David SoskiceClick here for a printer-ready version, or
download as a PDF file.
|Box 90204, Durham, NC 27708-0204
|M.A.||University of Oxford (UK)||1968|
|Economics||Nuffield College, Oxford||1967|
|Philosophy, Politics and Economics||Trinity College, Oxford||1964|
|B.A.||Trinity International University College of Arts and Sciences||1964|
- Areas of Research
Varieties of Capitalism, Comparative Political Economy, Macroeconomics and Labor Markets. Capitalism and Politics.
- Professional Experience / Employment History
- Oxford University
- Research Professor of Comparative Political Economy and Senior Research Fellow, Nuffield College, 2007 -
- London School of Economics
- School Centennial Professor, 2004 - 2007
- Duke University
- Research Professor, Department of Political Science, 2001-2008
- each Spring semester
- Wissenschaftszentrum fur Sozialforschung Berlin (WZB)
- Research Professor, previously Director, Research Area: Employment and Economic Change, 1990 - present
- (Until retirement, 2007)
- University College, Oxford; and University of Oxford
- Official Fellow (from 1979, the Mynor Fellow), now Emeritus Fellow, in Economics; University Lecturer, 1967-1990
- Visiting Positions
- Visiting Professor of Government, Harvard University, Spring Semester 2007
- Forrest Mars Sr Visiting Professor of Political Science, Yale University, Spring Semester 2004
- Phillip Morris Professor of International Business Strategy, Scuola Superiore di St Anna, Pisa, May 2003
- Mary and James H Semans Distinguished International Visiting Professor, Duke University, 2001
- Visiting Professor, Scuola Superiore di St. Anna, Pisa, 2000 - 2002
- European Union Scholar, Duke University, March 1999
- Marshall-Monnet Lecturer, University of Wisconsin at Madison, September 1999
- Visiting Professor, London School of Economics, 1998-2000
- Adjunct Research Professor, Australian National University, 1998 - present
- Visiting Fellow, Australian National University, Canberra, January 1996
- Guest Professor, University of Trento, November 1995
- working with Professors Esping-Andersen and
- Visiting Scholar, Center for Advanced Studies in the Behavioural Sciences, Stanford University, March, April 1992
- Visiting Lecturer in Residence, Harvard University, 1991
- to give six lecture-seminars on European
- Ira Wade Visiting Professor, Johns Hoplins Graduate Center for Advanced International Studies, Bologna, Spring Semester 1990
- Visiting Professor, Duke University, 1989
- (1st half Fall Semester)
- Visiting Professor, Cornell University, 1989
- (2nd half Fall Semester)
- Non-resident Visiting Professor, Johns Hopkins Graduate Center for Advanced International Studies, Bologna, 1985-1986
- Visiting Professor, UC Berkeley, Fall 1979, Fall 1983
- Visiting Associate Professor, University of California at Berkeley, 1973-1974, Fall 1977
- Professional Service
- Conseil Scientifique, CEREQ, 2006 - present
The Foreign member of the Academic Advisory board of the French Government's Labour Market and Training Research Institute. Appointed by Minister of Labor and Minister of Education (Journal Officiel, August 2006).
- Centenary Lecturer, Australian Federation Lecture in the Australian Parliament House, Canberra on "Institutions of Contemporary Capitalism", 2001
One of the series of lectures organized by the
Australian Parliament to commemorate the
centenary of Australia as a nation.
- Rapporteur, Group of Experts and Heads of Governments on the New Economy, 2000
Conference of Heads of Centre-Left and Reform-
oriented Governments, German Chancellery,
Berlin; and one of the three academics to make
presentations at the Heads of Government dinner
(16 heads of government including Clinton,
Jospin, Schroeder, Amato, Simitis, Perrson,
- Co-convenor, 9th German American Academic Council Summer School on Institutions and Economic Performance, 1998-1990
(WZB Berlin July 1998 and Centre for Advanced
Studies, Stanford, July 1999).
- Contributor with Dr. Lars-Hendrick Roeller, Annual Technology and Competitiveness Report of the Research and Training Ministry of the German Government, 1998-1999
- Research Adviser, Prime Minister's Policy Unit, 10 Downing Street, 1998
Responsibility for developing long-term
policy on post-16 Education and Training,
seconded on part-time basis, and with office in 10 Downing St.
