Anirudh Krishna, Professor of Public Policy and Political Science and Associate Dean for International Academic Programs and Affiliate, Duke Global Health Institute of Duke Global Health Institute
- Contact Info:
Teaching (Fall 2016):
- PUBPOL 301.002, POL ANALY PUB POL MAKING
- Sanford 03, MW 10:05 AM-11:20 AM
- PUBPOL 301.04D, POL ANALY PUB POL MAKING
- Sanford 102, F 12:00 PM-12:50 PM
- PUBPOL 301.05D, POL ANALY PUB POL MAKING
- Sanford 150, F 01:40 PM-02:30 PM
- PUBPOL 301.06D, POL ANALY PUB POL MAKING
- Sanford 102, F 10:20 AM-11:10 AM
- Ph.D., Cornell University, 2000
- M.P.S., Cornell University, 1995
- M.A., Delhi School of Economics, 1980
- B.A., University of Delhi (India), 1978
- Research Interests: Poverty and Democracy in Developing Countries
Beyond Poverty: Prospects for Social Mobility, Connecting Democracy with the People: Institutions in the Middle, Internal Migration: How do People Move from Rural Areas to Cities, and What do they Experience?
- Areas of Interest:
- Poverty dynamics
Participation in Democracy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recent Publications
- A Krishna, MS Sriram and P Prakash, Slum types and adaptation strategies: identifying policy-relevant differences in Bangalore,
Environment and Urbanization, vol. 26 no. 2
pp. 568-585 [doi] .
- A Krishna and G Schober, The Gradient of Governance: Distance and Disengagement in Indian Villages,
Journal of Development Studies, vol. 50 no. 6
pp. 820-838 [doi] [abs].
- A Krishna, Making it in india examining social mobility in three walks of life,
Economic and Political Weekly, vol. 48 no. 49
pp. 38-49 [abs].
- A Krishna and K Ananthpur, Distance and Diseases: Spatial Health Disparities in Rural India.,
Millennial Asia (Inaugural Sage Edition)
(January, 2013) .
- A. Krishna, Examining the Structures of Opportunity and Social Mobility in India: Who Becomes an Engineer,
Development and Change