David Rosin, Visiting Scholar
Office Location: 183 Physics
Office Phone: (919) 660-2500
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nonlinear dynamics and complex systems
M.Sc., Technische Universität Berlin, 2011
Ph.D. Candidate, Duke University and TU Berlin
- Dynamics and control of networks
- Artificial neural networks
- Neuromorphic computing
- Physical generation of random numbers
- Excitability in optic and electronic systems
Autonomous logic gates on FPGAs can be used to realize networks in the laboratory to study and exploit their dynamics. These networks have chaotic, oscillatory and excitable dynamics that are useful for the generation of true random numbers and neuromorphic computing.
- D. P. Rosin, D. Rontani, D. J. Gauthier, and E. Schöll, Control of Synchronization Patterns in Neural-like Boolean Networks,
Phys. Rev. Lett., vol. 110 no. 104102
(2013) [pdf] .
- D. P. Rosin, D. Rontani, and D. J. Gauthier, Ultra-Fast Generation of True Random Numbers Using Hybrid Boolean Networks
(2013) (submitted.) [pdf] .
- D. P. Rosin, D. Rontani, D. J. Gauthier and E. Schöll, Excitability in autonomous Boolean networks,
Europhys. Lett., vol. 100
pp. 30003 [pdf] .
- D. P. Rosin, K. E. Callan, D. J. Gauthier and E. Schöll, Pulse-train solutions and excitability in an optoelectronic oscillator,
Europhys. Lett., vol. 96
pp. 34001 [pdf] .
- A. Panchuk, D. P. Rosin, P. Hövel, E. Schöll, Synchronization of coupled neural oscillators with heterogeneous delays
(2013) (Accepted in Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A.) [pdf] .