- Member, Editorial Board, Industry and Innovation, 1998-present
European contributing editor
- Member, Fachbeirat, Max-Planck Institut fur Gesellschaft, Koln, 1996-present
- Member, Editorial Board, Formation-Emploi, 1996-1999
- Member, Program Committee for the 1996 Convention of the American Political Science Association, 1995-1996
Responsible for the panels and roundtables of
the Section "Advanced Industrialized Societies"
- Member, Beirat, Max-Planck Arbeitsgruppe Berlin (Wiesenthal), 1995-present
- Member, Editorial Board, European Journal of Industrial Relations, 1995-present
- Foreign member, High-level Task Force of the US Social Science Research Council, 1994
To make recommendations on the future of the
international committees of the SSRC.
- Rapporteur-General, OECD's ministerial-level conference on VOTEC, 1994
Concluding conference of the 4-year OECD
research program on national vocational
- Member, Programme Committee for the Biennial 1994 Conference of Europeanists, 1993
- Member, Expert Group, 1990-1991
Set up by DG5 and the Cellule de la Perspective
(attached to Delors' office), on labour market
and training developments in the EC.
- Member, Programme Committee for the International Economic Association, 1988
Conference on Markets, Institutions and
Cooperation: Labour Relations and Economic
Performance, Venice, October 1988
- Member, Joint Committee of the US Social Science Research Council and the American Council of Learned Societies on Western European studies, 1987-1993
- OECD Technical Adviser to Mr. Costa Simitis, Greek Minister of National Economy, 1987
Primary responsibility for developing and
advising on the reentry phase of incomes policy
in Greece, involved three missions to Athens.
- Main adviser to Michael Meacher, Labour shadow minister of employment, 1987-1990
Member of the Labour Party Policy Review
Committee for Employment, Industrial Relations
- Member, Editorial Board, Labour: Review of Labour Economics and Industrial Relations, 1987-present
- Member, Kaldor group, 1985-1987
Set up the leader of the Labour Party, Neil
Kinnock, to advise on economic strategies;
responsible for labour market questions.
- Member and rapporteur, OECD High-level Group of Experts on industrial relations, July 1983
- Member, Editorial Board, Industrial Relations, 1983-1989
- Wendy Carlin and David Soskice, Macroeconomics: Imperfections, Institutions and Policies
pp. 788 + xxiv, Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Varieties of Capitalism: the Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage, edited by Peter Hall and David Soskice
(2001), Oxford University Press.
- Unions, Employers and Central Banks: Wage Bargaining and Macroeconomic Regimes in an Integrating Europe, edited by Torben Iversen, Jonas Pontusson, David Soskice
(2000), Cambridge University Press.
- Okonomische Leistungsfahigkeit und institutionelle Innovation: das deutsche Produkions - und Politikregime in globalen Wettbewerb, edited by Frieder Naschold, David Soskice, Bob Hancke, Ulrich Jurgens
(1997), WZB Jahrbuch 1997, Edition Sigma, Berlin 1997.
- Institutional Frameworks and Labour Market Performance, edited by Friedrich Buttler, Wolfgang Franz, Ronald Schettkat, David Soskice
(1995), Routledge, London.
- Wendy Carlin and David Soskice, Macroeconomics and the Wage Bargain: A Modern Approach to Employment, Inflation and Exchange Rates
pp. 472 + xv, Oxford University Press, Oxford (translated into Italian as Macroeconomica: Occupazione, inflazione, tasso di cambio e contrattazione salariale, (Editrice CLUEB, Bologna, 1993)..).
- Robert Flanagan, David Soskice and Lloyd Ulman, Unionism, Economic Stabilisation and Incomes Policies: European Experience
pp. 705 + xviii, Brookings Institution, Washington (translated into Spanish as Sindacalismo, estabilacion economica y poiticade rentas: la experiencia europea, (MTSS, 1985)..).
Chapters in Books
- D. Soskice, American Exceptionalism and Comparative Political Economy,
in The Great Unraveling: New Labor Market Institutions and Public Policy Responses, edited by Clair Brown, Barry Eichengreen and Michael Reich
pp. 51-93, Cambridge University Press.
- David Soskice, Varieties of Capitalism and Macroeconomic Institutions,
in Beyond Varieties of Capitalism, edited by Bob Hancke, Martin Rhodes and Mark Thatcher
(2008), Oxford University Press.
- Steven Casper and D. Soskice, Sectoral Systems of Innovation and Varieties of Capitalism: Explaining the Development of High-Technology Entrepreneurship in Europe, edited by Franco Malerba,
Sectoral Systems of Innovation in Europe
pp. 348-387, Cambridge University Press.
