Gleb Finkelstein, Associate Professor
Office Location: 093 Physics
Office Phone: 919-660-2523
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Page: http://www.phy.duke.edu/~gleb/
Experimental condensed matter physics
PhD, Weizmann Institute of Science, 1999
Research Categories: Nanophysics and Biophysics
Electronic transport in carbon nanotubes and graphene;, Inorganic nanostructures based on self-assembled DNA scaffolds;, Low-temperature scanning microscopy (AFM);, New probes for intracellular neuronal recordings., Ultra-sharp probes for Intracellular Neuronal Recordings.
Research Description: Gleb Finkelstein is an experimental physicist interested in inorganic and biologically inspired nanostructures: carbon nanotubes, graphene, nanocrystals and self-assembled DNA 'origami'. These objects reveal a variety of interesting electronic properties that may become a basis for future devices and sensors. His group's research is evenly divided between studies of electronic properties of nanostructures, and DNA self-assembly. Recently, he started a collaborative project on developing novel probes for intracellular neural recording.
- Henok T. Mebrahtu, Ivan V. Borzenets, Dong E. Liu, Huaixiu Zheng, Yuriy V. Bomze, Alex I. Smirnov, Harold U. Baranger, and Gleb Finkelstein, Quantum phase transition in a resonant level coupled to interacting leads,
Nature, vol. 488
(August 2, 2012),
pp. 61 [html], [doi] [abs].
- I.V. Borzenets, I. Yoon, M.W. Prior, B.R. Donald, R.D. Mooney, and G. Finkelstein, Ultra-sharp metal and nanotube-based probes for applications in scanning microscopy and neural recording,,
Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 111 no. 074703
pp. 074703 [abs] [author's comments].
- Inho Yoon, Kosuke Hamaguchi, Ivan V. Borzenets, Gleb Finkelstein, Richard Mooney, and Bruce R. Donald, Intracellular neural recording with pure carbon nanotube probes,
(Submitted, 2012) [abs].
- I. Borzenets, U.C. Coskun, H. Mebrahtu, and G. Finkelstein, Pb-graphene-Pb Josephson junctions: characterization in magnetic field,
IEEE transactions on Applied Superconductivity, vol. 22
pp. 1800104 [abs].
- P. Li, P.M. Wu, Y. Bomze, I.V. Borzenets, G. Finkelstein and A.M. Chang, Retrapping current, self-heating, and hysteretic current-voltage characteristics in ultranarrow superconducting aluminum nanowires,
Physical Review B, vol. 84
pp. 184508 [e184508], [doi] .
- Current Ph.D. Students
- Postdocs Mentored
- Sarah Goldberg (October 1, 2009 - August 01, 2011)
- Ulas Coskun (February, 2007 - August, 2009)
- Yurij Bomze (2006 - 2011)
- Yuriy Bomze (July, 2006 - August 31, 2011)
- Adriana Biasco (January 01, 2006 - December 31, 2006)
- Alexey Zhukov (October 1, 2003 - February 28, 2006)