Thomas C. Katsouleas, Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering (primary) and Professor of Physics, Dean of Engineering
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD Physics, University of California, Los Angeles, 1984
B.S. Physics, University of California, Los Angeles, 1979
- E. Kallos and T. Katsouleas and W. D. Kimura and K. Kusche and P. Muggli and I. Pavlishin and I. Pogorelsky and D. Stolyarov and V. Yakimenko, High-gradient plasma-wakefield acceleration with two subpicosecond electron bunches,
Physical Review Letters, vol. 1 no. 7
(February, 2008) .
- C. Huang and W. Lu and M. Zhou and C. E. Clayton and C. Joshi and W. B. Mori and P. Muggli and S. Deng and E. Oz and T. Katsouleas and M. J. Hogan and I. Blumenfeld and F. J. Decker and R. Ischebeck and R. H. Iverson and N. A. Kirby and D. Walz, Hosing instability in the blow-out regime for plasma-wakefield acceleration,
Physical Review Letters, vol. 99 no. 25
(December, 2007) .
- I. Blumenfeld and C. E. Clayton and F. J. Decker and M. J. Hogan and C. K. Huang and R. Ischebeck and R. Iverson and C. Joshi and T. Katsouleas and N. Kirby and W. Lu and K. A. Marsh and W. B. Mori and P. Muggli and E. Oz and R. H. Siemann and D. Walz and M. M. Zhou, Energy doubling of 42 GeV electrons in a metre-scale plasma wakefield accelerator,
Nature, vol. 445 no. 7129
pp. 741 -- 744 .
- E. Oz and S. Deng and T. Katsouleas and P. Muggli and C. D. Barnes and I. Blumenfeld and F. J. Decker and P. Emma and M. J. Hogan and R. Ischebeck and R. H. Iverson and N. Kirby and P. Krejcik and C. O'connell and R. H. Siemann and D. Walz and D. Auerbach and C. E. Clayton and C. Huang and D. K. Johnson and C. Joshi and W. Lu and K. A. Marsh and W. B. Mori and M. Zhou, Ionization-induced electron trapping in ultrarelativistic plasma wakes,
Physical Review Letters, vol. 98 no. 8
(February, 2007) .
- T. Katsouleas, Plasma physics - On the node of a wave,
Nature, vol. 444 no. 7120
pp. 688 -- 689 .
Tom Katsouleas is a specialist in the use of plasmas as novel particle accelerators and light sources. His work has been featured on the covers of Physical Review Letters, Scientific American, the CERN Courier and Nature. He has authored or co-authored over 200 publications and given more than 50 major invited talks.