- Margarita Estevez, Torben Iversen, David Soskice, Social Protection and the Formation of Skills: A Reinterpretation of the Welfare State,
in Varieties of Capitalism: the Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage, edited by Peter Hall and David Soskice
- Peter Hall and David Soskice, Introduction,
in Varieties of Capitalism: the Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage, edited by Peter Hall and David Soskice
- D. Soskice, Explaining Changes in Institutional Frameworks: Societal Patterns of Business Coordination,
in Embedding Organizations, Societal Analysis of Actors, Organizations and Socio-economic Context, edited by Marc Maurice and Arndt Sorge
(2000), John Benjamins, Amsterdam/Philadelphia.
- Macroeconomic Analysis and the Political Economy of Unemployment,
in Unions, Employers and Central Banks: Wage Bargaining and Macroeconomic Regimes in an Integrating Europe, edited by Torben Iversen, Jonas Pontusson, David Soskice
(2000), Cambridge University Press.
- D. Soskice, Divergent Production Regimes: Coordinated and Uncoordinated Market Economies in the 1980s and 1990s,
in Continuity and Change in Contemporary Capitalism, edited by Herbert Kitschelt, Peter Lange, Gary Marks and John D. Stephens
(1999), Cambridge University Press.
- D. Soskice, Bob Hancké, Gunnar Trumball and Anne Wren, Wage Bargaining, Markets and Macroeconomic Performance in Germany and the Netherlands,
in The German and Dutch Economies: Who follows Whom?, edited by L. Delsen and E. de Jong
- D. Soskice, Openness and Diversity: Thinking about Transatlantic Economic Relations,
in Transatlantic Economic Relations in the Post-Cold War Era, edited by Barry Eichengreen
(1998), Brookings and New York Council on Foreign Relations.
- D. Soskice, Stakeholding Yes; the German Model No,
in Stakeholder Capitalism, edited by Kelly, Gavin, Dominic Kelly and Andrew Gamble
(1997), London, Macmillan.
- D. Soskice, Die zukünftige politische konomie der Ökonomie der Europäischen Währungsunion-Auswirkung der monetären Integration auf Europa,
Jahrbuch Arbeit und Technik
(1997), Friedrich Elbert Stiftung.
- D. Soskice, Technologiepolitik, Innovation und nationale Institutionengefuge in Deutschland,
in Okonomische Leistungsfahigkeit und institionelle Innovation: das deutsche Produktions-und Politikregime in globalen Wettbwerb, WAB Jahrbuch 1997
(1997), Edition Sigma, Berlin.
- D. Soskice and Bob Hancké, De la Construction des Normes Industrielles à l'Organisation de la Formation Professionelle: Une Approche Comparative,
in Les Diplômes Professionels en Allemagne et en France, edited by Martine Möbus and Eric Verdier
(1997), Editions L'Harmattan, Paris.
- Friedrich Buttler, Wolfgang Franz, Ronald Schettkat and David Soskice, Introduction: Institutional Frameworks and Labour Market Performance,
in Institutional Frameworks and Labour Market Performance, edited by Buttler, et al
(1995), Routledge, London.
- Wolfgang Franz and David Soskice, The German Apprenticeship System, edited by Buttler et al, supra
- D. Soskice, A Comparative Review of National Training Models: Germany, the UK, the USA and Japan,
in The European Dimension in Vocational Training, Bundesinstitut Berufsbildung, edited by Richard Koch and Jochen Reuling
(1995), Bertelsmann Verlag, Bielefeld.
- D. Soskice, The German Training System: Reconciling Markets and Institutions,
in International Comparisons of Private Sector Training, edited by Lisa Lynch
(1994), University of Chicago Press, NBER Conference Volume.
- D. Soskice, Social Skills in Mass Higher Education: Lessons from the US,
in Britain's Training Deficit, edited by Richard Layard, Kenneth Mayhew and Geoffrey Owens
(1994), Avebury, Aldershot.
- D. Soskice, Innovation Strategies of Companies: A Comparative Institutional Analysis of some Cross-Country Differences,
in Institutionenvergleich und Instituionendynamik, WZB Jahrbuch, edited by Wolfgang Zapf and Meinolf Dierkes
(1994), Sigma, Berlin.
- D. Soskice and Ronald Schettkat, German Institutions and Unemployment: How do they Function? Can They be Translated Eastwards?,
in Labor Responses to European Integration, edited by William Dickens, Barry Eichengreen and Lloyd Ulman
(1993), Brookings Institution.
