Anirudh Krishna, Professor of Public Policy and Political Science and Associate Dean for International Academic Programs and Affiliate, Duke Global Health Institute of Duke Global Health Institute
- Contact Info:
- Ph.D., Cornell University, 2000
- M.P.S., Cornell University, 1995
- M.A., Delhi School of Economics, 1980
- B.A., University of Delhi (India), 1978
- Research Interests: Poverty and Democracy in Developing Countries
Beyond Poverty: Prospects for Social Mobility, Connecting Democracy with the People: Institutions in the Middle, Internal Migration: How do People Move from Rural Areas to Cities, and What do they Experience?
- Areas of Interest:
- Poverty dynamics
Participation in Democracy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recent Publications
- Krishna, A; Bajpai, D, Layers in globalising society and the new middle class in India: Trends, distribution and prospects,
Economic and Political Weekly: a journal of current economic and political affairs, vol. 50 no. 5
pp. 69-77 [abs].
- Krishna, A, The urban-rural gap and the dilemma of governance,
Current History, vol. 114 no. 775
pp. 291-297 .
- Krishna, A; Sriram, MS; Prakash, P, Slum types and adaptation strategies: identifying policy-relevant differences in Bangalore,
Environment and Urbanization, vol. 26 no. 2
pp. 568-585 [doi] .
- Krishna, A; Schober, G, The Gradient of Governance: Distance and Disengagement in Indian Villages,
Journal of Development Studies, vol. 50 no. 6
pp. 820-838 [doi] [abs].
- Krishna, A, Making it in india examining social mobility in three walks of life,
Economic and Political Weekly: a journal of current economic and political affairs, vol. 48 no. 49
pp. 38-49 [abs].