Warren S. Warren, James B. Duke Professor of Chemistry, Professor of Radiology, Biomedical Engineering & Physics (primary appt: Chemistry)
Office Location: 2217 FFSC
Office Phone: (919) 660-1604
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Page: http://www.chem.duke.edu/~wwarren
Biomolecular Structure and Function
Theory and Modeling
PhD, University of California, Berkeley, 1980
MS, University of California, Berkeley, 1979
A.B. - Chemistry and Physics, summa cum laude, Harvard University, 1977
Research Description: Our work focuses on the design and application of what might best be called novel pulsed techniques, using controlled radiation fields to alter dynamics. The heart of the work is chemical physics, and most of what we do is ultrafast laser spectroscopy or nuclear magnetic resonance. It generally involves an intimate mixture of theory and experiment: recent publications are roughly an equal mix of pencil- and-paper theory, computer calculations with our workstations, and experiments. Collaborations also play an important role, particularly for medical applications.
Teaching (Spring 2014):
- Chem 541.01, Quantum chemistry
- Lsrc d243, WF 08:30 AM-09:45 AM
- Chem 590-1.01, Special topics in chemistry
- French sci 2237, TuTh 07:30 PM-08:45 PM
- A.M. Stokes, Y. Feng, T. Mitropoulos, and W.S. Warren, Enhanced refocusing of fat signals using optimized multipulse echo sequences,
Magn Reson Med no. 69
pp. 1044-1055 .
- M.J. Simpson, J.W. Wilson, F.E. Robles, M.A. Selim, M. Phipps, and W.S. Warren, Investigating the metastatic potential and pigment chemistry of melanomas using pump-probe imaging,
pp. 8565-3 .
- J.W. Wilson, L. Vajzovic, F.E. Robles, T.J. Cummings, P. Mruthyunjaya, and W.S. Warren, Imaging pigment chemistry in melanocytic conjunctival lesions with pump-probe microscopy,
pp. 8567-18 .
- J.W. Wilson, S. Degan, M.C. Fischer, and W.S. Warren, Optical clearing and multiphoton imaging of paraffin-embedded specimens,
pp. 8588-40 .
- F.E. Robles, J.W. Wilson, M.C. Fischer, and W.S. Warren, Phasor analysis for pump-probe microscopy,
pp. 8589-8 .
- Current Ph.D. Students
- Zhijian Zhou
- Ryan Davis
- Kevin Claytor
- Mary Jane Simpson
- Tana Villafana
- Jongkang Park
- Yesu Feng
- Postdocs Mentored
- Sanghamitra Deb (2013/01-present)
- Hyejin Yoo (2013/01-present)
- Francisco Robles (2012 - present)
- Simone Degan (2010 - present)
- Jesse Wilson (2010 - present)