- D. Soskice, Skill Mismatch, Training Systems and Equilibrium Unemployment: A Comparative Institutional Analysis,
in Mismatch and Labour Mobility, edited by Fiorella Padoa-Schioppa
(1991), CEPR conference volume, Cambridge University Press.
- D. Soskice, The Institutional Infrastructure for International Competitiveness: A Comparative Analysis of the UK and Germany,
in The Economics of the New Europe, edited by A.B. Atkinson and R. Brunetta
(1991), International Economic Association conference volume, Macmillan.
- D. Soskice, Reinterpreting Corporatism and Explaining Unemployment: Co-ordinated and Uncorordinated Market Economies,
in Labour Relations and Economic Performance, edited by C. Dell'Aringa and R. Brunetta
(1990), International Economic Association, vol. 95; Macmillan (A version of this was translated in Italian
as "Perche variano i tassi di
disoccupazione: economia e istituzioni nei
paesi industriali avazati", Stato e
Mercato, n. 27, December 1989..).
- Wendy Carlin and David Soskice, Mediums-run Keynesianism: Hysteresis and Capital Scrapping,
in Macroeconomic Problems and Politics of Income Distribution, edited by Paul Davidson and Jan Kregel
(1989), Edward Elgar.
- D. Soskice, Ce una Strategia Coerente di Politica Economica per la Sinistra?,
in La Sfida della Flessibilita: Impresa, Lavoro e Sindacati nella Fase "post-Fordista", edited by Marino Regini
(1988), Franco Angeli, Milan.
- D. Soskice, Uber unzulangliche und wegweisende Beitrage real existierender industrieller Beziehungen zum Beshaftigungs-problem-fur einen 'Flexiblen Korporatismus,
in Uber okonomische und institutionelle Bedingungen erfolgreiche Beshaftigungs-und Arbeitsmarktpolitik, edited by Egon Matzner, Jan Kregel and Alessandro Roncaglia
(1987), Edition Sigma, Berlin (translated into English as: "Towards a
Flexible Corporatism" in Matzner et al.
eds., Barriers to Full Employment
(Macmillan, London, 1987).).
- D. Soskice, Le Politiche dei Redditi in Gran Bretagna,
in Le Politiche dei Redditi: Introduzione a un Dibattito, edited by A. Roncaglia
(1986), Banca Popolare dell-Etruria/Studi e Richerche, Arezzo.
- D. Soskice, Chapters on Productivity, and Unemployment and the Changing Labour Market,
in America in Perspective: Major Trends in the 1990s
(1986), Houghton Mifflin, Boston.
- D. Soskice, Modelling the Effect of Oil Price Changes,
in Jordan's Place within the Arab Oil Economies
(1986), Yarmouk University, Irbid.
- D. Soskice, Le Relazione Industriale e l'Economia Britannica,
in Le Politiche del Lavoro in Europa agli Inizi degli Anni Ottanti, edited by Giuseppe della Rocca
(1986), Quaderni della Fondazione G. Brodolini (Marsilio Editori, Milano).
- D. Soskice, Comment: On the nationalisations 1981-1984,
in Economic Policy and Policy-making under the Mitterrand Presidency, 1981-4, edited by Howard Machin and Vincent Wright
(1985), Frances Pinter, London.
- D. Soskice, Italy: A Non-Accommodating Economy,
in Italy in the 1980s: Paradoxes of a Dual Society, edited by D.di Palma and P. Siegelman
(1983), World Affairs Council of N. Calif., San Francisco.
- D. Soskice, Strike Waves and Wage Explosions, 1968-1970: an Economic Interpretation,
in The Resurgence of Class Conflict in Western Europe since 1968, vol. 2: Comparative Analyses, edited by Colin Crouch and Alessandro Pizzorno
(1978), Macmillan, London and Holmes and Meier, New York (Translated in Italian and included with a
selected set of chapters in Crouch and
Pizzorno, eds., Conflitti in Europa, (Etas
Libri, Milano, 1979)..).
- David Bevan and David Soskice, Evaluating the Development of Tourism in a Small Island Economy,
in Using Shadow Prices, edited by I.M.D. Little and M. Fg. Scott
(1976), Heineremann Educational Books.
- D. Soskice, The Effects of the 1967 Abortion Act on 'Shotgun' Marriages,
in The Wolfson Lectures 1973
(1974), Oxford University Press.
