Roland, P Kruger, MA Novak, JA Wirth, JM Black, R Peters, J Lake, PA Wackym, JB Firszt, BS Wilson, DT Lawson, R Schatzer, PS D'Haese, AL Barco, Multicenter U.S. Bilateral MED-EL Cochlear Implantation Study: Speech Perception over the First Year of Use.,
(December, 2007) [abs].
- BS Wilson, R Schatzer, EA Lopez-Poveda, X Sun, DT Lawson, RD Wolford, Two new directions in speech processor design for cochlear implants.,
Ear and hearing, United States, vol. 26 no. 4 Suppl
pp. 73S-81S [abs].
- BS Wilson, DT Lawson, JM Muller, RS Tyler, J Kiefer, Cochlear implants: some likely next steps.,
Annual review of biomedical engineering, United States, vol. 5
pp. 207-49 [abs].
- DT Lawson, BS Wilson, M Zerbi, C van den Honert, CC Finley, JC Farmer, JT McElveen, PA Roush, Bilateral cochlear implants controlled by a single speech processor.,
The American journal of otology, UNITED STATES, vol. 19 no. 6
pp. 758-61 [abs].
- BS Wilson, S Rebscher, FG Zeng, RV Shannon, GE Loeb, DT Lawson, M Zerbi, Design for an inexpensive but effective cochlear implant.,
Otolaryngology--head and neck surgery : official journal of American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, UNITED STATES, vol. 118 no. 2
pp. 235-41 [abs].
- BS Wilson, CC Finley, DT Lawson, M Zerbi, Temporal representations with cochlear implants.,
The American journal of otology, UNITED STATES, vol. 18 no. 6 Suppl
pp. S30-4 [abs].
- DT Lawson, BS Wilson, CC Finley, M Zerbi, LA Cartee, PA Roush, JC Farmer, DL Tucci, Cochlear implant studies at Research Triangle Institute and Duke University Medical Center.,
Scandinavian audiology. Supplementum, DENMARK, vol. 46
pp. 50-64 [abs].