Glenn Edwards, Professor
Office Location: 2314 French
Office Phone: (919) 660-2674
Email Address: email@example.com
Research Categories: Free Electron Laser Laboratory
Research Description: Prof. Edwards is is Director of the Duke Free-Electron
Laser (FEL) Laboratory. His interests center on
biological physics and FEL applications. Experimental
research activities include vibrational dynamics of
biological macromolecules with applications to protein
disassembly and fracture, photothermal chemistry and
photochemistry of biological macromolecules with
applications to molecular and cell biology, and the
development of novel spectroscopic techniques using
FEL light sources. Theoretical research activities
include modeling the solvent-DNA interface to better
understand vibrational energy transfer.
- Heng Lu, Adam Sokolow, Daniel P. Kiehart, and Glenn S. Edwards, Turgor pressure and dorsal closure zipping dynamics during Drosophila development
(Submitted, 2012) .
- Adam Sokolow, Yusuke Toyama, Dan Kiehart, and Glenn Edwards, Cell Ingression and Apical Shape Oscillations During Dorsal Closure in Drosophila,
Biophysical Journal, vol. 102
pp. 969-979 .
- Anita T. Layton, Yusuke Toyama, Guo-Qiang Yang, Glenn S. Edwards, Daniel P. Kiehart, and Stephanos Venakides, Drosophila Morphogenesis: Tissue Force Laws and the Modeling of Dorsal Closure,
Human Frontier Science Program Journal, vol. 3 no. 6
pp. doi:10.2976/1.3266062 .
- Wolfgang Wagner, Adam Sokolow, Robert Pearlstein, and Glenn Edwards, Thermal Vapor Bubble and Pressure Dynamics During Infrared Laser Ablation of Tissue,
Applied Physics Letters, vol. 94 no. 013901
- W.D. Bush, J. Garguilo, F. A. Zucca, C. Bellei, R.J. Nemanich, G.S. Edwards, L. Zecca, and J. Simon, Neuromelanins Isolated From Different Regions of the Brain Exhibit a Common Surface Photoionization Threshold,
Photochemistry and Photobiology, vol. 85
pp. 387-390 .
- Current Ph.D. Students
- Postdocs Mentored
- Adam C. Sokolow (May, 2011 - September, 2012)
- Heng Lu (October 2010 - present)
- Wolfgang Wagner (2006 - 2007)
- Yusuke Toyama (August 1, 2003 - March 31, 2010)
- Xomalin Peralta (2002 - 2007)
- Suzanne Hauger (1999/10-2000/06)
- M. Shane Hutson (1999/10-2003/08)
- Brian Keay (1996/04-1999/08)