- with Torben Iversen, Real Exchange Rates and Competitiveness: The Political Economic Foundations of Comparative Advantage,
American Political Science Review
- with Torben Iversen, With Torben Iversen, “Distribution and Redistribution: the Shadow of the Nineteenth Century.,
- D Finegold and D Soskice, Britain's Failure to Train: Explanations and Possible Strategies,
Oxford Review of Economic Policy, vol. 4 no. 3
(1988) (reprinted as "Britain's Failure to Train:
Analysis and Presciption", in David
Gleeson, ed., Training and its
Alternatives, (Open University Press,
reprinted in Tim Jenkinson, ed., Readings
in Microeconomics (Oxford University Press,
- P Hall and D Soskice, Una risposta degli autori,
Stato e Mercato no. 3
- D Soskice, Varietà dei capitalismi: alcuni tratti fondamentali,
Stato e Mercato no. 3
- P Hall and D Soskice, Varieties of Capitalism and Institutional Change: A Reponse to Three Critics, in Review Symposium on Hall and Soskice,
Comparative European Politics
- D Soskice and T Iversen, Multiple Wage-Bargaining Systems in the European Single Currency Area,
Oxford Review of Economic Policy, vol. 14 no. 3
- B Hanck, 233 and D Soskice, Die Wunderbare Welt der Kapitalismen,
Die Mitbestimmung, vol. 7 no. 8
- W Carlin and D Soskice, Shocks to the System: the German Political Economy under Stress,
National Institute Economic Review no. 159
- D Soskice, Labour Markets in the European Community in the 1990s,
Social Europe, special issue
(1994) (paper prepared for the European Commission
working group on the future of European
- D Soskice, Social Skills from Mass Higher Education: Rethinking the Company-based Initial Training Paradigm,
Oxford Review of Economic Policy, vol. 9 no. 9
- D Soskice, Vocational Training: An International Perspective,
- D Soskice, The UK Economy and Industrial Relations, 1979 to 1983,
Industrial Relations, vol. 23 no. 3
- D Soskice, Theories of Unemployment since the General Theory: Progress or Regress?,
Industrial Relations, vol. 22 no. 3
- D Soskice and TJ Trussell, Effects of the Abortion Act,
British Journal of Hospital Medicine
(1973) (And "Reply to Dr. Goodhart", BJHM, June
1973. Also, with Professor H.L.A.
Hart, "After the Act", the Guardian, 3/5/72..).
- D Soskice, A Modification of the CES Production Function to Allow for Changing Returns to Scale Over the Function,
Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. L no. 4
- D Soskice, Globalisierung und institutionelle Divergenz: Die USA und Deutschland im Vergleich",
Geschichte und Gesellschaft, vol. Heft 2
- with S Abrams, T Iversen and D Soskice, Informal Social Networks and Rational Voting,
BRITISH JOURNAL OF POLITICAL SCIENCE, vol. 41
pp. 229-257 [Gateway.cgi], [doi].
- with T Cusack, T Iversen and D Soskice, Coevolution of Capitalism and Political Representation: The Choice of Electoral Systems,
AMERICAN POLITICAL SCIENCE REVIEW, vol. 104 no. 2
pp. 393-403 [Gateway.cgi], [doi].
- with BR Schneider and D Soskice, Inequality in developed countries and Latin America: coordinated, liberal and hierarchical systems,
ECONOMY AND SOCIETY, vol. 38 no. 1
pp. 17-52 [Gateway.cgi], [doi].
- with W Carlin and D Soskice, German economic performance: disentangling the role of supply-side reforms, macroeconomic policy and coordinated economy institutions,
SOCIO-ECONOMIC REVIEW, vol. 7 no. 1
pp. 67-99 [Gateway.cgi], [doi].
- with TR Cusack, T Iversen and D Soskice, Economic interests and the origins of electoral systems,
AMERICAN POLITICAL SCIENCE REVIEW, vol. 101 no. 3
pp. 373-391 [Gateway.cgi], [doi].
- T Iversen and D Soskice, Electoral institutions and the politics of coalitions: Why some democracies redistribute more than others,
AMERICAN POLITICAL SCIENCE REVIEW, vol. 100 no. 2
pp. 165-181 [Gateway.cgi].
- T Iversen and D Soskice, New macroeconomics and political science,
ANNUAL REVIEW OF POLITICAL SCIENCE, vol. 9
pp. 425-453 [Gateway.cgi], [doi].
- Wendy Carlin and David Soskice, The 3-Equation New Keynesian Model - A Graphical Exposition,
Contributions to Macroeconomics, vol. 5 no. 1
(November, 2005) (Article 13.).
- T Iversen, F Rosenbluth and D Soskice, Divorce and the gender division of labor in comparative perspective,
SOCIAL POLITICS, vol. 12 no. 2
pp. 216-242 [Gateway.cgi], [doi].
- D Soskice, Varieties of capitalism and cross-national gender differences,
SOCIAL POLITICS, vol. 12 no. 2
pp. 170-179 [Gateway.cgi], [doi].
- B Hancke and D Soskice, Wage-setting and inflation targets in EMU,
OXFORD REVIEW OF ECONOMIC POLICY, vol. 19 no. 1
pp. 149-160 [Gateway.cgi], [doi].
- T Iversen and D Soskice, An asset theory of social policy preferences,
AMERICAN POLITICAL SCIENCE REVIEW, vol. 95 no. 4
pp. 875-893 [Gateway.cgi].
- D Soskice and T Iversen, The nonneutrality of monetary policy with large price or wage setters,
QUARTERLY JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS, vol. 115 no. 1
pp. 265-284 [Gateway.cgi], [doi].
- S Casper, M Lehrer and D Soskice, Can High-technology Industries Prosper in Germany? Institutional Frameworks and the Evolution of the German Software and Biotechnology Industries,
Industry and Innovation, vol. 6 no. 1
- D Soskice, German technology policy, innovation, and national institutional frameworks,
Industry and Innovation, vol. 4
- D SOSKICE, R BATES and D EPSTEIN, AMBITION AND CONSTRAINT - THE STABILIZING ROLE OF INSTITUTIONS,
JOURNAL OF LAW ECONOMICS & ORGANIZATION, vol. 8 no. 3
pp. 547-560 [Gateway.cgi].
- D. Soskice, Wage Determination: The Changing Role of Institutions in Advanced Industrialised Countries,
Oxford Review of Economic Policy, vol. 6 no. 4
(1990) (reprinted in Tim Jenkinson, ed., Readings
in Macroeconomics (Oxford University Press,
- D Soskice, Money and Net Wealth: A Comment.,
Oxford Economic Papers, vol. 24 no. 3
- Sigurt Vitols, Steven Casper, David Soskice, Stephen Woolcock, Corporate Governance in large British and German Companies: Comparative Institutional Advantage or Competing for Best Practice?
(1997), London, Anglo-German Foundation Report.
- D. Soskice and Torben Iversen, Central Bank-Trade Union Interventions and the Equilibrium Rate of Employment
(1997), WZB Discussion paper FS 1 97-308.
- D. Soskice and Bob Hancké, Von der Konstuktion von Industrienormen zur Organisation der Berufsausbildung: Eine vergleichende Analyse am Beispiel von Großbritannien, Deutshland, Japan und Frankreich
(1996), WZB Discussion Paper 96-303.
- Bob Hancké and David Soskice, Coordination and Restructuring in Large French Firms: the Evolution of French Industry in the 1980s
(1996), WZB Discussion Paper.
- D. Soskice, The German Wage Bargaining System
(1994), Proceedings of the Industrial Relations Research Association, 46th Annual Meeting.
- D. Soskice, Flexibility and Unemployment: The View from Western Europe,
in Proceedings of the 39th Annual Congress of the Industrial Relations Research Association (New Orleans, Dec. 1986)
(1987), IRRA, Wisconsin.
- D. Soskice, Why are Successful Economies Successful?,
in Corporatism and Accountability News no. 3
(1986), Economic and Social Research Council.
- D. Soskice with Lloyd Ulman, Neoclassism and Corporatism: some Provisional Notes
(1985), Corporatism and Accountability News, Economic and Social Research Council.
- D. Soskice, Collective Bargaining and Economic Policies
(1983), Rapporteurs report of High-level Expert Group, Manpower and Social Affairs Committee, OECD, MAS(83)23, (OCED, Paris).
- D. Soskice, Is Self-Interest Meaningful behind the Harsanyi-Rawls Veil of Ignorance?
(1974), Working Paper IP-214, Committee on Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, IBER, University of California, Berkeley.
- D. Soskice, Salop and Stiglitz on Involuntary Unemployment in Competitive Markets with Turnover Costs
(1974), Working Paper IP-216, Committee on Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, IBER, University of California, Berkeley.
Last modified: 2016/02/08